We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Trigger a scene with Cooper Aspire one-scene controller  (Read 3428 times)

Offline chuckclaus

Trigger a scene with Cooper Aspire one-scene controller
« on: June 07, 2012, 12:20:50 pm »
Verde newbie and trying to figure out how to get my Cooper Aspire one-scene controller switch to trigger a scene via Verde Lite. I have the scene set up successfully and can activate it via the browser UI but I can't figure out how to get the controller switch to do it.

Questions include:
  • should the trigger reference the "Switch" device or the "Scene Controller" device? Img attached
  • What type of event is the trigger? This makes no sense to me because the trigger should be 'pushing the button on the switch'. The event type should be what is triggered, right?

Offline DaveGee

Re: Trigger a scene with Cooper Aspire one-scene controller
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 04:41:19 pm »
While I too am new to Vera lite (and zwave in general) I just added some intermatic 5300(?) scene controllers ... What I'd call a loadless one button switch. The process of pairing a scene with the device required the following

Creating one scene with the desired ON combination.
Creating one scene with the desired OFF combination.

Then editing the ON scene to have the desired scene controller (switch) be the trigger and in the 'scene' (or was it group) box and entering 255. 255 is the value that gets sent when the up/on button is triggered.

In the OFF scene do the exact same for the trigger BUT in that scene/group text box enter 0 which is the value that is sent when the down/off button is triggered.

I'll check mine now and fix the terms as needed.

Okay I just checked in the trigger function for each scene you see this:

Device.: .... (the name of your scene controller)
What type of event is the trigger?: ........  A scene is activated
Name for this trigger:    NAME-TRIGGER ( I called mine bath scene ON)
Which scene number:   __________ <---- this is where you put the number 0 (ZERO) for OFF or 255 for ON

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:53:48 pm by DaveGee »

Offline chuckclaus

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 03:49:04 pm »
Tried that, didn't work. Do you have any idea if I should use the "Switch" (#6) device or the "Controller" (#2) device in the Trigger? Here's the image of my choices: http://tinypic.com/r/28ilz81/6

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 04:12:22 pm »
The scene controller device number 2 is Vera itself.

- Garrett

Offline chuckclaus

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 05:15:36 pm »
Thanks for the clarification Garrett! That should make my troubleshooting more effective.

Offline chuckclaus

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 02:22:25 am »
Okay, got it working for OFF with the recommended settings but "255" isn't working for the ON scene. Any suggestions?

Offline DaveGee

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 11:44:45 am »
Okay ... Well you may want to check for a programming manual for the switch to determine what scene it triggers for the on command..

If 255 isnt ON then id just guessing but it could be 1 for ON or 100 or 256  tho I'm pretty sure I read that scenes went from 0 to 255

Offline chuckclaus

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 12:14:56 pm »
Tried 100, 1, 256... any idea how to identify what it's sending in the Logs? Driving me crazy that off works but one doesn't. Thanks for your help!

Offline chuckclaus

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 12:19:15 pm »
Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 6 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1 variable: sl_SceneActivated was: 99 now: 0 #hooks: 2 upnp: 0 v:0xc30f88/NONE duplicate:0 <0x2b551680>

Figured it out from the logs! Thanks for your help.

For future forum searchers, Cooper Wiring Aspire No Load dimming switch/scene controller sends 99 for the ON button and 0 for the OFF button to trigger a scene.

Offline DaveGee

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 12:52:33 pm »
Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 6 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1 variable: sl_SceneActivated was: 99 now: 0 #hooks: 2 upnp: 0 v:0xc30f88/NONE duplicate:0 <0x2b551680>

Figured it out from the logs! Thanks for your help.

For future forum searchers, Cooper Wiring Aspire No Load dimming switch/scene controller sends 99 for the ON button and 0 for the OFF button to trigger a scene.

Nice work! Oh and okay if you start counting at 0 which is off then 99 would be the 100th  number but I'd be very surprised if anyone else had their ON scene number set to 99. Just goes to show, with zwave it's always a good idea to expect the unexpected.   ;D

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 01:10:25 pm »
Interesting. It feels like a(nother) mapping that could be improved in Vera. I guess ideally it would be nice if for all the various devices like this, it mapped to a A scene is activated and A scene is de-activated, Which scene number = 1. I'll add it to an open bug report.
Dezwaved at the moment...