Author Topic: Mini split system compatible with Vera  (Read 495 times)

Offline powisquare

Mini split system compatible with Vera
« on: October 12, 2018, 09:41:47 am »
Hi - does anyone have a mini split system which is compatible with vera?

Offline Helen

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Newbie
Re: Mini split system compatible with Vera
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 04:22:35 am »
Good morning,

We kindly suggest you to check our list of compatible devices before placing and order online :

http://getvera.com/compatibility/

Thank you.

Offline powisquare

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 05:54:58 am »
Thanks Helen - I already have three boxes and when I try your suggested link no air conditioners appear.

I am trying to ascertain if anyone has been able to control a mini split system using Vera. CudaNet was making progress with Mitsubishi and asahani with Daikin. Has anyone connected theirs via wifi?

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 10:10:29 am »
Hi - does anyone have a mini split system which is compatible with vera?

There's an IntesisBox plugin, and you can use an IntesisBox unit with any of the units listed here: https://www.intesisbox.com/en/wifi/gateways/
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline powisquare

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 10:47:52 am »
Thanks rigpapa. Looks interesting indeed. I am looking at probably five zones of between two and three head units. Am I correct in understanding the intesis box needs to be wired to each head? Was hoping to get in via wifi.

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 11:34:16 am »
Thanks rigpapa. Looks interesting indeed. I am looking at probably five zones of between two and three head units. Am I correct in understanding the intesis box needs to be wired to each head? Was hoping to get in via wifi.

The IS-IR-WMP-1 works with IR-compatible units, so no wiring needed. It parallels the remote control for the unit. I would contact them directly and get specifics for your scenario.

That said, if there's an AC unit you are looking at that has an API accessible over wi-fi directly, I'd be happy to look at the documentation for it. Talking to the unit is a relatively small part of what the plugin must do--most of it is Vera-specific plugin gyrations.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Online zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 05:33:17 pm »
Any IR system  can be controlled easily (& cheaply) with a Broadlink RM2 or Mini.
There is a Plug In for this, I only mention this as IR was mentioned rather than WiFi.
A generic WiFi Split system controller would be a great Plug In. especially if different Models/Manufacturers could be selected.
There is a lot of wishful thinking here as it would be herculean task....but maybe posssible by use of Manufacturer specific Plug Ins...
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline powisquare

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 12:26:06 pm »
From an aesthetic pov I am slowly seduced by the Daikin Emura units. It would be nice to be as least cluttered as possible - perhaps a small IR transmitter/intesis box may work but would involve wiring and mounting. Just not sure I'd get away with it on WAF : ) Is there a way?

On another note I have just seen this https://ifttt.com/daikin_online_controller