We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: weird light behavior  (Read 271 times)

Offline brerspidur

weird light behavior
« on: October 15, 2018, 02:33:52 pm »
I recently had some issues that caused me to have to delete and re-add several devices to my hub.  Since then I am seeing an odd behavior when turning off switches (intermatic and GE dimmers) some, but not all of these devices were recently re-added, but others were untouched.  When i turn the dimmer off, it quickly goes from full brightness to off (expected behavior), but once it is off, it very briefly flashes full brightness again before turning off again.  Has anyone seen anything like this before?  i need to check and see is ALL dimmers are affected, and also if my standard toggle switches are affected as well.

Offline Ionut A

• Global Moderator
Re: weird light behavior
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 02:58:41 am »
Hello Brerspidur,

We have opened for you a troubleshoot ticket for further investigations. Please check your email address and reply to us.

Thank you!

Offline Inzax

Re: weird light behavior
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 07:26:50 am »
My GE dimmers have recently started acting odd. 

When you turned them off they showed "ON" via the web interface despite being "OFF."  The only way to get the dimmer to reflect its true status was to turn them back on and then OFF again. 

I filed a ticket and was told the light did not have the "instant status update feature" therefore it would only update via Vera polling.

Here is my issue with that explanation.  Those lights have worked properly, updating their status for the last 4 years.  Why the change?  I have done nothing to the vera.   AND, the lights would update their status if I turned them back on, then off.   

Sorry I don't have an answer for your question.  You are not alone when it comes to recent, odd behavior of GE dimmer switches on Vera.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge