Author Topic: Qubino double relais switches on and off every 2-3 seconds.  (Read 7114 times)

Offline Cor

Qubino double relais switches on and off every 2-3 seconds.
« on: October 14, 2018, 11:28:59 am »
Hi all .

Installed about a year ago a Qubino double relais, all fine , no issues.
last week I installed a dimmer from Qubino and now the  relais which I installed last year  is getting crazy. Every 2-3 seconds the second child switches itself on  and off. very very wierd... I don't get it. , only the second cild though , the other one stays off.

I noticed there are a lot of associations on both relais and dimmer , does that have something to do with it?
I tried to delete them , and it looks like that is the problem but the associations keep getting back.
PLease see attachments.

I deleted and saved , Lua restart , but everytime I load , all the same associations are back.

Anyone knows what to do?

Thanks,
Cor

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 04:18:29 pm by Cor »

Offline Cristina

• Support
  • Sr. Newbie
Re: Qubino double relaus switches on and off every 2-3 seconds.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 01:14:39 pm »
Hello,

Please note that I have send you an email so we can check exactly what might be the cause of this.

Thank you and Have a nice day,

Offline Cor

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 02:59:08 pm »
Hello Christina,

I have Physically disabled the relais now , since I doubt it will be good when the relais switches on and off every 3 seconds.  Tomorrow I will connect the relais again and respond on your email.

Thanks for looking into this,
Cor

Offline Cor

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 08:21:10 am »
WTF; now another relais ( Fibaro) did the same, every 2-3 seconds on- off. Also there I see some wierd associations suddenly , which I am pretty sure I haven't seen there before.

Anyway , tech support is enabled , verbose logging on  ( and offcourse now it is waiting untill it happends again  :-X

Cor

Offline Cor

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 10:26:50 am »
And here we go , like a disco light On-Off -On -off-on -ff , every 2-3 seconds  :o

Cor

Offline Cor

Re: Qubino double relais switches on and off every 2-3 seconds.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 04:19:16 pm »
Several emails have been send to vera , but no reply yet... almost the whole day the light has been switched on and off every so many seconds  :(

Cor

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 05:22:09 pm »
Have you tried a factory reset?
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Cor

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 01:27:56 pm »
@zedrally: from the whole vera plus  :o ?    It will take me months to pair all my devices again and make all the scenes / Pleg....... not looking forward to that.

I was hoping the people at vera could do some magic , but their solution was to unpair and pair them, which was a pain, since they are completely build in.

Anyway , I did so , and now the waiting game .... let's see if it is normal again...  But very very wierd.
And also very disturbing , since I have Fibaro and Qubino relais in all kind of devices like my heating , pumps, garage door ...... it would be very very bad if they get a mind of their own.

Cor

Offline Cor

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 02:14:32 pm »
I have excluded and included the devices again but no luck...... still on -off every couple of seconds.

After some more troubleshootting I found what causes the light the go on and off , it is a Fibaro dimmer, which I changed location last week. As soon as I switch that dimmer on , the second child of the Qubino relais toglles on-off untill the fibaro dimmer is off again.

Very very very wierd. I suspect it has something to do with associations , but I can't figure out what exactly.
 Attached 2 screenshots , one from the fibaro "configuration parameters"  and one from the Qubino relais.

I have than deleted the "configuration parameters" on the fibaro dimmer, but still the same.  I had the configuration parameters on the fibaro , since I wanted the dimmer to act like a relais. But now since I deleted these parameters the dimmer was like before , when it was in my bedroom. 

Does anyone has an idea what is going on? If not , tomorrow I will reset the Fibaro dimmer and try again.

Many thanks,
Cor

Offline Cor

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 11:06:03 am »
I have now excluded and included the fibaro dimmer, which should factory reset the dimmer as well. But after inclusion ...... it happends again , the Qubino relais toggles on and off when this dimmer is on :o

Anyone has an idea what could be the cause?

Many thanks,
Cor

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 07:21:48 am »
Hi Cor,

One thing I noticed from Qubino dimmers on my system I also have all these associations now that I never set, for groups 6,9, and 11. Even to some to me unknown and hidden _Scene Controller 1 device. Those are reporting groups, so should not impact other devices. Reading the documents, setting some parameters could add associations. Luckally my lights are not flashing all day.

The only thing else I can think of is that the I1 or I2 inputs are set for a momentary switch but have a toggle switch connected? I seem to remember that during my experimenting that could give a constant on/off effect. But, that could of course only happen is there is some share wiring between your devices.

Good luck in finding your gremlin.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Cor

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 08:10:21 am »
According support from vera , the logs shows no connection between the Fibaro dimmer and Qubino relais.
I physically ( and unpaired) the dimmer , and put a fibaro relais on that position , now the Qubino relais acts normally.

They asked me to update the firmware ( I am on 1.7.3501 ) A bit worried, but I will update next week when I am home again ( they will have 6 days to roll me back if neccesary  :-X)  . Pair the dimmer and see what happends.

I really have no idea what's going on

Cor

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 08:25:37 am »
Cor,

I don't want to redirect the issue and I'm trying to be constructive, but when a device is involved that is not Vera I would always open a parallel discussion with the manufacturer of that device as well.
They should validate or invalidate the discussion with Vera.  As it's very possible that this is a known issue by them, and not yet by Vera. Qubino engineered those devices, so even if it's Vera's fault(less probable), they should be able to recognize the behavior and guide you better to a solution.

A Vera engineer would find it hard to know the defect or behavior patterns of all the devices on the market.

If you've excluded from Vera and it seems to work it's because the exclusion process also resets that device to factory, it doesn't necessarily mean Vera was causing that behavior. Most likely a parameter stored in the device, as you mentioned as well.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:28:41 am by Sorin »
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Cor

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 08:47:28 am »
@ Sorin: Makes sense and as soon as we rule out that not vera is sending commands to the Qubino I will try contact them.

Next week when I am home again , i will upgrade my vera plus , put power on the Dimmer and pair it.  When it happends again I hope  it will show on the logs.

Thanks,
Cor

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 08:53:14 am »
Upgrading the Vera firmware is the default action, to make sure you're running the latest device definitions settings and compatibility update. This doesn't mean it will necessarily fix your issue. You could ask the support team to assist you with the upgrade or let them do it if you're fearful. But of course, I'd not recommend to do it when you're away.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7