Author Topic: Qubino double relais switches on and off every 2-3 seconds.  (Read 6499 times)

Offline Cor

Re: Qubino double relais switches on and off every 2-3 seconds.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 10:20:27 am »
Just worried that some plugins for example will not work anymore, or other issues which I read on the forum.

Cor

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 11:30:01 am »
Fair concern  :-\  .Make sure you create a full backup, and if something goes south, you can downgrade
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Cor

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2018, 09:38:29 am »
Wunderfull; yesterday I upgraded to the new firmware. 1 wallplug does not work anymore , 2 fibaro door/window sensors are "not connected" anymore.   I facroty reset the 3 devices and paired again  but pfffff, so frustrating. The wallplug I cannot rename it , and also unable to move it to another room. The 2 Fibaro sensors are stuck at "waiting for wakeup to configure" but waking them up does nothing. Oh yeah , and one of the fibaro is suddenly now a "generic i/o"  :-\

Did I mention I am unable to ENABLE tech support? When I click on "enable", I get the rotating disk for 3 seconds and than nothing , still "disabled" .  I am very curious what to do now since Tech support can not login now.

I hate updating firmware on my vera , everytime it takes me days to iron out the errors.

Cor

Online kwieto

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 05:47:36 am »
Couple of comments from my site:
  • Both Qubino and Fibaro may set some associations by default. It is for reporting purposes and to make power reporting be able to work properly. You don't need to touch these associations
  • The same goes for configuration parameters - they are set by default and there is no need touching them, you may just check if they are set as they should according to manual. Some devices give you list of parameters (with descriptions) by default, for some of them you have to add them manually. Qubino gives you full list, for Fibaro you usually have to add them manually.
  • Unpairing doesn't necessarily reset the device. For example, for Qubino you have to press the button on the module by (as far as I remember) 5 sec. to make it reset, while for unpairing 2 sec. is enough. Check the manual for both Fibaro and Qubino, as the reset procedure may be different for specific device
  • Check the connection to physical switches and how you have them configured (mono/bistable, bistable with memory or not). I had issues with some Qubino 2 relays after changing the setup: At the beginning 1st channel was attached to physical switch, 2nd was mirroring behaviour of the 1st. Then I configured z-wave switch steering the qubino via a scene, but left the physical switch attached (fixed in ON position). Then I sometimes had issues when the Qubino turned on by a scene, was switching back off immediately. Next try and everything worked. Then I changed the setup again, in a way that there is short delay between switching 1st and 2nd relay AND removed connection to physical switch. No issues since then.
  • Another thing to check is that Fibaro usually allows you to choose if your bistable switch turns on the light on just changing the state, or attaches specific state to certain position of the switch (ON when switch is ON, OFF when switch is OFF). Qubino works just on changing the state. This may cause some issues (i.e. when switch was turned on by a scene you may have to toggle physical switch ON and OFF to turn the device off), although I don't think it might affect another device
  • If you have troubles enabling remote support, check your memory, both RAM and Storage (lack of the latter is probably the reason of your troubles). If this is the issue, you may login via SSH (WinSCP is best as it offers GUI) and do some tidying up of lua files, or remove some not used Z-wave localisation files (you don't need files for regions you are not using, and removing them may free up about 2MB of space). The how-to is somewhere on the forum, or I may provide you the recipe if you need

Offline Cor

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 03:31:52 am »
@ Kwieto;

In the mean time tech support was able to log into my system ( they had 2 URLS which I had to click), they also restored a prevesously backup.  But still lots of issues. Monday I recieved some emails to do this and that. But Yesterday nothing unfortunately , I hope they spend some time today on my system , since from tomorrow I am gone again for 7 days  :-\
I regret doing the firmware upgrade .... :-[

-System monitor plugin does not work anymore. So I have no idea what the status of the vera is.
-most / all fibaro fkg-101 ( window-door sensors) are not working anymore ( does not change status)
-Unable to include 2 Fibaro FGDW-002 window/door sensors , they are stuck at "setting special ......"

very very frustrating , now 4 days my home system is not functioning how it should be.

It was mentioned before in another thread that my system is running low on memory or storage, when there is a luup restart it takes ages for virtual switches to start working ( they simply don't respond the first 20 minutes).
But after a scene with luup code which every 30 minutes purges something , it was much better.

Anyway , it might be better to delete some stuff which is not necessary on my system as you say.
I have winscp on my computer and can login on my vera, but how do I know which files I can delete / tidy up?

Thanks,
Cor

Online kwieto

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 04:45:14 pm »
Strange, I have no issues with System Monitor plugin nor FGK-101 (I have 4 of them) on the current firmware installed on my 2 Plus'es.
I don't have FGDW-002, so no opinion here, recently I had issues with setting configuration parameters on Zipato RGBW2 bulb (stucked at configuration), but that bulb is not supported officially.

For cleaning up check the folder where device/plugin configuration files are stored (I don't remember exact place). The easiest way is to look for files left by plugins you once installed and then removed (Vera doesn't remove them during uninstallation).
Usually they are named after the plugin name, like "D_Datamine?.", S_ALTUI...", etc.
If you have such files for plugins you uninstalled, download them and then remove (in worst case you'll have to restore backup or upload the files again).

For removing Z-wave localization files, you should look into the "/etc/cmh-zwfw" folder and then you have list of the files, named like "zwave_zm5304_fw_6.01_au.hex".
The last two letters in the name are localization code, you can remove anything which doesn't belong to your region. The trick is to replace the files with empty files named the same way (also the extension), because other way they'll be recreated again during the nightly healing.
You may create empty text files for that, just remember to change extensions from .txt to .hex

Offline Cor

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2018, 03:57:53 pm »
@ Kwieto ,

Thanks for your time.

I looked with winscp in my vera plus , but except for some eu files , I don't see anything else  (see attachemnt region.jpg). Anything I can delete there?

Looking for the directory for plugins I see something disturbing ......maybe. I use datamine quite a lot. But log ( i hope) everything on a 8GB USB stick. but when I look in the datamine directory , I see a lot of files there ....... full off:
dataMineConfig.json.Fri Nov  2 01-30-05 2018.backup    about 1,13mb per file , almost 280 of these files  , 316 MB in totall. Is that normall? (see attachment datamine.)
When I installed the plugin it said to check if the USB-stick (8GB) size would be correct , which I think it does, see picture datamin2.

system monitor plugin started working again , suddenly ::) .... Gremlins I think....

Thanks ,
Cor

Offline mylesm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 03:08:53 am »
did you check switch setting ie toggle or single throw as was advised above