Author Topic: ZME WallC-S2 issue(s)  (Read 164 times)

Offline paulmarian

ZME WallC-S2 issue(s)
« on: October 16, 2018, 05:52:14 am »
Hi all,
I have several SME WallC-S (not the 2-version) installed in my downstairs livingroom/kitchen etc. Beside the fact that the batteries drain very fast (is that normal?) the controllors respond normally and mostly quick (sometimes I have to wait a few moments). But around 1 year ago, I installed a ZEM WallC-S2 controller in the bedroom of my youngest son. Only to turn on and turn off a led. Looked like it worked well, but here the battery drains VERY fast and everytime we click on a button to put it on or off, the indicator led blinks Red (twice). Despite this, the led turns on. Same goes for turning it off. The led indicator blinks red (twice). Now since a few weeks I left the 'cases' off so that I can see the controller directly and check the indicator better. I noticed that every now and than (not quite sure how long the interval is), the led indicator blinks red.
I also am not able to dim up/down quite precise. Only when the batteries are new it works fine. And if I remove the cases (so push the buttons directly) it also responses much better.
I have the feelings something is not quite right with the controller. Why does it give me red blink and turn the led on and/or off? And why does it blink red every now and than?

I am using this with a Vera 3 controller. Which is by the way not near the wall controller at all. So it has to find another way to communicate.
Wakeup interval is set to 604800 seconds.
Device settings:
Variable      data size        value
1                1 byte dec      1
2                1 byte dec      1
11               1 byte dec      1
12               1 byte dec      1
13               1 byte dec      1
14               1 byte dec      1

Hope this enough information to (perhaps) give me some advises on how to better setup this controller?

Thanks! Any help is much appreciated!

Offline Cristina

• Support
  • Sr. Newbie
Re: ZME WallC-S2 issue(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 03:12:44 am »
Hello Paul,

Please note that we have open a trouble ticket for you so as soon as you have the time, please reply to us.

Thank you and Have a nice day,