Author Topic: Scene as trigger for another scene  (Read 162 times)

Offline RHCPNG

Scene as trigger for another scene
« on: October 17, 2018, 10:44:02 am »
Hi guys,

I was wondering, is it possible to use a scene as trigger for another scene? I know there are workarounds for this, but I?m still curious. I couldn?t find an answer to this question.

Thnx.

Offline rafale77

Re: Scene as trigger for another scene
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 12:54:16 pm »
There is a code I have implemented and pushed to openLuup and AK has accepted which does something similar: have an action in the scene editor to run another scene. I am not sure how this could be implemented on a vera.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 01:18:42 pm »
Hi guys,

I was wondering, is it possible to use a scene as trigger for another scene? I know there are workarounds for this, but I?m still curious. I couldn?t find an answer to this question.

Thnx.

I have many scenes that run (trigger) other scenes. For example, almost every room of every floor of my house has an "off" scene to shut everything down in that room. I also have a "level off" scene for each floor that runs the off scenes of the rooms on that level via a series of action calls in scene Lua.

Code: [Select]
luup.call_action( "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1", "RunScene", { SceneNum=xx }, 0 )
luup.call_action( "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1", "RunScene", { SceneNum=yy }, 0 )
luup.call_action( "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1", "RunScene", { SceneNum=zz }, 0 )
return true

Not sure what other workarounds there may be, but that seems to be the most direct approach.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline RHCPNG

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 10:10:59 am »
Thanks both! These are great solutions. Especially the action for a scene in openluup.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 10:54:24 am »
Thanks both! These are great solutions. Especially the action for a scene in openluup.
see http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33308.msg419873.html#new
the runscene upnp action

the advantage ( when I have time ) is that it shoudl work in mutlicontroller mode, so runscene('1-123') should be valid ( but I have not coded that yet )