Author Topic: SQ Lists  (Read 1199 times)

Offline smarttechnology

SQ Lists
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:23:22 pm »
Hi guys,

I have created a list in SQ I have uploaded images etc and it all looks good. My issue is that it doesn't work. When you select a station I get an error saying "digit 1" etc is not a valid command or words to that effect. I have in my device file created it commands and called them "digit 1" digit_1, 1 everything I can think of but the list view simply won't have it. I can manually execute the digit 1 command and my device responds as expected. I assume this is a formatting issue but I'm a little stuck at the moment.

Please help.

Offline umtauscher

Re: SQ Lists
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 09:31:22 am »
Hi Smarty,  ;-)

in every device file there are keys predefined that are called "DIGIT 1" - "DIGIT 0" if you are using a device from the library.
I suppose when you create a completely new device you have to use the same naming convention or otherwise SQRemote will not be able to find the appropriate codes for the channel change.
When you create a new device, you have to enter "Edit Commands" from the device setup panel. You normally then have an empty list with an entry field and a + sign.
Press the + button to create a new command. From the Learn Command page you tip on "New Command 1" and Enter "Digit in the following screen and the press the "search" button. You will get a list of all Digits. Then you choose the appropriate command name and Learn the command.
Repeat that for all Digits and you should be fine.
Hope that helps

Wilhelm