Author Topic: Texecom Premier Plug-in  (Read 20224 times)

Offline detailme

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Texecom Premier Plug-in
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2017, 10:37:25 am »
Wow that was a quick reply!

I would prefer a Panic alarm as apposed to just triggering the partition to activate the sounder but to be honest it wouldnt matter really.
To activate a panic from the keypad you just hold keys 1 and 3 together.

I just need to activate the alarm from a scene so that i can add it to my Simple control app so the wife feels a bit safer  ::)

Offline racarter

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2017, 10:38:49 am »
In that case I'll have a look.  :)
Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline detailme

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2017, 10:43:51 am »
You sir are a Gent!

Offline racarter

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2017, 10:46:10 am »
Question:  Does the Vera partition go into alarm condition if you press panic?
Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline detailme

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2017, 12:20:16 pm »
Question:  Does the Vera partition go into alarm condition if you press panic?

Ive just checked and it doesnt seem to no

Offline racarter

« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2017, 06:21:32 pm »
Chris

Remind me of your email address (via PM) and I'll send you something to try.

Alan

Offline racarter

« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2017, 05:36:49 am »
To avoid delays when requesting my Texecom plugin please contact me via the webform at carter53.wordpress.com

Alan

Offline simonclark

« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2017, 03:11:32 am »
Hi Alan

Have you seen the redesign of the texecom firmware and apps coming.
http://www.texe.com/uk/technology/connect/

Looks intriguing and having the graphical representation of the life and events and tighter integration with video sounds good.
The quotation is whether moving to the new integration API will stop your method working with Vera?

Cheers

Offline racarter

« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2017, 04:10:30 am »
Hi Simon

I think it's highly unlikely that Texecom Connect would use the old Premier protocol - in fact I'd hope the new API would expose a lot more panel information.

Having said that, I'm sure that the existing plugin would not work with the new API without extensive mods or a complete rewrite - but if the new product comes in the form of an add-on box it might be possible to run both in parallel.

Offline simonclark

« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2017, 11:48:02 am »
So the next highly important question is, do you have plans to upgrade your panel  firmware to v4 when it comes out and therefore rewrite to use the API?
Although then I guess you lose functionality yourself unless texecom give you have a test panel!!
The API will be in the panel firmware itself, the additional hub will be for video and extras much further in the future.
This might limit us from upgrading to get the better app if it means losing integration.
Thanks

Offline racarter

« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2017, 03:37:29 pm »
My panel is a Premier (not Premier Elite) so not upgradeable.  I have no plans to change it.

Offline simonclark

« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2017, 04:00:13 pm »
Fair enough.. but thats a shame.  Wonder if anyone else who has an Elite is up for the challenge?

Although may be a way off before upgrading is even an issue and the choice is required!

Offline racarter

« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2017, 04:23:42 am »
Tell you what: I'll ask Texecom if they'll lend me a panel for development purposes.  The worst that can happen is they'll say no.  :)

Offline simonclark

« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2017, 04:28:59 am »
Haha, worth a try!  They are advertising their in development Control4 connectivity, and other smart home systems so they may do.  How else can they get things written against yet to be release software. 

Offline simonclark

« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2017, 05:22:23 am »
Still worth a try to see if you can get a test panel but taking to a texecom engineer he would be surprised if they removed it as not their usual behaviour but then v4 sounds like a lot more of an upgrade to usual for them.

On another note have set up an external electronic lock that is controlled from my panel, using custom PC outputs to control the panel 12v output. I was very happy to see that I can control that with your plugin. One question though, I have the PC outputs set to use pulse timers so turn off after say 30 seconds, but the Vera switch stays on. Is there a way to either set them to flip back to off after a set period or see the actual status on the panel?
The iOS app has the same issue and has a setting on the app to do this (ie it can't see the reported state go off after the pulse timer ends)