Author Topic: Vera Plus Replaced NoQA!  (Read 1753 times)

Offline thistle2015

Vera Plus Replaced NoQA!
« on: October 25, 2018, 04:49:00 am »
Hi All,
Just thought I'd mention the above and beyond assistance I've had from Vera Support.
My VeraPlus (bought in Jan 2016) totally bricked after a recent backup restoration. Luckily I had a VeraEdge that I backed up to (with a few tweeks from support)

Vera Support called me twice and spent an hour each time attempting to troubleshoot my VeraPlus, trying various configurations of reset button presses 6 times etc. They finally concluding my unit was defective and outside the warranty period. However, they did offer an option of a new VeraPlus at a lower price.

A couple of days later I received an email from Vera Support asking for my purchase details etc which I duly gave them including my receipt from January 2016!

Two days late I got an email saying a replacement VeraPlus was being dispatched at their expence!

My brand new replacement controller arrived a few days later!!!!!!

A rare example of exemplary customer support.

I tentatively dipped my toe into Home Automation and bought my first VeraLite way back in 2015 (which is still working). Since then, Vera have helped me along the way with device setups and bespoke scene creations. I have nothing but praise for the company, their staff; what they are trying to achieve and how they continually pull out the stops regardless of protocol.

I'll for one will continue to stick with Mios/Vera/Ezlo.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Re: Vera Plus Replaced NoQA!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 07:33:51 am »
We love to have you!

And we're happy that we've had the chance to help you, and show you that we stand behind Vera.  8)
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline bucko

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 11:40:59 am »
You sure as hell didn't stand behind my DOA in warranty VeraPlus!
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline legend99

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 01:34:16 pm »
That makes no sense to me? Did they give you a reason why?

You sure as hell didn't stand behind my DOA in warranty VeraPlus!

Offline bucko

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 10:45:49 pm »
In the end they said they would replace it for free. But I had to pay shipping of $99. That is not standing behind anything considering I paid $77 for it when they replaced my Vera 3 and they paid the shipping.
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls