We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Tasker like integration...  (Read 10125 times)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Tasker like integration...
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:15:12 pm »
I am in the process of adding the ability to allow the app to work with Tasker and other apps like NFC using what is called Intents via a uri.

What type of control would you like to have. For example you can run a scene with the following:

authomation://scene?id=12

I am thinking of adding devices as well.

authomation://device?cmd=on&id=12

This would turn a binary light on. I want to start with the basics as it can get complex quick.

You can use this to incorporate into an NFC tag.

- Garrett

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Re: Tasker like integration...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 12:47:56 pm »
Is it possible to use a more path-centric syntax vs queryString-centric?

eg. authomation://scene/12
eg. authomation://device/12/on

Then the parameters can be used solely for any parameters to the <named> Action... When they're not aliased to shortcut codes (like on/off).  Just a thought.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:15:25 pm »
guessed,

Looking at the documentation is it certainly possible. I would just have to go based off of an array and the proper location in that array. So I would just have to make sure that is a set path standard to go buy. So after device or scene, it would be id, command, command value if required (e.g. dimmable light to set the value authomation://device/12/dim/50). The other way, all I would have had to do was look up the parameter via a key/value type. The way you have suggested would limit the amount of input to enter and would also make say NFC tag storage use less storage.

I just made the changes in the code. I want to pick up some NFC tags to give this a try.

- Garrett

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 07:12:29 pm »
Cool.  I think this form will be simpler for people to understand for the common cases.  The more complex stuff could still be fully spelled out, or use parameters, but this one will keep it memorable.

Over time, you could add variants, for less commonly aliased ServiceIds, that take the full syntax.

eg. authomation://{scene|device|room}/{id|name}/{alias|serviceId/action}/{positionalParams}{?namedParams}

Of course, not a real lex, but hopefully it gives you the picture.

Btw, if it's possible, you might want to use authomation:/ instead of authomation://
The latter format usually implies a host name after the // ... Although my formal URL syntax conventions for custom protocols might be rusty.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 12:07:56 pm »
Unfortunately, the documentation states that you have to use the authomation:// format and it can not be anything else. This is based of the URI format. Another example would be file:// or content://, etc.

In the process of getting this all added, I am also making modifications to the code on how it identifies the devices. If you are running firmware 1.5.372 or newer, it will use a new api command that Aaron @ MCV added for me. This will be able to poll the device by device id and return the device type. So when you either first retrieve data, a new device is added, or you are upgrading from an older version of the app and the device type is empty for that device, it will retrieve this data. The reason I mention this, it requires me to rewrite some of the code in the app to use either the device type or the category number if no device type is available. So it is taking me longer to get the tasker, nfc, and 3rd party app integration implemented. In the end, this will allow me to better support plugins.

- Garrett

Offline Grain

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 02:31:58 pm »
I haven't had as much as I liked to play with my Vera lately but just wanted to say I'm a big fan of Tasker and knowing there will be a way to control my Vera with Tasker makes me really happy :-)

Sent from my SGSII CM9 with Tapatalk 2

Offline Aaron

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 02:33:27 pm »
would be great to see Llama integration... a free, and very good, tasker alternative.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 02:43:32 pm »
Aaron,

Can Llama issue URI commands? This is an api interface that any app can allow for other apps to use. I will have to check out the app. But if it allows you to input a uri into the task, than it will be compatible.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 03:41:31 pm »
Aaron,

I wanted to post an update. I downloaded the Llama app and it appears that it does support issuing a uri command (Android Intent). Let me figure out what it wants in the settings and I'll try some tests. By the way thanks for telling me about Llama, it looks like something I can use. I was going to buy Tasker (I use to be a beta tester of the app a long time ago).

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 01:29:36 am »
Aaron,

I wanted to post an update. I downloaded the Llama app and it appears that it does support issuing a uri command (Android Intent). Let me figure out what it wants in the settings and I'll try some tests. By the way thanks for telling me about Llama, it looks like something I can use. I was going to buy Tasker (I use to be a beta tester of the app a long time ago).

- Garrett

cool. Yeah, I used Tasker for a while in beta also. I like Llama a lot more... I think it is more intuitive and actually can 'automate' a lot more things, in more ways, than Tasker.

looking forward to the Llama integration!

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 01:32:59 am »
Not sure when this version will be released. I am making some decent changes in the back end to better support 3rd party plugins. Also making minor UI tweaks and adding little other features. I'll provide a beta in the near future.

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 06:42:16 pm »
any ETA on Llama support?  8)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 07:55:52 pm »
It will be in the next 2.1 release but I do not have a set date. It may be a while as I have been busy lately.

- Garrett

Offline Quixote

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 04:18:41 pm »
Can someone who has this working with Tasker please clue me in on how to use it? I've tried the syntax above in the first text field of a Tasker intent action, but I can't get anything to happen.
Thanks in advance!
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person. (I guess I'm "Chaotic Neutral").

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 08:52:23 pm »
Following this homebuddy video with Tasker integration is the same as my app. Just substitute the homebuddy syntax for authomation's syntax.

https://sites.google.com/site/rakstar/homebuddy/tips

- Garrett