We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Tasker like integration...  (Read 10126 times)

Offline RyanAHolland

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Tasker like integration...
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 01:07:14 pm »
Following this homebuddy video with Tasker integration is the same as my app. Just substitute the homebuddy syntax for authomation's syntax.

https://sites.google.com/site/rakstar/homebuddy/tips

- Garrett

Is this available in the most resent version on Google Play?

Thanks for working on this, this is something I really want to do in combination with NFC tags.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 12:59:06 am »
It is only available as an early build for testing. If you are feeling adventurous, you can find more info here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11517.0.html

- Garrett

Offline Dignan17

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 12:43:03 am »
Can someone who has this working with Tasker please clue me in on how to use it? I've tried the syntax above in the first text field of a Tasker intent action, but I can't get anything to happen.
Thanks in advance!
Following this homebuddy video with Tasker integration is the same as my app. Just substitute the homebuddy syntax for authomation's syntax.

https://sites.google.com/site/rakstar/homebuddy/tips
Okay, now I'm on topic ;)

I have now tried using Authomation's syntax in both Tasker AND Llama, and in neither application does anything happen at all, just like Quixote said. I followed the Homebuddy video as well as I could, but Tasker has changed slightly. Still, the same fields that were altered in the video are available, so those are the ones I edited. Every time I run a test of the task, it does nothing. In Llama, I also try running a test of the action, and nothing happens.

Would someone mind posting instructions for how to use this? I think it's odd that there's nothing here about it. Once I find where I packed my NFC tags, I'm going to use the instructions Garrett posted in the beta thread to get those set up, but until then I'd like to try to get one of these other apps working.

Thanks for any instructions you can provide...

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 01:09:29 am »
Have you seen these screen shots for Llama?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11517.msg84232.html#msg84232

The authomation syntax will be different in the pictures as I made changes over the course of the app updates. But it should give you an idea what needs to be placed into the fields.

- Garrett

Offline Dignan17

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 01:36:44 am »
Garrett,

Thanks for the response. I hadn't seen those images, but now I know that I was putting the right data into the right fields. I'm using the syntax from the first page of the beta thread. The only thing I can think of is that I have the wrong number for my Vera. All I know is that I must be doing something right, because when I run a test for the intent, I don't get an error...

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 01:57:43 am »
In the app click on the menu and select "Unit Info". At the top of the dialog should be the Unit Serial #. That is the number you need to use. Are you activating a scene or a device with the syntax? Are you positive that the Llama actions are correct? Have you tried just creating a very basic Llama action or Tasker action with the intent?

- Garrett

Offline Dignan17

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 09:28:43 am »
In the app click on the menu and select "Unit Info". At the top of the dialog should be the Unit Serial #. That is the number you need to use. Are you activating a scene or a device with the syntax? Are you positive that the Llama actions are correct? Have you tried just creating a very basic Llama action or Tasker action with the intent?
Okay, I had the right number for the unit #. I'm activating a device. I was using this format (changed my unit number):

authomation://device/31234567/6/on

I've been only trying the most basic actions in Tasker and Llama. In Llama, for example, I've been going into events and creating an event. Before I even add a condition, I'll add an action. I then choose "Android Intent." I put "android.intent.action.VIEW" in the action field and the above line in the data field and hit OK.

Then I tap "Test Actions" and nothing happens. :(

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 10:30:17 am »
What is your Intent send mode set to? Is it set to "Start Activity"? I just created a simple action in Llama and it is working fine for me. Are you sure you are using the correct device number?

- Garrett

Offline Dignan17

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 05:55:10 pm »
What is your Intent send mode set to? Is it set to "Start Activity"? I just created a simple action in Llama and it is working fine for me. Are you sure you are using the correct device number?
It is set to "Start Activity." I've quintuple-checked my Vera unit number and I'm pretty certain about the device number...

*edit*

Ok, I'm a dumb***. Being new to Vera, I was looking at the wrong number for my device number. I got the correct number and now it's totally working. Sorry again for being dumb :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:08:03 pm by Dignan17 »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »
Don't worry about it. It is a common mistake. I am glad it is now working. Let me know if you run into any issues. Now have fun coming up with ideas to use the intents!

- Garrett

Offline Dignan17

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 12:31:57 am »
Don't worry about it. It is a common mistake. I am glad it is now working. Let me know if you run into any issues. Now have fun coming up with ideas to use the intents!
I will! I already have a little trick up my sleeve that I'm going to post about soon (maybe tomorrow morning). It'll satisfy something that your users (including me) have been asking for, and might mean less work for you ;)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 01:12:14 am »
I love tricks. Looking forward to seeing what it is.

- Garrett

Offline Dignan17

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 01:35:34 am »
I love tricks. Looking forward to seeing what it is.
Heh, just a minor one. Hope you like it.

Offline sleedham

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 11:42:26 am »
Is this only available in the beta version still?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 11:56:23 am »
Yes, this is currently only available in the beta. Once the beta is deemed stable enough it will be released in the play store.

- Garrett