Author Topic: Combination Virtual switch plugin (UI5)  (Read 123349 times)

Offline snovvman

Re: Combination Virtual switch plugin (UI5)
« Reply #435 on: April 30, 2016, 11:41:22 am »
snovvman, see if you can identify which of the conditions has stopped being counted, by making three separate Combination Switches, each with only one of the conditions in it.

I'm on an earlier UI7* and I haven't experienced the kind of problem you describe, but maybe an incompatible change has been introduced in a later release of UI7.

* I probably won't be upgrading my Vera any more. If and when it breaks due to API fatigue I will evaluate the options available at the time. I consider the Combination Switch plugin to be on life support: it will only get fixes that are small and easy to make. Any big shift in the underlying platform could kill it.

Thank you. [Applauded]  I will provide more info tomorrow when I'm home.  As far as I can tell, the only variable is the motion sensor.  Combo Switch properly reports 2 out of 3 (night and virtual switch on) and 1 of 3 (day and virtual switch on).  I need to observe if 3/3 appears when motion is deteced.  For testing, I changed the scene to turn on when Combo Switch is poked, then "poked", but the scene did not run.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:50:22 am by snovvman »

Offline snovvman

« Reply #436 on: April 30, 2016, 11:42:41 am »
BTW, is this the end of the road for you with Vera?  If yes, where are you headed?

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2016, 05:19:43 am »
BTW, is this the end of the road for you with Vera?  If yes, where are you headed?
I haven't decided yet. I'm just going to weigh Vera on the same scale as I weigh the alternatives, without worrying about sunk costs.

Offline 8trek

« Reply #438 on: June 14, 2016, 04:49:17 pm »
I have a combination switch set to be on when a motion detector is armed.  I have a scene which always pokes this combo switch when a door is opened.  Another scene which is triggered when combo switch is poked and is on which in turn is supposed to turn on several lights.  Initially it seemed to work but now have about a 50% failure rate in which the lights do not turn on when conditions are true.  Any ideas?

btw... new to this forum... what's up with this verification process to send replies?  never seen something this painful just to prove you're human.  Have to use google just to get some of these answers.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #439 on: June 14, 2016, 07:19:02 pm »
I have a combination switch set to be on when a motion detector is armed.  I have a scene which always pokes this combo switch when a door is opened.  Another scene which is triggered when combo switch is poked and is on which in turn is supposed to turn on several lights.  Initially it seemed to work but now have about a 50% failure rate in which the lights do not turn on when conditions are true.  Any ideas?

Your logic seems correct, so there's either a problem with the inputs, or a bug in the plugin, or a problem with the triggered (output) scene.  The only way to be sure is to capture a Luup log while you arm the motion detector and open the door. The log should have enough information to distinguish the possible failure modes.

Offline 8trek

« Reply #440 on: June 14, 2016, 09:48:35 pm »
I have "store logs on usb device" checked with a flash drive plugged into the vera plus.  Although I've never attempted to look at the flash drive to see what is stored on it.  All log checkboxes are selected actually.... but i'm guessing you are referring to some code i need to include in order to achieve what you're saying?  Please elaborate &/or better yet provide code to do this?  :-)

again btw.... what the h*ll is up with this verification bs?  These idiotic messed up images of what appear to be letters.... really?  We're supposed to decipher this just to post a question?  I'm on attempt number 4 as i type this.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #441 on: June 14, 2016, 11:46:32 pm »

Offline svanni

« Reply #442 on: August 07, 2016, 04:30:32 pm »
Any chance you can add a date/time window to the list of critieria options ?
ie: if MWF or if between May 1 and May 15 ???

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Steve

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #443 on: August 07, 2016, 10:39:51 pm »
Any chance you can add a date/time window to the list of critieria options ?

It's been asked for before, but the architecture of the plugin makes it not possible. Read back in this topic for the discussions.

Offline slajgaj

« Reply #444 on: September 06, 2016, 12:00:14 pm »
Futze!

I have 3 motion detectors and the combination switch is show the 3/1 or 3/2
But the scene not running (trigger is Combination status)
I showed in the combination switch 'Advanced" and the status is 0 !

Offline dpaik

« Reply #445 on: January 17, 2017, 04:14:29 pm »
Is anyone else having issues with 1.7.2406 firmware.  Although previously programmed Combination Switches still function the programing UI is missing. "Failed to get plugins" error on the configure tab.

Update:  Nevermind...I rediscovered that the Combination Switch Plugin must be programmed locally and not from a remote location.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:02:29 pm by dpaik »

Offline Gr8hifi

« Reply #446 on: February 04, 2017, 04:14:33 pm »
I really like this plugin a lot but I'm having trouble with it.  my goal is for a motion detector (Aeon 6-1) to fire a lamp when it senses motion AND when the ambient light in the area is low.  I've tried several settings starting with 1-15.  i'm now down to "1 to 2" and it still thinks it's dark enough in the room to light the lamp.  Am I missing something?  I have set to where "Light Sensor Level" on "6 in 1 Multisensor (light) #82" is in range "1" to "2".

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Again, wonderful plugin.

Offline iHomeCtrl

« Reply #447 on: March 27, 2017, 10:45:30 am »
Has anyone had issues with using the Combination switch and doing configuration remotely?  I am getting a pluhin not found error when I try to configure the virtual combination switch.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #448 on: March 27, 2017, 11:10:48 am »
Never have a problem... Been using for many years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #449 on: March 27, 2017, 04:50:06 pm »
Has anyone had issues with using the Combination switch and doing configuration remotely?  I am getting a pluhin not found error when I try to configure the virtual combination switch.

Configuration only ever worked locally (or through a VPN which is equivalent to being local).

One of many previous discussions about this: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=30155.msg233146#msg233146