Author Topic: Combination Virtual switch plugin (UI5)  (Read 148966 times)

Offline JustDabbling

Re: Combination Virtual switch plugin (UI5)
« Reply #450 on: November 25, 2018, 12:30:50 pm »
Hi Fuzle.
Old thread but just wanted to reach out if anyone still listening: what is actually required to be logged in locally? (I have the missing configuration options issue) I am logged in using local Nat'ed IP 192.168.x.x. But still I do not get the option to configure.
A previous poster mentioned tech support had fixed his local access. How? What was done? Ive tried multiple browsers, multiple platforms, all have same issue. Is it a networking issue at my LAN, is it my laptop/phone having too high security levels or what can be the cause?
BR,
/Lars

Offline ckbsmartM

« Reply #451 on: February 02, 2019, 03:59:44 am »
Has anyone found a solution to get the combination switch configuration page working? I am on the same LAN and I have tried 2 pc and 4 browsers on each. Nothing. Thank you.

Offline blacey

« Reply #452 on: February 02, 2019, 10:01:59 pm »
Has anyone found a solution to get the combination switch configuration page working? I am on the same LAN and I have tried 2 pc and 4 browsers on each. Nothing. Thank you.

You might be better off trying the Reactor plugin because Futzle, the author of Combination Switch, is no longer active in the Vera forums but Reactor provides commensurate capability and more.
Three Vera-3 (Home, Seasonal 1 & 2) - Firmware: 1.5.622,   Zwave: 3.20 L:1
One Vera-Edge (Dependent) - Firmware: 1.7.1707, Zwave: 4.5 L:1

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #453 on: February 06, 2019, 05:30:31 am »
You might be better off trying the Reactor plugin because Futzle, the author of Combination Switch, is no longer active in the Vera forums but Reactor provides commensurate capability and more.

Please do use Reactor (or PLEG), everyone.  My Vera unit is now in a box and I'm not developing Vera plugins any more because it would be impossible for me to test them.

All the source code for this plugin (and my others) will remain on Github for the foreseeable future, and I welcome forks if anyone wants to adopt any of them.

Offline Jim McGhee

« Reply #454 on: February 07, 2019, 11:40:49 am »
Please do use Reactor (or PLEG), everyone.  My Vera unit is now in a box and I'm not developing Vera plugins any more because it would be impossible for me to test them.

All the source code for this plugin (and my others) will remain on Github for the foreseeable future, and I welcome forks if anyone wants to adopt any of them.

But...
What if I really REALLY LIKE your CombinationSwitch (and everything else you've written here)??  :)
I don't claim to under stand this but when I was having some problems with CS I update it through the Vera Apps page.  After this, all my CS icons went away!!
I discovered my D_CombinationSwitch1.json that I got from the update was pointing to icons\/Binary_Light.png which does NOT exist anywhere on my VeraPlus.
I looked at the version on Git and its version of D_CombinationSwitch1.json refers to binary_light_default.png which DOES exist.
After loading the Git version the icons came back.
I'm confused as to why the Git version does not match Vera's version.
Isn't it supposed to?

Offline HansW

« Reply #455 on: February 07, 2019, 05:10:49 pm »
Hello Futzle,

The main reason I use Vera is your Caddx plugin and although I love the openness of Vera I hate that fact that after 10 years of using always the newest unit, rebuilding from scratch every tedious time, it has never become stable in all these years and still hangs every now and then.

So my question is, what unit have you moved to and does it integrate with the Caddx alarm system?

Regards and thanks again for your great Caddx and CS plugins, hansW

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #456 on: February 07, 2019, 11:16:23 pm »
I'm confused as to why the Git version does not match Vera's version.
Isn't it supposed to?

TBQH I don't remember if I gave up updating the Vera apps.mios.com release.  apps.mios.com is awful to update and has to be done through the point-and-click web UI, so it can't be scripted into a deployment process.  So it's totally possible that the Github files are tracking a bit ahead of the apps.mios.com files.

So my question is, what unit have you moved to and does it integrate with the Caddx alarm system?

I've migrated to ... less automation.  (Really.  I've changed jobs, and the hours are much more flexible, including working-from-home arrangements, so I don't need the home to run as autonomously as it did.)  The size of the Vera-shaped hole in my day-to-day life is just too small to bother filling with anything else.  That doesn't mean I've abandoned tinkering: I'm playing with a more federated approach to the parts that need to talk to each other, rather than a centralized server like Vera or its rivals.  I'm letting my Philips hue hub take care of its own light scenes.  The cameras record to a NAS independently of home control.  I'm teaching myself a new programming language and network message framework to make a daemon which listens to Caddx alarm panel events and publishes them to whatever other devices in my household need to know.  I'll stick that code on my Github page when I'm happy with it.

Offline HansW

« Reply #457 on: February 08, 2019, 11:42:10 am »
I'm teaching myself a new programming language and network message framework to make a daemon which listens to Caddx alarm panel events and publishes them to whatever other devices in my household need to know.  I'll stick that code on my Github page when I'm happy with it.

Well, I like your approach and will certainly give your code a try when you publish it! Thanks in advance. I have been looking at NodeRed myself and like

In my setup I used the Skaro Automation Bridge to connect to Siri and Google. Apple and Google support a growing number of devices very stable so although I love the openness of Vera, I find it's role getting less and less a good thing. Not due to its horrible scene programming system, although improved over the years, but due to its rebooting daily and about once a month either hanging or not connecting to Caddx. 

Thanks again for your plugins!!

Offline Catman

« Reply #458 on: February 08, 2019, 03:51:52 pm »
NAND data corruption may be a possibility from what I've been reading. Do you have a backup from before the issues?

C

Offline ckbsmartM

« Reply #459 on: February 18, 2019, 03:49:25 pm »
i think there is something related to how the Ajax.Request("../port_3480/data_request" ... is written. given that the table of options is not shown....