We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Foscam IP Camera Plugin  (Read 279045 times)

Offline Chris H.

Re: Foscam IP Camera Plugin
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2013, 05:43:14 am »
I added 2 9821w camera's to my system last night and tried to add the to Vera with no luck. I noticed the Foscam Plugin is now the "Vistacam PT&HD IP Cameras" Plugin.

I uninstalled my old plugin and also uninstalled all my cameras and manually added them based on this thread. My 8910w's setup fine and the corresponding motion sensors but I am unable to get the Motion Sensors to install for the new 9821w's. One of the camera's sits at "Configuring" on the dashboard with the blue circle when I change "Configured" from "0" to "2" but the second camera doesn't even have the Variable "Configured". Anyone have any idea's on what's going on and how to fix it?
Vera Lite (1), Trane Thermostat (1), Yale Deadbolt (1), Foscam FI9821w (4), GE 45602 (1), GE 45603 (2), Intermatic CA600(11)/CA3000(6)/CA5100(4)/CA3500(3), Aeon Labs MicroSmartSwitch (1), Aeon Door/Window Sensors (3), EnvisaLink 3 on DSC 1616 (1), OpenSprinklerPi

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2013, 02:06:27 pm »
got myself a Foscam FI9818W today and trying to get it work but it seems failing and indeed the plugin is now Vistacam and should support HD ?
snapshot url      :  /cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture&usr=user&pwd=pass
Directstream url : /cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=user&pwd=pass   < seems to give a internal server error 500 .. ehh > see edit3:

here is a page with many settings for foscam: http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=foscam

there seems to be something wrong with the parsing of username and pass or the image that is 1280x720 . i donno yet. have no time to figure it out. any ideas ?

edit: FI9821W seems to use same commands as 9818W. 

edit2: i tried adding it as a generic ip-cam and put the http://ip-adres:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture&usr=user&pwd=pass in the box leaving the user and pass box empty. not work
have put : http://ip-adres:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=user&pwd=pass > not working  > must be snapPicture2 for direct jpeg picture reply from ipcam
cant change portnumber as i have multiple cams around the house.

edit3: to get the video working in vera with a foscam 9818/9821 :
first set ipcam in foscam webinterface to AVI on stream 1 (this is standard setting if im not confused)
then set ipcam to mjpeg on substream in a new browsertab : http://ip-address:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?usr=admin&pwd=&cmd=setSubStreamFormat&format=1    (use admin account or it will fail)
then set in device tab advanced on vera :  Directstreaming url : /cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=controluser&pwd=password (or use admin account)

edit4: sdk shizzle http://foscam.us/forum/download/file.php?id=606

edit5: got it working :)
========================================================================================================================================
settings :

In UI5 goto Apps> Install Apps and find "VistaCam PT&HD IP Cameras" and "VistaCam SD Motion Sensor Plugin" plugins and install these to your vera.
reboot the Vera after installation of these plugins.
Now go to IP-cam settings page and set the camera to port 80 and streamingport 880
after the IP-cam rebooted and is up n running > power-cycle the IP-cam (just pull plug, wait 15 secs and put plug back) it should automaticly add your IP-cam in vera
first open in new tab in browser and enter this:
http://ip-adres:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?usr=admin&pwd=&cmd=setSubStreamFormat&format=1    (ip-adres is the ip of the ip-cam:port of ipcam. use admin account or it will fail)   
open webinterface foscam and login with admin and set video > snapshotsettings to low and save
open webinterface foscam and set  PTZ preset settings :
cruise tracks add :  custom 
add preset: Center    >  on right side : Center and Topmost
goto PTZ startup options and set startup option to:  Go To Preset position  > Preset selection : Center
in order to use the presets they have to be in order. 1 to 8 are used in the vera UI , so the preset you like to use need to be in same order 1 till 8.
upload attached "I_Foscam98HD.xml" to vera in UI goto Apps > Develop Apps > Luup Files
open in vera the ip-cam settings tab and fill in user&pass and save settings right top  (it need admin for the motiondetect to work, alas this is not functioning yet)
goto advanced tab and see if it looks like this :

Device params

name                        Foscam FI9818W
 device_type              urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:2
 altid
 ip                             192.168.1.180:80                             <  <IP:port> of your cam, put internet-adress of router and port-forward if u want to see it from internet (put it on port 81>internal 80)
 mac                          <MAC adress of your IP-Cam>         <  put here mac adress if not filled in, so you can store pics and video on MCV servers
 manufacturer            Foscam
 model                       FI9818W
 room_num     
 id_parent
 embedded                 <unticked>
 disabled                    <unticked>
 restricted                   <unticked>
 device_file                 D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml
 id                               60                                              < is made automaticly by vera
 time_created             (some time added by vera)
 category_num           6
 subcategory_num     0
 onDashboard            1
 username                  controluser
 password                  pass
 room                         1
 impl_file                     I_Foscam98HD.xml
 local_udn                   (some uuid:number added by vera)

Variables

Configured                 0
 LastUpdate                0
 Timeout                      5
 DirectStreamingURL    < these are auto-added by I_foscam98HD.xml file
 PreRollBuffer               0
 CommFailure               0
 URL                             < these are auto-added by I_foscam98HD.xml file
 StepSize                     1
 ReversePan                0
 ReverseTilt                  0
 Commands                 < these are auto-added by I_foscam98HD.xml file
 State                          0
 ReverseControls         0

=========================================================================================================================================

if you want to have more IP-cams then you would set port 81 on router to ip-cam_ip:80, port 82 for next cam to ipcam_ip port 80 , port 83 to ip-cam_ip port 80, 84 to ip-cam_ip:80 etc..
its not neccesary to put port 80 in vera settings tab or browser as this is default port that is used.

edit6:darn this formatting stuff is annoying as hell :-s
 edit7: few corrections. it seems devicesettings need also username and pass for PTZ and preset to work. Big Thanks to Jukka !
 edit8: fixed I_foscam98HD.xml  , added videourl and login for picture/video parameter. see attached file. if its correct you only need to fill in user/pass now and the url get
 automaticly written in URL and DirectstreamingURL parameter in device advanced settings.
 edit9: added snapshot to commands in xml file
 edit10: changed configsettings and added some more info
 edit 11: fixed zoom option and typo
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:41:37 am by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline lepverde

« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2013, 05:11:55 pm »
Hi, I installed Foscam 8918W manually on Vera3. Camera works well but motion sensor stays red and generate notification every minute as while sense motion (via Vera Alerts). Ontime value set as default (1200).

Assumed ontime parameter does not work properly. How do I make ontime parameter work ? I just want to get notification once every 20+ minutes...

any suggestion?

Hi Ayasa,

Did you ever find a solution where the camera motion sensor is tripped but still sending notifications every minute although the OnTime parameter is set to 1200 sec (20mins)?

I'm having the same issue with my Foscam FI8918W (11.22.2.47) and VeraLite running firmware (1.5.622) and VistaCam plugin v3.0.

Thanks,
Lepverde

Offline skinnez

« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2013, 08:22:42 am »
Hi all,

I've just added a 9821w manually to test if it works before buying one. I used the I_Foscam98HD.xml tweaked file supplied earlier in this post. Unfortunately I couldnt get the pan/tilt to work so I then installed the VistaCam PT&HD IP Cameras PLUGIN hoping it would help (it didn't). I then tried to remove it from the UI5 web interface but it says invalid plugin... 
device_type  -  urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:2
device file  -     D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml
impl file   -       I_Foscam98HD.xml
Can anyone assist with an ssh manual removal of the device (if that will work)? file locations etc?? Or any other suggestions?
Cheers
J

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2013, 08:27:45 am »
To delete the device:

http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=number

Replace ip_address and number to suit

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2013, 08:38:04 am »
Hi Chris --

That was my experience also. The motion sensor does not install for the FI9821s. I have tried various alternatives with no luck.

Don

I added 2 9821w camera's to my system last night and tried to add the to Vera with no luck. I noticed the Foscam Plugin is now the "Vistacam PT&HD IP Cameras" Plugin.

I uninstalled my old plugin and also uninstalled all my cameras and manually added them based on this thread. My 8910w's setup fine and the corresponding motion sensors but I am unable to get the Motion Sensors to install for the new 9821w's. One of the camera's sits at "Configuring" on the dashboard with the blue circle when I change "Configured" from "0" to "2" but the second camera doesn't even have the Variable "Configured". Anyone have any idea's on what's going on and how to fix it?
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline skinnez

« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2013, 09:26:00 am »
Thanks Brientim, perfect  :)

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2013, 10:03:53 am »
Hello !

I can see in apps.mios a newest version (2013-05-20 05:35:49) for vistacam plugin.

it is for foscam too. Plugin for the VistaCam PT, VistaCam HD and Foscam (non-HD + HD) cameras

I have installed my 4th foscam camera but the motion sensor and presets do not works and I can not record pictures as well.

is this plugin a best option to do the things works ?

or foscam plugin will be updated to correct this problems ?

thanks...
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline twostep

« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2013, 01:32:01 pm »
Vera3 : current firmware.   F19821W with latest firmware.

I think I have followed the advice here but cannot even get the snapshot working for my F19821.

I can use the url http://192.168.0.100:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture&usr=admin&pwd=xxx from a browser to get the snapshot and url http://192.168.0.100:88/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=admin&pwd=xxx to get the stream.

In my Vera device I have : Device Type : urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:1

IP                   : 192.168.0.100:88
                                  Device File      : D_DigitalSecurityCamera1.xml
                                  Impl file          : I_Foscam98HD.xml
                                  Direct Stream : /cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=admin&pwd=xxx
                                  Url                  : /cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture&usr=admin&pwd=xxx
                                  User               :
                                 Password        :

I have pretty much tried all the variations of the user / password / direct stream / url values.
The camera has been set to low resolution for the snapshot.

Any ideas?

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2013, 03:36:17 pm »

my informations are:
                                  IP                   : 192.168.0.100 ( my do not have the port)
                                  Device File      : D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml
                                  Impl file          : I_Foscam98HD.xml
                                  Direct Stream : /videostream.cgi
                                  Url                  : /snapshot.cgi
                                  User               : admin
                                 Password        : blank

important: if you do not put MAC do not works !!!!

Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline skinnez

« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2013, 03:59:28 pm »
Did you manage to get the pan / tilt to work?? Or the motion sensor - I am thinking of buying a 9821 but would rather get the 8910e with power over Ethernet and have more functionality??
Cheers
J

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2013, 04:29:14 pm »
Pan , tilt e motion sensor works perfectly !
I am using wifi mode in mine.

Offline twostep

« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2013, 06:04:57 pm »
Are you sure you have a F19821 as snapshot.cgi doesn't work with the F19821 when used from a browser?

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2013, 06:22:16 pm »
did you try the impl_file: I_FoscamPTZ.xml

?

Offline twostep

« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2013, 06:51:48 am »
I have just tried FoscamPTZ implementation file but no difference. I have had a look at the implementation file and it doesn't appear to implement the actions for getting the stream and still image so changing the I_ file probably has no effect until the camera is accessible. It would be interesting to see the image capture actions but I have no idea where I can find them.