Author Topic: Yale touch screen locks  (Read 1959 times)

Offline krementz

• Sr. Newbie
Yale touch screen locks
« on: November 01, 2018, 09:33:12 pm »
Did something happen with Yale Locks? I have two Yale touchscreen locks, been in use for about 2 years, running on Vera Edge.

The lever lock started getting flakey yesterday, responding very erratically to commands, and not responding to settings updates at all. I had to change the auto-lock feature temporarily, which I do not do very often.

After an hour of futzing, I replaced the batteries (they weren't low), rebooted the Vera Edge, and still lots of problems. Tried unpaired and deleted several times, no joy. Reset lock to factory settings. Would not re-pair.

The other lock is responding weird, took over five minutes to unlock.

Did Vera screw up with a firmware update and break my locks? It looks like 1.7.4 got installed over the summer while I was away, and now is the first time I've had to change the settings.

Both locks acting screwy makes me think it is a Vera issue, not a Yale issue. Talked with Yale tech support twice, they point the finger at Vera.

Help, these are important for our business and tenants.

Offline rafale77

Re: Yale touch screen locks
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 11:25:18 pm »
Could you try downgrading FW? I know for fact that the latest firmware broke many secure class devices.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline Quixote

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 02:08:44 am »
I have a Yale lock. Let me know if there is anything I can test over here.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person. (I guess I'm "Chaotic Neutral").

Offline Ionut A

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 07:17:28 am »
Hello krementz,

We have contacted you over the email, when you have time, please reply us so we can analyze the issue.

Thank you!

Offline krementz

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 03:14:19 pm »
Thank you IonutA for reaching out. I have spent about 2 hours on the phone with CS. They still have not figured out what the problem is.

I think the problem may be some unknown problem in the lock's z-wave circuit board. Still no solution.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 03:25:36 pm »
I remember going theough exactly the same thing. Eventually fixed it by putting in very new and full batteries and hangingbut this was a while ago before this very last firmware update which was unrecoverable. You might want to try the battery replacement but first downgrade.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!