We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Evolve LRM-15 (LRM-AS) dimmer  (Read 3593 times)

Offline frichter09

Evolve LRM-15 (LRM-AS) dimmer
« on: April 17, 2012, 10:39:52 pm »
Hi all....

I am thinking about ordering the above mentioned Evolve dimmer.
I have been unable to find any information if this dimmer is capable of forwarding instant updates to vera.

Does anybody use this dimmer and can help me out?

Thanks,
Flo
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline jpitts

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Evolve LRM-15 (LRM-AS) dimmer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 11:10:16 am »
I have about 20 of these, they don't support instant updates. The only one of there products that supports instant updates are the scene controllers.
You can kind of get events to fire by updating your polling.
What are you looking to do with the instant updates ?

Offline frichter09

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 11:38:14 am »
Hi Jpitts,

definitely thanks for your answer!
Maybe I am misunderstanding what instant updates are but lets say I change the dimming on the dimmer manually, I would like that to be reflected in vera immediately. But that will not work then, which is a bummer. Vera will get the info once the device gets polled. Is that correct?

Are you happy with these switches? Have you had any problems so far?  I just ordered two to see if I can dim low voltage CFL and LEDs with them. I was looking for a dimmer that requires the neutral since this seems to be better for low voltage lights.

Flo
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline MTB

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 06:52:29 pm »
Hello all, I am new to Home Automation and just ordered a new Vera 3 with the DSC 1832 security system (replacing my Napco Mag Alert 1000 series.  I also ordered the Wifi to RS232 adapter (765-RN-134) and the IT-100 - DSC Power Series Integration Module.  So now I am researching the lighting options and really need mostly almond colored devices.  I found this Evolve LRM-AS device and it says white in one place and almond in another.

Couple of questions!!
1) Which manufacturers products work the best with Vera 3?
2) What is the update time for the LRM-AS?
3) Is it almond or white?
4) Is there a device that is less expensive than the Leviton and that works as well - quick updates, no connection problems, almond in color?
5) It seems like most everyone that buys the lighting devices also buy the remote controller or other controller.  Is there an advantage to having these devices over the Vera 3 or do you have to have one of these manufacturer's controllers to program the lighting devices.
6) Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

I want to end up with most all of my home automated - security, pool spa, lighting, garage doors, locks, cameras, landscape lighting, etc
I have a 2 story 4000 sq ft home with a wired and wireless wifi network.

Thanks you for your help!

Offline Timon

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 04:12:34 pm »
Hello all, I am new to Home Automation and just ordered a new Vera 3 with the DSC 1832 security system (replacing my Napco Mag Alert 1000 series.  I also ordered the Wifi to RS232 adapter (765-RN-134) and the IT-100 - DSC Power Series Integration Module.  So now I am researching the lighting options and really need mostly almond colored devices.  I found this Evolve LRM-AS device and it says white in one place and almond in another.

Couple of questions!!
1) Which manufacturers products work the best with Vera 3?
2) What is the update time for the LRM-AS?
When everything is working it's very fast, at least most of the time.
3) Is it almond or white?
They do both and my last batch of LTM-5's had both. They look to be changing the product line so all of the newer switches have clear air-gap switches and work with both. In fact the LRM-AS I got in almond came with a white switch attached and a almont switch and cover plate. BTW, the almond is lite almond so they are listing it wrong. All of my almond cover plates are Cooper screwless plates and you can tell the dimmers don't match so I have many plates to replace. Would have had to do it anyway but I would have liked to have known about this up front. I plan to tell Evolve that they really MUST change the documentation to say it's lite almond or they could be taken to court for false advertising.
4) Is there a device that is less expensive than the Leviton and that works as well - quick updates, no connection problems, almond in color?
I'll let others respond to this one.
5) It seems like most everyone that buys the lighting devices also buy the remote controller or other controller.  Is there an advantage to having these devices over the Vera 3 or do you have to have one of these manufacturer's controllers to program the lighting devices.
6) Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

I want to end up with most all of my home automated - security, pool spa, lighting, garage doors, locks, cameras, landscape lighting, etc
I have a 2 story 4000 sq ft home with a wired and wireless wifi network.

Thanks you for your help!