Author Topic: Firmware Upgrade Bricks VeraPlus  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Chimpware

Firmware Upgrade Bricks VeraPlus
« on: November 04, 2018, 07:53:02 pm »
Well last straw with MicasaVerde....  Most recent firmware upgrade bricked my home control system.  I have had enough now with Micasaverde.  I now know this is a known issue that they are aware of and want me to allow them to SSH in to my home network to connect to the unit to fix it?  Are they nuts?

Anyone have any decent suggestions for alternatives?

Offline rafale77

Re: Firmware Upgrade Bricks VeraPlus
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 09:34:27 pm »
I was right where you are and ended up doing this:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,83627.105.html

Otherwise HomeSeer, hubitat and Home assistant are the three alternatives I would be looking at.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 09:51:06 pm »
I've learnt with Vera not to upgrade when you get the system running, this board is littered with similar threads of frustration and dispare.
Get onto CS and get them to downgrade to your previous version and avoid the temptation to "tweak" with newer FW.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 11:32:20 pm »
One suggestion if you have a backup of your configuration is to do a factory reset by pressing the reset hole for about 30s and releasing it. It should wipe out its user drive and load the default firmware from which you can run the upgrade again and then recover from your backup.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline bucko

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 08:55:00 pm »
I was right where you are and ended up doing this:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,83627.105.html

Otherwise HomeSeer, hubitat and Home assistant are the three alternatives I would be looking at.
I bailed out of Vera and now happily use a Hubitat.
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls