Author Topic: Foscam FI8910W Camera Install  (Read 3401 times)

gestep

• Sr. Newbie
Foscam FI8910W Camera Install
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:33:50 pm »
I am having a problem installing my 2 Foscam FI8910W cameras. I can access them AND control them through their web interface and the Foscam iPhone APP. However, when I view them through my Vera 2 unit using UI4 and firmware 1.1.1362, the pan/tilt/zoom controls do not work. When I select one of those controls, I get a Command Failed, No Implementation.

From looking over the website, it would seem that I need the I_FoscamPTZ.xml file from the MiOS Marketplace. The only one that I see there is a generic file (which is the one that I am using) and one for the Panasonic PTZ camera. Shouldn't I be able to see it? I have tried with both IE9 and Chrome.

Can someone list the instructions (or point me to the correct place in the Wiki) where I can get my cameras to work?  :)

Thanks.

Gene

agoodman82

Re: Foscam FI8910W Camera Install
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 10:33:33 am »
Gene,

I am on UI5 with a VeraLite so I'm not sure if anything with the Foscam camera install would be different, but here's what worked for me. After successfully setting up the camera to run wirelessly (which for me was the complicated part), I downloaded the Foscam camera plugin from the MiOS marketplace. Then in the dashboard, I went to my camera, then setup > advanced and under the "impl_file" line, you need to enter "I_FoscamPTZ.xml" in order to point the camera to the functionality of the Foscam camera plugin. Pan & Tilt/Patrol should now work. However, I don't think this camera supports zoom functions, which I was surprised to learn. If I'm wrong someone can correct me but from what I've seen, you can't zoom in/zoom out with the Foscam FI8910W.

Hope any of this helps you.

gestep

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 07:15:56 pm »
Well, it looks like I got it to work (Thanks agoodman82!)

(Hope I can remember the steps that I took - this is pretty much what I did). I still didn't see the Foscam file in the MiOS Marketplace. I did find it in the MiOS Developers. I took the file from there. I still see the Generic IP Camera in my Vera, but I then opened the camera and placed the I_FoscamPTZ.xml in the impl_file field, saved it and I can now pan and tilt. Realizing that I really don't have a zoom function, it seems that when I select either Zoom In or Zoom Out, it starts a patrol function.

Anyway, am I missing out on anything by using the Generic IP Camera device? Is it good enough that I am using the FoscamPTZ value in impl_file? (Since I don't know what to expect since this is my first camera install, I don't know what I may be missing.)

Hopefully I remembered what I did correctly so that what I have written is accurate.

Thanks for any and all help!

Gene

granitepeaker

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 07:41:39 am »
I got my Foscam 8910 working via the I_FoscamPTZ.xml method.
I just downloaded the Vera Mobile app for android yesterday. Under cameras it shows the camera and it is streaming. When I click the smaller thumbnail feed to make it full size it will go full size, but gives the following error message for a few seconds before disappearing.
"Incorrect camera configuration for video streaming, running in emulation mode"
Is there anyway to get rid of this message? Also does the Vera Mobile app support PTZ?  I can get the foscam 8910 to PTZ within the micasaverde portal, but not on this app because I don't even see the option how to.

beachboync

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 05:24:59 am »
GraniteSpeaker, I am also getting the "running in emulation mode" message.

Can someone here at least shed some light on what the message means?

Thanks, Bob
Bob (beachboync)

oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 05:47:39 am »
Possibly that the app reverts to getting snapshots (rapidly)?

beachboync

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 06:20:46 am »
Possibly that the app reverts to getting snapshots (rapidly)?

Yeah, I would agree that that seems to be the case. Just need to find out why...
Bob (beachboync)