Author Topic: Homewave project dead?  (Read 398 times)

Offline TinCup

Homewave project dead?
« on: September 20, 2018, 10:07:26 am »
Doesn't appear to have been any updates in over 7 months.  Just curious if the project has run its course?
Vera 3 UI5 | Homewave | Amazon Echo | BWS HA Bridge | PLEG/PLTS | OpenSprinkler | AD2USB | GE/Jasco | Schlage BE469 | Kwikset 912 | ecobee3 | SONOS + TTS | Aeotec 4-in-1 | EcoLink | Everspring ST812 | Remotec ZFM-80 | Evolve LRM-AS/LFM-20 | Hikvision DS-2CD2332 Turret | Dahua IPC-HFW4300S Bullet

Offline intveltr

Re: Homewave project dead?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:15:19 pm »
There's a few things I need to get around to fixing, but other than that I feel the app is more or less where I want it to be.  Of course there's always more functions that could be added...
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 08:37:13 pm »
I have used VeraMate for many years on 2 iPhones.  Sad the developer has abandoned it. If Homewave has a free version to try out, I may make the move from VeraMate. Thus far, VeraMate does over 90% of what I need it to do but the AltHue support is weak.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline Dude22573

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 05:11:17 pm »
I have used VeraMate for many years on 2 iPhones.  Sad the developer has abandoned it. If Homewave has a free version to try out, I may make the move from VeraMate. Thus far, VeraMate does over 90% of what I need it to do but the AltHue support is weak.

I second this! I am also looking for a replacement to VM. I wish there was a free version of the Homewave app to try out.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 06:02:14 am »
That has been asked before!  I will look into how easy it is to put out a free trial version. 
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 08:02:51 pm »
That has been asked before!  I will look into how easy it is to put out a free trial version.

And if the software is as good as VeraMate, you can raise the price to $5.99. That is what VeraMate charged for the Premium and I purchased it for 2 iPhones.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa