Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 99853 times)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2015, 12:11:35 am »
Well,  I was actually asking if YOU leave Vera what happens with Homewave?

That's a silly question.

The app continues to work, but stops getting updated, unless he allows someone to take over.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:07 am »
Heh. At the moment, Vera works reasonably well for me, and I am rather conservative in that I won't jump ship every time a newcomer hits the market. So I'm unlikely to move in the near future. If I do move I'd probably support both platforms; continued Vera support would not take that much effort and the revenue justifies it.

As for letting someone take over: if I abandon HomeWave completely, I'd be happy to dump the code on GitHub, but I pity anyone who takes over that code :)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Silverow

« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2015, 12:51:00 am »
Hello. I need fibaro smoke sensor support. Now homewave detected  it only as measurement sensor, not as sensor indicator.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2015, 07:44:34 am »
Activate the smoke detector (use the test button if it has one) so that it shows as activated in the Vera UI, then try HomeWave again.  It should show up in the list of binary sensors.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Silverow

« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2015, 01:16:28 am »
Fibaro don't have test fire mode.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2015, 11:33:17 am »
Fibaro don't have test fire mode.

What model do you have?

http://www.fibaro.com/sca/system-fibaro/smoke-sensor-en

This says hold the center button (probley the only button) to test.

Offline Silverow

« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2015, 04:26:26 pm »
Yes, this one. It have only z-wave connection test, not activate

Offline bucko

« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2015, 02:19:47 am »
Just wondering if you have plans to support the RGBW controller plug in so we can use Fibaro RGBW controller?

Thanks for your great work and support!
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline intveltr

« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2015, 12:10:13 pm »
Yes, but not sure when... work is a bit slow at the moment due to other stuff that has to take precedence.

Offline IUknown

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2015, 10:08:37 am »
Recently HomeWave has stopped working completely.    I have it loaded on four devices and they all do the same thing which is the application just exits 2 to 3 seconds after entering.   I have not modified the config for several months.  I updated the app this morning no change.

The web app works fine.  I have repowered the Vera and nothing changes. Am ready to teach my wife to use the Web portal....

Note this is a Vera Edge running NOT the latest firmware.  Every time I consider upgrading I read a few recent posts on upgrading and back away.   If it fixes HomeWave I am all for it but I am pretty sure it will be painful.

What else can I check?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2015, 03:13:20 pm »
There is an issue with some version sof UI7 and thermostats.  I am still not sure what the deal is; UI7 suddenly started reporting thermostat states differently, and it causes HomeWave to crash.  The upcoming version of HomeWave will at least fix the crash, but I am not sure if it will thermostats fully functional again. 

In any case: put your phone in Airplane mode, start HomeWave, and delete your thermostats.  Then enable networking again.  You can try and upgrade the firmware and re-add the thermostats, but it may not make a difference.

Offline IUknown

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2015, 04:06:48 pm »
Well...adding my CT100 the first time was not easy.  I had to do it 6 times and completely reset the Vera every time (edge issue).  In come cases on the Web server it would say "NaN" (Not A Number) for the set point value.  When that happened HomeWave would crash.

I followed your suggestion and it works now.   That is I deleted it with WiFi off and reinserted it.   I did not have to touch the Vera it was simply a matter of deleting and then re-inserting in HomeWave.

What I notice is that for the first time I am seeing your little snowflake icon.  That is it broke when I switched from Heating mode to AC mode.  Now that I have started over in AC mode it seems fine again.

Thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 04:08:30 pm by IUknown »

Offline slief

« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2015, 10:01:53 pm »
Quick question. Whats the best resoltion for a background image on the main panel? I'm working on some sweethome 3d images of my homes floorplan and I want to try to get the best image quality possible with my home design. I did a rough draft already and while it looked great on the computer screen,  I think the scaling on the ipad app impacted the quality of the image. Here is what I am talking about.  It's a work in progress as I've only got an hour or so working on this. This is also  my first attempt working with this program.

Offline d55m14

« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2015, 10:08:50 am »
Hi intveltr ,

I've activated a Danfoss Thermostat that now with the last firmware upgrade (June) on VeraEdge seems to work correctly.

I've a problem with your app that seems to display the "CurrentSetPoint Heat" variable instead of "CurrentSetPoint". The UI7 interface and the MCV IOS app display the "CurrentSetPoint" . I've tried both option in the "Controlling" item (Temperature and Heating Temperature) relative to the thermostat configuration of your app.

Following the answer of MCV support  to my question about the two variables:

I checked with a member of the Development Team, this is his response.

Yes this is normal because on UI7, urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat and urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool are obsolete. Check our wiki for more details on this :
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPnP_Variables_and_Actions#TemperatureSetpoint1

tnks donato

Offline intveltr

« Reply #239 on: June 06, 2015, 10:51:47 am »
I just upgraded my VeraLite to the latest version of UI7 as well.  This device STILL doesn't work well.
- The device status (user_data2) reports CurrentSetpoint in both urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1 and urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat
- Sending x.x.x.x:3480/data_request?id=lu_action&DeviceNum=x&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1&action=SetCurrentSetpoint&NewCurrenSetpoint=x iin the browser results in "ERROR: invalid service".
- Sending the same command using TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat results in a job number (success), and the Vera UI shows: waiting for wakeup to send commands.

Other thermostats appear to work better in UI7 with the latest (beta) version of HomeWave, at least testers have reported that they can read and set the setpoints correctly (albeit only the setpoint for the currently active mode).