Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 97913 times)

Offline intveltr

Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #240 on: June 06, 2015, 05:03:43 pm »
Hi intveltr ,

I've activated a Danfoss Thermostat that now with the last firmware upgrade (June) on VeraEdge seems to work correctly.

If you PM me your email address, I'll add you to the beta testing if you want.  From what I can see in the current beta build so far, most thermostats work correctly.  The Danfoss works as well after the HomeWave control is set to use  the "Heat temperature" setpoint.  Once MCV fixes the UI7 firmware to accept actions on the correct uPnP service, the control can be changed to use "Temperature" setpoint.

It's all a bit crappy, but the easiest way to cope with some thermostats like the Danfoss not working as advertised.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline d55m14

« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2015, 05:52:52 pm »
Hi intveltr ,

I've activated a Danfoss Thermostat that now with the last firmware upgrade (June) on VeraEdge seems to work correctly.

If you PM me your email address, I'll add you to the beta testing if you want.  From what I can see in the current beta build so far, most thermostats work correctly.  The Danfoss works as well after the HomeWave control is set to use  the "Heat temperature" setpoint.  Once MCV fixes the UI7 firmware to accept actions on the correct uPnP service, the control can be changed to use "Temperature" setpoint.

It's all a bit crappy, but the easiest way to cope with some thermostats like the Danfoss not working as advertised.

Hi Intevltr,

I've installed yhe beta version and I did some tests with Danfoss thermostat.

It seems that when I change the setpoint from Homerwave the change is reflected on the Danfoss thermostat and in the UI7 interface.

When I change the setpoint from the UI7 interface the change is reflected on the Danfoss thermostat but not on the control in Homewave.

tnks

donato

update : after a restart of Homewave the controls of thermostats display 0 value.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:22:39 am by d55m14 »

Offline ljacobs

« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2015, 11:40:29 pm »
I'm having an issue with my nest thermostat. I had the original nest plugin and it has worked fine with homewave for months. Now I just noticed I could not change the set point from homewave or Vera and they were not reading the correct information from the thermostat. I saw the original nest plugin is no longer supported and Vera has made there own. So I uninstalled the one I had and installed Vera's nest plugin. Now I can control my nest thermostat thru the Vera app but I cannot add the set point button to homewave to control it thru there. It crashes each time I try to add it. Anyone else have issues with there nest and homewave?

Offline Aziwoqpd

« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2015, 08:14:09 pm »
I'm also getting crashes anytime I add my Trane thermostat.

Any chance of a fix getting published soon?

Thanks!

Offline intveltr

« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2015, 06:18:17 am »
I expect to publish the fix in early July.  I am currently extremely busy with other stuff that takes priority, but that work ends in June.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline ljacobs

« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2015, 09:05:32 pm »
No problem. Thanks for the update and developing this app!

Offline mda

Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2015, 02:43:53 pm »
I expect to publish the fix in early July.  I am currently extremely busy with other stuff that takes priority, but that work ends in June.

Is there any chance the direct camera urls (even if only working with blue iris) will be in the July update? (I would be happy to pay extra for this!) Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 02:45:42 pm by mda »

Offline morgi23

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #247 on: September 09, 2015, 06:24:57 pm »
Hi Intevltr,

I'm using the plugin "think cleaner" which add an ability to control iRobot Roomba from Vera interface. 
The roomba appears as a device in my UI7 dashboard, but I couldn't find any way to add it to my Homewave devices..
Any idea how to work it out?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #248 on: September 13, 2015, 04:48:34 am »
I'll take a look.  I don't think my own Roomba has remote control capability though...  or are you using some extra hardware for this?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #249 on: September 13, 2015, 01:04:47 pm »
I'll take a look.  I don't think my own Roomba has remote control capability though...  or are you using some extra hardware for this?

YES thinking cleaner is a wifi chip added to the serial port of diagnostic connector of the roomba.

http://www.thinkingcleaner.com/

Roowifi is also another company that did this. Both of these have plugins available in VERA bus support for remote vera APPS doesn't exist for these custom plugins.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #250 on: September 13, 2015, 01:16:15 pm »
Hi Intevltr,

I'm using the plugin "think cleaner" which add an ability to control iRobot Roomba from Vera interface. 
The roomba appears as a device in my UI7 dashboard, but I couldn't find any way to add it to my Homewave devices..
Any idea how to work it out?

Until the developer adds it to the app you can create a scene that starts the roomba, and one that stops or docks it.
You can then use a custom icon and button in Homewave to run the scene.

I have also use the multistring plugin to give me battery and status info some of my apps.

Offline morgi23

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2015, 06:19:25 pm »

Sorry for the late reply, we are on holidays this time of year.
As integlikewhoa worte above, you need an extra hardware to add the wifi control for roomba.

Until the developer adds it to the app you can create a scene that starts the roomba, and one that stops or docks it.
You can then use a custom icon and button in Homewave to run the scene.

I have also use the multistring plugin to give me battery and status info some of my apps.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll will use it for now. hopefully intveltr will add it in the near future.

Offline B3rt

« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2015, 07:49:48 pm »
will geofencing become available?

Offline earlylearner

« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2016, 04:21:34 am »
Hi Invelt,

Just a question, I already installed the application via Smartphone, how do I use this and how do I log-in? Do i need to use my Vera account to access this? and I am using Vera Lite.

Thanks,

Offline intveltr

« Reply #254 on: September 09, 2016, 04:47:15 pm »
Yes, simply enter your Vera account details to log in remotely.  The app uses the Vera gateway service to do this.