Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 71888 times)

Offline icare

HomeWave Window Covering Settings
« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2016, 07:49:42 am »
I have created a new device to control the SOMFY RTS blind control using RFXtrx433e module. In order to allow for UP-STOP-DOWN control, I have to pick the ?Window Covering? control element in Homewave. Though the controls UP-STOP-DOWN are working  fine, the status controls do not seem to work. Neither background nor ON(100%)/OFF(0%) color seem to work.

The observed anomalies do not manifest with Imperihome. Hence I assume that my VERA configuration is not an issue.
How to go abot in resolving this issue.
Rgds
Dick

Offline intveltr

Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #256 on: October 24, 2016, 03:30:58 pm »
Apologies for a late reply, I haven't been watching this thread the past few weeks.

If you add a status indicator to the control ("light level bar" in the properties), does the bar indicate the position of the blinds? 
There is an active bug affecting coloring or background status of dimmers, this probably affects blinds as well since they use the same visual control element.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline icare

« Reply #257 on: October 26, 2016, 06:08:45 am »
Enabling "light level bar" does not result in the bar being displayed. I'm using the buttons option which is represented by two triangles. These button colors are being displayed equal despite the fact that different colors are being specified for 0-100%. These colors do not CHANGE depending on variables "Status" and/or "LoadLevelStatus". Neither does the background color of the box change. Hence, you can't identify whether the sun blinds are rolled-off or rolled-on.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2016, 07:04:06 am »
The light level bar only shows up if you turn on the ring. 
There's a bug that prevents the colors from changing on dimmers, this will be fixed in the next version.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline cstoebe

« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2017, 02:02:15 pm »
trying to figure out the sleep mode. I have an ipad2 on a wall mount and all works great. I want to enable always on and have it dimmed until I touch the screen. (I'm figuring the ipad would burn out prematurely if left always on)? I see a setting to dim if certain switches are on, but thats not what I want to do, rather have it dimmed if switches are off, not on.  Just wondering if Im missing something here.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #260 on: April 30, 2017, 05:53:43 pm »
The sleep mode is a bit limited, and you can only have the app dim if a certain switch is on. It kind of makes sense to have it the other way around so you can link it to a ceiling light or some such. I'll see about adding a "reverse" option.

Offline Spanners

• https://www.livehouseautomation.com.au
« Reply #261 on: April 30, 2017, 08:40:16 pm »
Rather than start a new topic, thought I'd throw in the general discussion.

Any chance of having a feature for Homewave to trigger a VPN that is configured on the iPhone? My issue (being in Australia) and MCV servers being in the US (and generally crap at the best of times) is the time it takes to connect over 3G/4G using the Vera Relay.

What I'd like to be able to tell Homewave to do is open a VPN when I make the app active, and optionally close the VPN when I shut the app down or move it to the background after a period of X seconds. Kind of like an on demand VPN.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #262 on: May 11, 2017, 12:56:47 pm »
Not sure, but it's an interesting idea. I can look into this.