We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 128095 times)

Offline Exorcist

Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2013, 07:23:52 pm »
I recently upgraded from the iPhone to S4.. and seriously HomeWave is the only thing i am missing about the iPhone. Any plans to have this for android platform? This is the only vera app i consider worthwhile that makes sense.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2013, 07:39:06 pm »
Who knows?  Functionally, HomeWave is stabilizing but in need of some refactoring; this would be a good time to get an Android version out there.  On top of that, one of my clients asked me to build a proof-of-concept app in Android, so I got a cheapy tablet and got started on Android app development.  In the next months I will port someportions of HomeWave to Android and see how easy that is.  If it is, there will be an Android app at some point
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline technoviking

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2013, 07:23:30 pm »
I tried out an S4 last week and literally a deciding factor to come back was this app. I have too many things setup in it and couldn't find a suitable android app to replace it with.  If you ported over to android it would be awesome!

Offline haavard

« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2013, 07:40:49 am »
Thank you for a great app!
I have one feature request  :)
Is it possible to have one picture when a switch/scene is active and another when inactive?

thanks again for a great app!

regards

Offline intveltr

« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2013, 06:29:17 pm »
This is planned for the next version (by popular demand)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline simonk83

« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2013, 04:58:37 am »
Hmm, well I just bought this but I'm having issues.

It detected and connected to my Vera fine, but as soon as I click on the Assign button the wifi icon turns red.   I've tried to disable wifi and connect via Mios, but basically the same thing happens, it just disconnects as soon as I click on the Assign button.

Not too sure what's going on there...

I've rebooted the Vera, and also the phone, but that hasn't helped.

I do have iVera installed on the phone and that works with no issues so I'm not sure what the problem is to be honest.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Offline intveltr

« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2013, 07:03:24 am »
Simon, try increasing the timeout settings. Open your iPhone's Sertings app and go to the HomeWave settings, you'll find the timeout values there. Also verify that Homewave picked up the correct IP address for Vera, and that it got the right Device ID from Vera as well. Then try reconnecting again.

If that still fails, please collect and send me a log from HomeWave as follows:
1) Go into the Settings app, open settings for HomeWave and turn on logging
2) Open HomeWave, let it connect and then try adding a device.
3) Open the info screen (from the totle bar in the Home panel), and click the red button to email the log
4) Your email client will open with the log file in it. Hit Send
5) Go into Settings again and disable logging (there's a performance hit if you keep it on)

Offline simonk83

« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2013, 10:44:15 am »
Simon, try increasing the timeout settings. Open your iPhone's Sertings app and go to the HomeWave settings, you'll find the timeout values there. Also verify that Homewave picked up the correct IP address for Vera, and that it got the right Device ID from Vera as well. Then try reconnecting again.

If that still fails, please collect and send me a log from HomeWave as follows:
1) Go into the Settings app, open settings for HomeWave and turn on logging
2) Open HomeWave, let it connect and then try adding a device.
3) Open the info screen (from the totle bar in the Home panel), and click the red button to email the log
4) Your email client will open with the log file in it. Hit Send
5) Go into Settings again and disable logging (there's a performance hit if you keep it on)

Hi mate,

Thanks for that.  I already tried turning both timeouts to max, so I've sent you through some logs.  I sent two as the first went from my icloud account by accident, so I resent from gmail ;)

Thanks!

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2013, 11:32:09 am »
INtveltr,
I am tasting the same problem,
connection down many times, even I am near from vera and wifi strong signal,

what the good values to put in the timeout settings ?

thanks
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2013, 11:54:07 am »
In case of connection errors, try and increase the timeout values.

The connection icon turning red can be an indication that the data from Vera cannot be parsed correctly.  I've noticed that Vera sometimes returns invalid UTF8 characters which will choke some JSON decoders like the one used in HomeWave.  What I can see from the logfile is that this seems to be the case here. 

(Simon, sent you an email for further debugging)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:59:13 am by intveltr »

Offline simonk83

« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2013, 01:29:20 am »
Thanks mate for all the help.

For anyone else interested, it was one of my scenes that was returning weird data.  Deleted that and we're good now :)

Offline avstraq

« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2013, 07:52:20 pm »
Intveltr, I just bought this app a couple of hours ago, and let me tell you--I'm enjoying it so far. Money well spent. I like that I don't see all my devices and scenes initially, and can add in only those that I actually need to monitor and/or control. Very easy to change the screen layout too (which was the promise of SQ but I've had trouble with that).

Great work!

One question, and I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, but I did search for it. It's not on the home screen but when I scroll from one sub-screen to the next, I see a Downstairs page. How do I delete that? Thanks!

Offline intveltr

« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2013, 04:55:32 pm »
One question, and I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, but I did search for it. It's not on the home screen but when I scroll from one sub-screen to the next, I see a Downstairs page. How do I delete that?

It happens sometimes...  if you force-quit the app (press the Home button twice and kill HomeWave from the list of apps) and restart, it should be gone.

Offline avstraq

« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2013, 11:43:35 pm »
Perfect--that worked! Thanks!

It happens sometimes...  if you force-quit the app (press the Home button twice and kill HomeWave from the list of apps) and restart, it should be gone.

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2013, 07:22:39 am »
Can homewave display the Virtual Switch devices including the text?
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user