We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 128090 times)

Offline intveltr

Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2013, 08:05:02 am »
It can.  The text isn't automatically copied but you can set the text for On and Off in the control in HomeWave.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2013, 08:52:16 am »
thx, but I really mean the text. In the find my iphone topic a scene is made where you can add the actual location in the text of the virtual switch. It would have been cool if that one would be visible.
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2013, 09:49:36 am »
for me is working displaying the 2 lines TEXT1 and TEXT2

I choose in the properties of the switch the lines I want show.

Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline triangledave

« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2013, 11:37:58 pm »
Keep up the great work intveltr!  Great app keeps getting better.  Ademco alarm functionality is great.  Push is a great addition as well.  Now I get a push message when I've successfully armed my alarm and a different message if the alarm is triggered.  Plus I can always just go to my Homewave screen to see status of alarm and other devices.  Very nice work.

Offline haavard

« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2013, 08:15:06 am »
Hello,
I realy like the feature where you can add different images for devices that are on or off. Is it possible to add this for dimmed devices as well? And have 1% count as on.

Regards

Offline intveltr

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2013, 12:01:12 pm »
Good one, added to next version
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2013, 11:27:22 am »
Last night, I started playing with the "Action Button" feature, because I wanted to add a button to toggle between two screens, "Main" and "Lights."  I set Action to "Go to screen" and then tried to find the "Lights" screen in the "Screen" menu...  but it wasn't there!  All of my control screens were missing.  I realized that they were missing because I had used hard returns in their caption fields to position the caption vertically.  When I removed the hard returns from the caption field, the names of the control screens were available on the picker.

I'm not sure what to suggest here, other than adding a discrete vertical/horizontal offset to the caption.  Ultimately, I just removed all of the hard returns & made the captions transparent, since my images are descriptive enough for me.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2013, 07:46:13 pm »
Hi I don't know if it's only me but my devices that I setup in iPad don't show up in my iPhone. I had to do it again in iPhone. Just bought homewave couple of days ago and I am impressed. Any thoughts about my issue? Thanks

Offline intveltr

« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2013, 05:16:02 am »
Hi I don't know if it's only me but my devices that I setup in iPad don't show up in my iPhone. I had to do it again in iPhone. Just bought homewave couple of days ago and I am impressed. Any thoughts about my issue? Thanks

If you install the app multiple times, the configuration will not be synchronized between them.  You can however save the configuration on one phone and load it onto the other.  Two ways of doing that: save to your phone, transfer the file using iTunes, and load it onto the other phone (or mail it to yourself and open the mail attachment on the phone).  Or save to Dropbox and load from there on the other phone.

See here for more instructions: http://www.intvelt.com/wordpress/loading-saving/

Offline groundglass

« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2013, 02:30:22 pm »
Hi,
First I have to say I've been using the app for a few weeks and am having a great time with it.
So much so I grabbed a couple of old iPads and set them up as dedicated room remotes.
I have a couple of suggestions if I may:

1) Transparent (invisible) Dimmer Slider: As an example I have a photo of my kitchen and presently
click on the kitchen table to turn on/off the light. I was able to hide everything for the On/Off switch
but I can't seem to make invisible the dimmer slider switch - would be awesome to slide my finger
on the picture of the table to dim the lights

2) Have the auto dim the iPad set to either a switch (virtual or real) turned On or Off (instead of just
On). Right now I have a virtual switch with two scenes to turn the VS on/off if room goes dark. If
HomeWave could dim the iPad with a switch turns Off, I could just use a real switch on/off setting
and skip the scenes and virtual switch. In other words I'd like the iPad to dim when a light is Off.

3) Run an iOS app: Would love to click on my Sonos music system on the background photo for a
room and automatically start the Sonos app.

Great work! Thanks

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2013, 06:33:27 pm »

If you install the app multiple times, the configuration will not be synchronized between them.  You can however save the configuration on one phone and load it onto the other.  Two ways of doing that: save to your phone, transfer the file using iTunes, and load it onto the other phone (or mail it to yourself and open the mail attachment on the phone).  Or save to Dropbox and load from there on the other phone.

See here for more instructions: http://www.intvelt.com/wordpress/loading-saving/

I was having problem doing it with itunes but successfully saved and reloaded the configuration from ipad to iphone using Dropbox. Files in dropbox are also saved in their website raising "security concern". just my 2 cents. anyway, thanks for your help.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2013, 12:31:37 pm »
I was having problem doing it with itunes but successfully saved and reloaded the configuration from ipad to iphone using Dropbox. Files in dropbox are also saved in their website raising "security concern". just my 2 cents. anyway, thanks for your help.

The config files are encrypted, so they ought to be reasonably secure on a cloud server.

Offline RV

« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2013, 11:55:41 am »
+1 for an Android version as well..

btw, have you seen the 1 app that comes up when you search for HomeWave.. it's called HomeWav

"the system allows incarcerated individuals to speak to approved friends and loved ones directly with no facility personal involvement"

I was very confused when I first looked you up on the Android... ???

anyway.. looking forward to the android version .. with the price on some of these android tablets I could put one in every room, especially with Black Friday deals coming next week...

Offline kcld10

« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2013, 08:35:25 pm »
Best ios Vera app in my opinion! Can't wait for an Android version.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Offline Jnickell100

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2013, 01:41:28 pm »
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I've messed with the app for about 10 minutes and can't figure out. Linked my thermostat, added "thermostat, thermostat settings, and sensor measurement"

I cannot set the temperature on the app. For example, I'd like to get the auto from 67-70 degrees. I cannot figure that out. Also, the sensor measurement is always correct. However, the "thermostat" is always reads in Celsius and cannot be moved up, but CAN move down.

Thoughts?