We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 128086 times)

Offline mdaecher

• Sr. Newbie
Future?
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2014, 12:07:09 pm »
 HomeWave App is great! - and happy to see that multiple Veras (2) are now supported. 

So, I'll be the first to ask...any chance additional Veras will be supported in future releases?  I have 3 Veras - and would love to put them all under HomeWave

Offline curiousB

Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2014, 12:23:08 pm »

Man, been wanting to get this app but Ive been hoping it would go on sale and drop in price during the holidays... Sad to see that so far it hasnt. Sounds like its much better than the Vera Mobile app which badly needs some love.
It's just $6.   Compared to some other apps, that's ridiculously cheap.   And considering a switch costs minimum $30, it's nearly nothing.
Yes yes yes I understand that logic very well, but youre talking to guy who has over 250 apps on my phone and I HATE ads so I have purchased all of them that had paid versions. Ive had iOS devices almost since the beginning and have accumulated a lot of paid apps and I pretty much always wait for them to drop in price to save a bit on money on my iOS software investment. Usually I use the AppShopper app to track and alert me when apps in my WishList go on sale.

It's worth $50. Dust off the cobwebs on your wallet and pony up. This is the best iOS control app for Vera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
VeraLite (1), Leviton VRI10-1LX (8 ), VP00R-1LZ (5), VRS15-1LX (1), Intermatic CA3500 (10), CA5100 (1), Aeon Labs DSC26103 (5), Foscam FI8918W (2) , FI9821W V2 (1), DLINK DCS-932L (2), DCS-930L (1), GE45604 (2), GE45603 (5), Honeywell RTH8580WF (2), HA-09WD (1), Kwikset 910TRL ZW (1), Aeon MMote (2)

Offline intveltr

Re: Future?
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2014, 12:33:27 pm »
So, I'll be the first to ask...any chance additional Veras will be supported in future releases?  I have 3 Veras - and would love to put them all under HomeWave

Definitely.  The limitation is not due to the networking code but purely because of the settings screen.  v1.80 will have that screen moved into the app, with an option for unlimited Veras.  (Keep in mind there may be a v1.78 release first, with some bug fixes).
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline mdaecher

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Future?
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2014, 05:56:11 pm »

Definitely.  The limitation is not due to the networking code but purely because of the settings screen.  v1.80 will have that screen moved into the app, with an option for unlimited Veras.  (Keep in mind there may be a v1.78 release first, with some bug fixes).

Great - can't wait.  Have bought your app twice - once for me and once for wife...again, great work. 

Offline ubikro

« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2014, 04:52:04 am »
Had a quick question regarding a security and HomeWave. How does the app store the MiOS username and password? Is it only locally stored? Backup with iCloud? Backed up in some way with the developer? Despite the great reviews (and how much I like the app so far) Im still a little leery of giving a third party app my MiOS username and password. Especially being that I have no idea what information the app might be sending anywhere. No offense to intveltr intended, but with all the information leaks and hacks the media is blowing up these days I feel more and more and very concerned about such things.

Your MiOS password is stored in your iPhone's keychain, an encrypted repository provided by iOS for this purpose. When you save the configuration to the app's file area or Dropbox, the MiOS password is stored in the file after which the entire file is encrypted; it can only be read by HomeWave. The password is not stored anywhere else nor is it transmitted anywhere but to MiOS, using SSL.

That makes it reasonably secure (not 100% especially if your device is jailbroken).

@intveltr: I am a happy user of the homewave app.. however I'm really concerned about this.
Following some incidents with my alarm system (sensors getting disarmed while I was not at home), I've asked one of my friends (he's a z-wave enthusiast and also a programmer) to check my setup.

Long story short, he took a look at the app (he uses an Android tablet for his vera, so had no previous experience with homewave) and found that the user/password are stored in a text file on the Phone (made a note this: "a homewave.plist file"). He said that if the iphone is connected to a computer, anyone can read the file and the password!!!!!!

For the time being, I have stopped using homewave as I've been beta-testing two iphone/ipad apps (which unfortunately are not as complete, but one of them has a very nice UI and is more secure according to my friend). I would still keep homeware for the extended features...

Please, please fix this. I am very concerned about the fact that someone might get access to my mios acccount!!! Definitively a showstopper for me.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2014, 04:08:17 pm »
The risk of someone deliberately targeting MiOS credentials through a PC that you connect your iPhone to is rather slim (although it is slightly more likely now that you publicly mentioned it ;) ). Even so, those credentials should be encrypted, so I will make sure that they are in the next version.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline benr

• Everywhere And Nowhere
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2014, 11:14:16 pm »
Just like with every website/forum/blog/etc you give a username and password for you really never have any idea how the programmers (or whoever manages the site) manages your information. That was exactly why I posted earlier in this thread asking how HomeWave stores our miOS information. Nobody ever questions those things and for all we know everyone we give usernames and passwords to can see them and use them however they like. Or, have them stolen buy someone who breaks their security.

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #157 on: March 04, 2014, 06:42:54 pm »
Hi Intveltr...

I have observed my global cache wifi to cc stop work by home wave app after I made update in the gc100 plugin to control a globalcache flex ip wifi,

The devices of globalcache wifi to cc are controlled by vera UI but do not appears anymore in homewave when I try relink or add that.

I will return to gc100 basic plugin even my itachflex lost conection because I need of the another to close and open my curtain but I think is important you know the problem.

Thanks for your job with homewave

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:44:33 pm by Piwtorak »
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2014, 07:37:45 am »
Has anything changed in the way the GC100 plugin reports its status?

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2014, 11:32:21 am »
There are two distinct patches going around that have not been merged into the App Store release.

One is from RTS for CC status feedback and the second to support the itach flex. The first is only available through RTS on request and the second is in one of the threads.

Offline chaosmage

« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2014, 05:12:46 pm »
just bought the app, and came to say hello and thanks for your work!

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2014, 08:03:45 pm »
I have installed that one to do itach flex works...
How can i correct this ?
Thanks
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline Rspittle

« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2014, 07:33:24 pm »
Hi.

I am using Homewave with veralite & a schlage lock.  All works very well.

Any chance of adding a control element to allow the addition and removal of pin numbers for the Schlage lock?

Cheers

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2014, 07:11:06 pm »
is there a way to set the same background to all screen? Or at least remember the colour I used previously?
App is great, but setting it up takes a lot of time, because of all the features!
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline chrisacorbett

« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2014, 09:26:23 pm »
HomeWave looks cool.  Can you tell me which versions of the UI it supports?  UI4,UI5 and UI6?

thanks,
Chris