We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 128064 times)

Offline intveltr

Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2014, 03:57:22 pm »
Not sure about UI4.  UI5 is supported.  UI6 is supported on LAN only; you won't be able to use HomeWave with UI6 remotely via MiOS.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2014, 09:22:39 pm »
Intveltr,
Is possible put stop button in audio video media control ? I am using to control my sonos system and would be good a sto button there.

Thanks for your job with homewave and support to sonos.
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2014, 08:54:48 am »
The stop button is available; open the properties for the control and turn on the option for extra buttons.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2014, 09:58:35 pm »
Perfect, thanks !
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2014, 10:19:24 am »
Here's a suggestion. I don't miss iVera, except for one thing...  the thermostat controls use the native iPhone scrolling function for heating & cooling setpoints. See the screen shot, attached. I don't know if you've considered adding one more control type to the Ring, Buttons, and Slider, but I'd really like to see that as a way to quickly set BOTH setpoints, instead of just setting the one for whichever mode is active (COOL/HEAT).
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline Dpc131

« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2014, 08:11:37 pm »
First, I wanted to say how great your app is, although, it's caused me to continue to spend money on z-wave devices because I keep wanting to add to it. Anyway, I just saw that someone release an app on MIOS called Simple Alarm. It doesn't appear in the alarm selection in Homewave, but was  wondering if anyone else uses it that you may want to include it in a release. Please keep up the excellent work and thanks again.

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2014, 08:15:21 pm »
I saw a comment from the developer of Simple Alarm that he may start working to make it compliant with the the 'standards' for an alarm system.  Once that happens, the 3rd party app developers can easily integrate his great new plugin.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2014, 06:19:10 am »
Here's a suggestion. I don't miss iVera, except for one thing...  the thermostat controls use the native iPhone scrolling function for heating & cooling setpoints. See the screen shot, attached. I don't know if you've considered adding one more control type to the Ring, Buttons, and Slider, but I'd really like to see that as a way to quickly set BOTH setpoints, instead of just setting the one for whichever mode is active (COOL/HEAT).

It's hard to come up with an easy to use control like that without it taking up half the screen :)

You can already control both setpoints though.  Add 2 linear controls and link them both to the same thermostat.  In the control properties, you'll find a setting "Controlling: temperature"; if you click it you can set it to control the heat or cool setpoint irrespective of mode.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2014, 08:23:24 am »
It's hard to come up with an easy to use control like that without it taking up half the screen :)
Yes, that's true. The screen shot I showed you is a pop-up. After setting those setpoints, the screen wipes downward. That would be a huge departure from how HomeWave works now, and I get that.
You can already control both setpoints though.  Add 2 linear controls and link them both to the same thermostat.  In the control properties, you'll find a setting "Controlling: temperature"; if you click it you can set it to control the heat or cool setpoint irrespective of mode.
Yes, true. I've had a few screens like that. I guess I just can't come up with a way to make it look good. It works fine. I guess I just like the scrolling numbers...!

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2014, 08:40:16 am »
Attached is what I've just done. It works fine. I realize that aesthetics are limited to some degree by my imagination...

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2014, 09:58:30 pm »
Intveltr,
Have a way to push notifications from homewave app become with the date and time ?
Thenks

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:13 pm »
Is there a lua command structure for HomeWave push notifications?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2014, 08:41:49 pm »
I run Vera Alerts on my Andriods, I have a nice history list of when people came in and out of my vacation house. On the Iphone with Homewave is it not possible to see that same kind of information? Wasn't sure if I was missing it or it just doesn't exist? 

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2014, 08:44:04 pm »
it has a push notification plugin, works nicely.  I just wanted to code in some more information than it is ready to accept right now.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2014, 09:39:31 pm »
it has a push notification plugin, works nicely.  I just wanted to code in some more information than it is ready to accept right now.

Yea I currently have notification setup and running on Homewave. Only problem I have is I see it live and can check under apple drop down and it tells me last 5 or so and rounds it to the hours it happen.

VeraAlerts on my Andriod it keeps weeks of information and exact time. So for a vacation house I can see when someone checked in and out a few days ago. I can't get any of that right now on the Apple.