We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 128070 times)

Offline Freddan101

Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2014, 01:48:21 am »
I would like to see this in Homewave as well.

Another way is to use VeraAlerts and Prowl. Then you get the history with time stamps. But I would rather keep it all in HomeWave for simplicity.

Offline pardaisi

« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2014, 07:15:45 pm »
Sorry, I am new to this but feel I have enough knowledge to get to the point where I have 4 in 1 sensor, 2 water sensor, tilt and thermostat working/configured. with working scenes, triggers (text etc). I can use web based or MMS vera app on iOS without any problem (well not really trouble free MMS vera, when I close the app and re-launch it it fails to see my vera. I have to logout and login again before it recognizes my vera again)

My point is why Homewave app is unfriendly (I am sure it is highly customizable for Linux geek) and no support contacts are provided? I dont know how I can get support from them as website has no email, phone support listed.

I have purchased Homewave and have configured my IP, user and password in iOS under Setting - homewave. It does not detect my vera or vera device ID.

when I login to cp.mios.com it does not detect my vera.

Vera works fine at home.getvera.com (no problem with old or new UI)

What am I doing wrong? do I need to associate my vera at cp.mios.com? and how? I thought cp.mios.com and home.getvera.com is the same?

Please help me understand why homewave is not working. I am willing to dump homewave if anyone can recommend iVera is worth the money. thanks in advance

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2014, 08:10:58 pm »
My point is why Homewave app is unfriendly (I am sure it is highly customizable for Linux geek) and no support contacts are provided? I dont know how I can get support from them as website has no email, phone support listed....Please help me understand why homewave is not working. I am willing to dump homewave if anyone can recommend iVera is worth the money.
I am not a programmer. I purchased iVera first, and used it for maybe 6 months. iVera is fine, but hardly worth the price.

HomeWave has been fantastic, and the developer's responsiveness to user input is...  well, unparalleled is a strong word, but it's really good.

I have purchased Homewave and have configured my IP, user and password in iOS under Setting - homewave. It does not detect my vera or vera device ID.
What am I doing wrong? do I need to associate my vera at cp.mios.com? and how? I thought cp.mios.com and home.getvera.com is the same?

Could you provide more detail? Are you using a static IP in Vera? You say, "when I login to cp.mios.com it does not detect my vera"...  where are you trying to log in from? What device/software/browser?
"Vera works fine at home.getvera.com"...  and which UI? "old or new" isn't informative.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline huveu

« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2014, 09:16:01 pm »
Sorry, I am new to this but feel I have enough knowledge to get to the point where I have 4 in 1 sensor, 2 water sensor, tilt and thermostat working/configured. with working scenes, triggers (text etc). I can use web based or MMS vera app on iOS without any problem (well not really trouble free MMS vera, when I close the app and re-launch it it fails to see my vera. I have to logout and login again before it recognizes my vera again)

My point is why Homewave app is unfriendly (I am sure it is highly customizable for Linux geek) and no support contacts are provided? I dont know how I can get support from them as website has no email, phone support listed.

Please help me understand why homewave is not working. I am willing to dump homewave if anyone can recommend iVera is worth the money. thanks in advance

The best way to get support for HomeWave is through this forum. The person who created it is active and will help you with any problems. There are also quite a few people (like me) that might be able to answer questions.

Don't dump HomeWave. The problem you are having is that you are most likely running UI6 in your Vera. UI6 is not yet supported by most apps because there was a big change in how apps authenticate with Vera's servers. intveltr (homewave's developer) is already working on adding support for UI6. For now the only way for you to use it would be to request Vera's support to downgrade your device to UI5. You will probably lose your current settings and have to setup everything again.

Please let us know if you are indeed running UI6 (if you are not sure on how to check, a screenshot of your vera's homepage should do it since they are quite different).

edit: it seems like you should know about UI6 since you have posts on a different thread talking about another app's UI6 support
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:23:21 pm by huveu »

Offline intveltr

« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2014, 01:43:12 pm »
Intveltr,
Have a way to push notifications from homewave app become with the date and time ?
Thenks

This may be something I can add to the plugin, I'll take a look.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2014, 01:47:27 pm »
Is there a lua command structure for HomeWave push notifications?

The HomeWave Push plugin accepts the following LUA to send messages:

luup.call_action("urn:intvelt-com:serviceId:HWPush1", "SendMessage", {Msg = "Bla"}, deviceid)

Make sure to use the right deviceId.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2014, 01:51:34 pm »

Does HomeWave always fail to connect to Vera, or only when your iPhone is not on your own WiFi net?  If the latter, you are probably on UI6, which is a beta firmware not yet supported by HomeWave (the upcoming version will support it).  HomeWave should work fine with UI6 on the LAN though.

There could be several reasons why HomeWave fails to connect when on the local LAN, usually due to unusual network setups.  Do you have multiple subnets?  Does the IP address you use to access Vera's control panel (and which you've configured in HomeWave) work when you use it in your iPhone's browser?

Ps. the email for support can be found on the Support page of the HomeWave website.

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2014, 03:57:50 pm »
Installed an Aeon micro switch today and noticed that Homeway doesn't show the watts used. No option to enable it.

The switch doesn't meter the usage itself but I have entered the watts manually. Vera GUI shows it.

Offline pardaisi

« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2014, 05:37:39 pm »
@intveltr

By talking about multiple issues I may have caused confusion.

Lets talk about HomeWave app only.

I have NOT been able to connect to veralite using Homewave using Wifi or otherwise new or old UI.  I have followed every step per your website (I can communicate using other apps as well).

BTW- HomeWave does NOT have support email on the website.  If fact when I click on "support" at url http://homewave.intvelt.com/,  it changes the contents of the page but does not change the url at all. It is different as most websites when user navigates to to other areas of the website... url is changed too.

The only email offered at homewave under support page is "homewave@intvelt.com" for questions and problems. It was not clear to me that it can be used for "support". I will send email shortly and hope to hear back soon.

Offline Dpc131

« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2014, 05:40:51 pm »
Installed an Aeon micro switch today and noticed that Homeway doesn't show the watts used. No option to enable it.

The switch doesn't meter the usage itself but I have entered the watts manually. Vera GUI shows it.

Hmm, my aeon works fine on Homewave. Can you see it in Vera? I think there's a home wave option in the switch setting to display wattage.

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2014, 05:12:29 pm »

Hmm, my aeon works fine on Homewave. Can you see it in Vera? I think there's a home wave option in the switch setting to display wattage.
I can see it in Vera and it shows the watts (that I've entered manually). I have another Aeon with built-in power metering and that one displays the usage in Homewave. Other devices, where I have entered wattage manually, show up correctly in Homewave as well. So it's only this single one that is not working.

Also, I wonder if it's possible to change the color and background of the box showing the power usage? Mine is now green+black.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2014, 05:35:21 am »
Also, I wonder if it's possible to change the color and background of the box showing the power usage? Mine is now green+black.

The background color is close to or the same as the button's background; the text color is fixed...

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #192 on: April 04, 2014, 06:33:17 am »
Ok, then I will try changing the background.

Any thoughts on the missing usage for the Aeon switch?

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2014, 12:02:50 pm »
Congratulations Intveltr, for the last version, is very fast to connect even out using 3G connections..

good app for our Vera Systems...

thanks !
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline specv510

« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2014, 08:02:23 pm »
Can you make it so the time is displayed in the status bar? Sometimes I want to know if a scene triggered at the right time and it would be so much easier to check the clock on the phone if I didn't have to leave Homewave. Thanks!