We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 128057 times)

Offline Ashe

Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2014, 05:45:21 pm »
Ok, then I will try changing the background.

Any thoughts on the missing usage for the Aeon switch?

I have a Aeon Labs multisensor and the app doesn't support the motion sensor (arm and bypass)!

I hope this is implemented soon!

Thanks.

Offline peedeesee

« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2014, 06:38:37 pm »
Try editing your sensor control to enable Allow Arm / Bypass

Offline intveltr

« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2014, 04:11:40 am »
Try editing your sensor control to enable Allow Arm / Bypass

Also remember to set the control to "enabled" in order to be able to set arm/bypass
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Silverow

« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2014, 12:13:02 am »
Can I increase text font size on sensor button?

Offline Jnickell100

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #199 on: July 03, 2014, 11:23:21 am »
Ive been getting "test" notifications randomly. I have not sent out test notifications in months. What could be the problem?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #200 on: July 04, 2014, 04:01:20 am »
Ive been getting "test" notifications randomly. I have not sent out test notifications in months. What could be the problem?

Are you still getting these?  I have had a few old notifications and gotten some double ones.  Seems to be a glitch with Apple.

It's also possible that you picked the same Push ID as someone else, so if you used a relally obvious one, try changing it.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Jnickell100

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2014, 07:21:20 pm »

Are you still getting these?  I have had a few old notifications and gotten some double ones.  Seems to be a glitch with Apple.

It's also possible that you picked the same Push ID as someone else, so if you used a relally obvious one, try changing it.
yes I've been getting them at all hours of the night and day. I've also been getting notifications for garage door open even though I don't have one hooked up.... I'll try changing my push ID and see if this helps.

Is there a reason the push Id must be 20 digits? That's a very long Id, wouldn't it be easier to just have a 5/6 digit push ID?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2014, 03:42:07 am »
The push service is somewhat experimental :)  The Push ID needs to be long in order to avoid 2 people picking the same one, and it needs to be configurable so that you can receive messages from multiple Veras on multiple iPhones.

The alternative is to generate an ID behind the scenes, but for that you'd need to have an account + password on the push server. That will happen at some point but it will take some time to add.

Offline OutdoorITguy

« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2014, 01:54:40 pm »

yes I've been getting them at all hours of the night and day. I've also been getting notifications for garage door open even though I don't have one hooked up.... I'll try changing my push ID and see if this helps.

Is there a reason the push Id must be 20 digits? That's a very long Id, wouldn't it be easier to just have a 5/6 digit push ID?

Wonder if you have been getting my push notifications?..

Offline d55m14

« Reply #204 on: October 20, 2014, 06:49:46 pm »
Hi,

I've setup a vpn to access my home systems included Veralite. Can you suggest me how to configure Homewave to direct access (via internet & vpn) veralite ? For your info I'm using as vpn a router with dd-wrt and openvpn.

tnks

donato

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #205 on: October 20, 2014, 07:51:03 pm »
To begin with, be sure that you've chosen a VPN implementation that is compatible with your mobile device. I believe that iOS does not support OpenVPN. Personally I use L2TP for my VPN, and that works.

Then test your VPN connection by activating it from outside your LAN, opening up mobile Safari and pointing it at your (inside the LAN) Vera's IP address. You should see the Vera Web UI and be able to control it.

Once THAT works you can start thinking about configuring HomeWave.

Offline d55m14

« Reply #206 on: October 21, 2014, 04:17:38 am »
Hi Futzle,

I've installed Openvpn Connect on Iphone and I can access my ipcam correctly and via safari my Veralite web gui with my private ip address.

tnks donato

To begin with, be sure that you've chosen a VPN implementation that is compatible with your mobile device. I believe that iOS does not support OpenVPN. Personally I use L2TP for my VPN, and that works.

Then test your VPN connection by activating it from outside your LAN, opening up mobile Safari and pointing it at your (inside the LAN) Vera's IP address. You should see the Vera Web UI and be able to control it.

Once THAT works you can start thinking about configuring HomeWave.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2014, 04:31:04 am »
Good. Then you can configure your Vera in HoneWave by opening it up, tapping on the "i" in the title bar, then tapping "Vera". Hint: Direct to Vera is a useful setting.

Offline d55m14

« Reply #208 on: October 21, 2014, 04:38:26 am »
Hi Futzle,

I've tried and Homewave has connected. But I'm not sure if directly of via Mios. I don't have to put anything in the URL (Internet) field ?

tnks

donato

Good. Then you can configure your Vera in HoneWave by opening it up, tapping on the "i" in the title bar, then tapping "Vera". Hint: Direct to Vera is a useful setting.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #209 on: October 21, 2014, 05:36:16 am »

But I'm not sure if directly of via Mios. I don't have to put anything in the URL (Internet) field ?

You can empty out the MiOS username and password fields, which will prevent you connecting via the forwarding servers. If it works, you're using the VPN.