We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 128054 times)

Offline DeltaNu1142

Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 04:41:21 pm »
Not sure what the deal is with these locks...  they work for some, but others have reported issues with them as well.  Can you try the following URL please?
http://192.168.2.13:3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_action&DeviceNum=57&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1
Replace 192.168.2.13 with the IP address of your own Vera, and DeviceNum=57 with the device ID of one of your locks.  This command should lock it.
I did notice that for some reason, locks were created with user interaction disabled (will be fixed in 1.2).  The PIN dialog only appears if you set a PIN for the app (press the "i" button on the Home screen to do this)
Ah, I set the PIN, and now that feature works.

I will try the URL above when I'm local.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 04:45:34 pm »
One other thing - I have an exterior light that occasionally doesn't respond to commands due to how far it is from Vera; now is one of those times.

If I try to shut it off from HomeWave, it goes grey, then reports off (blue).  And it stays off.  However, in MiOS, it shows an error code 1.  HomeWave probably should show something other than a successful command/status change in this case.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 12:37:42 pm »
Re. issues with locks: the bug that causes newly added locks to be "interaction disabled" also causes them to not send out anything to Vera even when they are set to "enabled" and clicked.  Workaround: re-link the lock controls in HomeWave to your locks in Vera.  Version 1.2 will fix this without the need to re-link.

Re. responding to Z-wave transmission errors: HomeWave currently doesn't do this.  Added for a future version.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 12:42:28 pm »
Thanks!  I'll try again when I'm at home.

Offline luissalvador

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2012, 04:24:50 pm »
Please, get support to Z-Extender 300 from Remotec, is cheaper and good quality.

Offline Quinten

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2012, 03:43:50 am »
Bought HomeWave last night and installed it on my iPad, and am loving it!  I'm planning to put the iPad on the wall at some point and this would be the perfect 'control panel' screen for it.
VeraLite - UI7 1.7.947 | 8x Fibaro FGD211 | 2x Fibaro FGS221 | 1x Fibaro FGBS321 | 3x Fibaro FGRGBW | 1x Everspring SP814 | 2x Everspring AN157-3 | 2x Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi | 1x Logitech Harmony Hub | 1x Philips LivingColour

Offline barath

Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2012, 08:56:47 am »
Love this app!!! Great Job!!!

The home page should have an option to choose control panel or switch/scene.   I see that I can only config the home screen for control panels.

Also looking for more colors and icons.

Now my mind is busy configuring :-))

Thanks for this great app.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:59:35 am by barath »
Vera 2 with Firmware 1.1.1245 / 5x Hawking Motion Sensor HRMD1 / 11x Hawking Door Sensors HRDS1 / 2x GE 45605 Receptacle / 1x GE 45609 2-Way On/Off / 1x GE45614 3-Way On/Off / Trane Thermostat / Foscam FI8918W / Foscam FI8904W

Offline EvenTj

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2012, 02:52:21 pm »
Wow,
This app is great. Was sceptical at first, but I love the design, and how simple it is. Finally something that is WAF approved. (wife acceptance factor).

Good work :D

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2012, 01:22:26 pm »
Wow,
This app is great. Was sceptical at first, but I love the design, and how simple it is. Finally something that is WAF approved. (wife acceptance factor).

Good work :D

I'll second that too! ... And the WAF effect.
So simple to set up and use.
Would like to see battery status available, but I see that's on the plan.
Don't make it too fancy,
"Less is more".

Only problem I have found is that my rooms all get shown as "Downstairs" sometimes, but revert to correct names once I restart the app.

AKB
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2012, 07:42:25 am »
Don't make it too fancy,
"Less is more".
I like how bells and whistles can be enabled/disabled.

Only problem I have found is that my rooms all get shown as "Downstairs" sometimes, but revert to correct names once I restart the app.
Yeah, I've seen that too. Didn't find a good recipe to reproduce it. Haven't seen it with v1.2 yet (but did try to look for it, by cruising through the rooms for a while).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:44:23 am by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline intveltr

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2012, 08:02:50 am »
If the problem with the room names occur, can it be fixed by clicking the "Refresh list" button?

HomeWave keeps a list of rooms, devices etc so it doesn't have to poll Vera for them every time.  Perhaps it loses track of the rooms for some reason an shows a default label (downstairs)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline electricessence

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2012, 04:06:27 pm »
Okay well, I love my homewave, but I've switched to Windows Phone.
Currently using an app called "Grasshopper" which allows you to have devices/scenes on the home screen.

Homewave is still the best app for Vera period.  Wish you would port it. :)

Offline joe144

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2012, 05:03:53 pm »
Hi,
I have a problem with v1.2 with all my security sensors.
I can't anymore "lock the control". If i go into edit mode and select a motion sensor anc click the setup button and choose "Disabled" then press "Ok" and "Save". It won't be disabled. It means that if i click on it, it will arm or bypass it.

If i go back in edit mode i see that the button is "Enabled" and it never save my "Disabled" change.

This was working fine with v1.1 and it seems broken in v1.2.

Is there someone else with the same problem ?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2012, 03:29:03 am »
I'm seeing the same; I'll look into it

Offline Gjones

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2012, 03:34:11 am »
Hi
I’ve been really happy with this App and it’s taken over as my favourite. I'm really liking all the customisation in version 1.2. All of a sudden it has stopped working remotely, I believe also described by another user on the website. I have tried removing the serial no and IP address but it still doesn’t connect.
Vera Mobile is still working fine

Anything else I can try?