We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 128083 times)

Offline intveltr

Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2012, 06:13:43 am »
If you are not on your home Wifi, HomeWave cannot rediscover the serial number and IP address automatically; you'll have to fill them in manually.  If you are still on the go, log in at http://www.micasaverde.com to obtain your unit's serial nr. and IP.

MiOS uses two servers, and I noticed that not always the same server is active.  HomeWave sometimes takes a while to pick up the switch (this is fixed in the next version), so fill in the right details again and give it a minute or so to connect.  If it's still broken, let me know!
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Gjones

Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2012, 06:36:44 am »
Hi intveltr
Thanks for getting back to me
I've removed IP and serial no.  Closed app added back in the serial no and IP but the app still fails to connect.

Should I removed the username and password and re enter.
Thanks

Offline intveltr

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2012, 06:41:40 am »
Yes, please try re-entering the username and password for MiOS.  Is it connecting correctly on WiFi?
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Gjones

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2012, 06:55:07 am »
I'm away from home at the moment so not able to check on local wifi.

I've removed all the connection settings and re-entered.

The red cloud symbol stays on but does appear to connect as none the data updates.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2012, 07:36:34 am »
No idea why it would fail to connect, especially if the website and other apps still work.  Please mail me at homewave@intvelt.com if the problem persists, and perhaps we can diagnose the problem further.

Which version of the firmware are you on?

Offline djs73

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2012, 08:55:52 am »
I have the same 'problem'. Local is fine, remote won't connect. Not really an issue for me but might help bugtracking.

Offline Gjones

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2012, 09:24:31 am »
looks like this may be a more general problem. Someone else has reported a similar issue with Automator.app. I am seeing the same issue with Automator.app on my iphone not connecting remotely
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12639.0.html

Offline intveltr

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2012, 09:40:55 am »
That's a relief, sort of :)

Mine was fine half an hour ago, but now it is failing for me as well.  I've run the program through the debugger and see the following:
- connecting to sta1.mios.com to find the Vera's active MiOS server.  Times out (the response actually does come in later)
- since sta1 failed, it connects to the last known IP address and times out (naturally, when on 3G)
- tries fwd1.mios.com and times out
- tried fwd2.mios.com and times out

I've sent the data request command to both fwd1 and fwd2 manually (from the browser), and both time out or return without any data.  Looks like there's an issue at MiOS.

Offline Gjones

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2012, 09:52:33 am »
Would you consider exposing primary and secondary server/port settings in future versions so we are not relying on the mios servers with a router port forward in place.

Thanks

Offline intveltr

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2012, 10:02:23 am »
Great idea, adding it to the list

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2012, 01:20:16 am »
How do I delete saved screens entirely?

After some experimenting, I have ended up with some unwanted screens on the save/load list and I can't see how to get rid of them.

Thanks for any guidance!

AKB
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2012, 08:19:54 am »
That is not (yet) possible from within the app.  To delete files from Dropbox, log in on their website and delete the files in the Apps folder.  To delete files from your phone, connect it to iTunes, go to the Apps tab and scroll down, you can access the files belonging to HomeWave there

Offline djs73

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2012, 06:19:48 pm »
Would you consider exposing primary and secondary server/port settings in future versions so we are not relying on the mios servers with a router port forward in place.

Thanks

+1

That would make things much more reliable

Offline Radjin

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2012, 09:36:09 pm »
This is looking good.  Some questions.  Can one build a display to see the status of a whole room at once?  Lights, doors, motion?

The answer is yes. I figured it out.

How about working with a DSC alarm system, arm, disarm ect. 

Yes again, I can see all my sensors.

Only problems:

1. Does not seem to work with my 2Gig thermostat and wants to convert to metric.
2. My alarm arm/disarm scenes do not work. (All other scenes work)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 12:08:27 am by Radjin »

Offline intveltr

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2012, 05:35:58 am »
1) Go to the phone's Settings app, scroll down to the HomeWave icon: there you can access the app's system settings.  There is an option to select Fahrenheit  (No conversion takes place, only the unit changes)

2) That's odd; HomeWave doesn't do anything with the contents of a scene, and runs all scenes in the same way.  How do these scenes fail?
  - The scene does not run at all on Vera, or
  - The scene runs but the ring on the button in HomeWave remains grey.
The latter is due to a deficiency in the way HomeWave handles job confirmations (i.e. it doesn't...)   Will be fixed in a future release.