We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera  (Read 128103 times)

Offline Radjin

Re: Introducing HomeWave: an easy-to-use remote control app for Vera
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2012, 07:16:42 am »
1) Go to the phone's Settings app, scroll down to the HomeWave icon: there you can access the app's system settings.  There is an option to select Fahrenheit  (No conversion takes place, only the unit changes)

2) That's odd; HomeWave doesn't do anything with the contents of a scene, and runs all scenes in the same way.  How do these scenes fail?
  - The scene does not run at all on Vera, or
  - The scene runs but the ring on the button in HomeWave remains grey.
The latter is due to a deficiency in the way HomeWave handles job confirmations (i.e. it doesn't...)   Will be fixed in a future release.

Thank you for the temperature setting, I missed it in the app because for some reason it had also changed in my other app and in the MIOS interface.

I was going to update my previous post, I reinstalled the scene buttons and they started working perfectly.  I got created with the scene as these two buttons arm and disarm my alarm. I set them up so the button that was active (arm if disarmed and disarmed if armed) had a green circle. It changed just as planned with the one but not the other. Not sure why it only worked only one. I made sure every setting was the same for both except color.

Other then that I find this app fantastic. I can create a page showing all my lights, a page with all power, one with my entire alarm sensors and so on. maybe some way to dynamically adjust text size would help.

Does choosing any color, (red on vs red alarm) have any affect on things at all?

Feature request: iCloud automated syncing. For some reason it keeps crating more versions of the backup file in dropbox and I have to go in and delete the old one.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:21:09 am by Radjin »

Offline ALSto

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2012, 07:01:13 pm »
Any plans for a Droid version?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2012, 07:08:23 pm »
Any plans for a Droid version?

Vague plans only at the time, though the new display code added for the iPad version should make it easier to accommodate different Android screen sizes. My main problem at the moment is time :)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline jorisdekloris

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2012, 07:00:41 am »
Wauw! Great app!

Offline MDoc

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2012, 09:10:10 am »
Enjoying the App so far.

I can't seem to get it to see my Nest Thermostat?  When I try to add it, it only displays the grey list of rooms bot no selection for my thermostat?  Should it support the Nest?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2012, 10:34:15 am »
It doesn't support the Nest yet (only the current private beta version does, sort of)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline MDoc

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2012, 10:38:41 am »
Ok thanks... Let us know when it does.  I'd be glad to help to test it.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2013, 05:46:46 am »
I just wanted to update this thread since posting in it months ago.  Yesterday, I took some time to play with the newest version of HomeWave, and as a result, it's become my iOS Vera app of choice.  Nice job.  I had also gifted it to my wife several months ago & never installed it on her iPhone...  well, yesterday, I did.  She gives it the thumbs-up.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline intveltr

« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2013, 06:40:48 am »
Nice to hear :)

Offline MDoc

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2013, 09:13:09 am »
Thanks for adding Nest!  Works great.

Offline Gommasch

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2013, 08:12:06 am »
Bought the app but shouldn't have. It doesn't support the virtual switch of which our system uses quite many to simplify the gui for the users.  :'(

Offline intveltr

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2013, 08:47:56 am »
Bought the app but shouldn't have. It doesn't support the virtual switch of which our system uses quite many to simplify the gui for the users.  :'(

The current version does support the "Virtual ON/OFF Switches" plugin as well as the combination switch. 

The upcoming version has a different way of examining devices and will support a much wider range of devices and plugins.  What kind of virtual switches are you using?  I'll check and make sure the next version supports them.

Offline Gommasch

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2013, 08:58:05 am »
The "Virtual ON/OFF Switches"

Offline intveltr

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2013, 09:08:32 am »
These are supported! 

When you add an On /Off control in HomeWave (in edit mode, select an empty square and click (+), then select the On/Off switch control type), all your switches should appear in the list, including the virtual ones.  If they don't, would you mind sending me your configuration dump? (visit http://a.b.c.d:3480/data_request?id=user_data2&output_format=json   where a.b.c.d is the IP address of your Vera).

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2013, 09:27:19 am »
Appears to be user error.  I don't ever remember having problems setting up my virtual switches (AWAY MODE and GUEST MODE).
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG