Author Topic: Beta started!  (Read 41580 times)

Offline frichter09

Re: Beta started!
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2012, 08:38:06 pm »
Hi Intveltr,

Would it be possible to implement some kind of visual feedback after a device was polled manully?
Lets say, device turns green for a sec if poll was successful?  8)

Flo
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline intveltr

« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2012, 04:30:13 pm »
New build posted, with French and German localization
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2012, 10:07:49 am »
Would it be possible to implement some kind of visual feedback after a device was polled manully?
Lets say, device turns green for a sec if poll was successful?  8)

This involves monitoring messages about pending jobs for devices (and scenes), and requires some additional code.  It could be added at a later time (similar to the thingy in UI5 that indicates success / failure to poll or send messages to the device)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline jtmoore

« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2012, 01:47:04 pm »
Hi intveltr.

Is there a way to clear the configuration. The Home screen has gone wrong and I've got unwanted control screens of odd sizes that keep shrinking when I try to move them. I've got 13 controls I want to keep and 3 weird ones that I can't control. I think I need bite the bullet and clear the whole configuration and start to configure again. I'll try an attach screen shot to better explain what I mean.

Can you suggest the best way to clear the configuration (e.g. delete and reinstall the app), or do you have a way to remove or resize and reposition the erroneous controls?

Thanks.

jtmoore.
jtmoore

Offline intveltr

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2012, 02:19:02 pm »
Heh, how did you manage that?

There was a bug that caused this, but only with certain Z-wave controls.  Not sure how it can happen on the home screen.  Unfortunately there is no way (yet) to restore these buttons to their proper function, you'll have to delete the app to wipe the settings.  I recommend that you pull the latest build from Testflight before rebuilding your config (seems you're a few versions behind); the fix that I applied earlier might prevent the issue from occurring on the Home screen as well.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:23:20 pm by intveltr »

Offline TommyE

« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2012, 05:18:25 pm »
Hello

I'm wondering if you can elaborate on one thing?

When I go out the house and switch from wifi to 3g it takes a little while for the app to 'understand' that is is on 3g.
This is probably 'normal', but I have the feeling it was much faster at doing this in the first betas?

Also:
I have opened my firewall on port 3480 for vera and put in official ip adress in HomeWave settings.

But after a while the settings in homewave is set back to Vera's LAN ip adress.

I would love Vera to connect to my ip and not thru any MIOS services.

Is this possible?

Regards
Tommy

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2012, 06:19:58 am »
... and the DSC Alarm panel plugin would be great. 

I second this request for DSC alarm panel plugin support. 

And thanks again for this app!

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
Beta started!
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2012, 10:23:48 am »
... and the DSC Alarm panel plugin would be great. 

I second this request for DSC alarm panel plugin support. 

And thanks again for this app!

Will be' great also the supporti of Powermax alarm plug in!

Thanks
Great app
Matteo

Offline simdude

« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2012, 05:26:24 pm »
Any word from Apple on approval time? I know 2-3 weeks has been normal but I was hoping they improved this a bit.

Edit:

Never mind. It was just released!!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:31:40 pm by simdude »

Offline sdittoc

« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2012, 08:28:15 pm »
The app looks great it is so nice to be able to customize the screens to fit your needs.   I have the Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007 thermostat.  I have noticed that when i change the temperature the unit stops following the schedule.  I can turn the unit on, off, and set to auto but, nothing I do puts it back on schedule.  Any help or suggestions would be great.

thanks,
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:42:20 am by sdittoc »

Offline sdittoc

« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2012, 09:16:08 pm »
Not sure if we should post questions about the app in the beta area now that the app is out....  When I use the app to unlock my Schlage door lock it unlocks and after 5 seconds locks (which is normal for the schlage locks).  Just wanted to note that the app status shows the lock unlock within a couple of seconds.  It takes another couple of minutes to show that it is locked. 

Offline electricessence

« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2012, 01:24:02 pm »

Offline intveltr

« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2012, 01:35:01 pm »

When I go out the house and switch from wifi to 3g it takes a little while for the app to 'understand' that is is on 3g.
This is probably 'normal', but I have the feeling it was much faster at doing this in the first betas?

Also:
I have opened my firewall on port 3480 for vera and put in official ip adress in HomeWave settings.
But after a while the settings in homewave is set back to Vera's LAN ip adress.

I would love Vera to connect to my ip and not thru any MIOS services.

I did make a change at some point in the way the app figures out if it's on the LAN or on 3G. I'll have to take another look at this bit of code; I feel it can be improved further (and connection speed is certainly a top priority).  Network state machines (the bit of code that tracks what kind of connection you have and figures out what to do in case of errors) are notoriously tricky. :(

HomeWave will update the IP address when the MIOS discovery thingy reports a different one.  This is done because in most cases Vera won't have a fixed IP address on the LAN.  I'll add an option to suppress this

Offline intveltr

« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2012, 01:36:38 pm »
Now that the app is released, please post any issues or requests in separate threads on this board. Thanks!