Author Topic: Question for those also with HomeSeer experience  (Read 4273 times)

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
Re: Question for those also with HomeSeer experience
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2018, 03:31:17 pm »
#1. You can select if you want to include either in Secure or un-Secure Inclusion.
I (and probably many others) assume that this is to be able to include a Secure device as non-secure, but I think it is more complicated as there is Security ( before S2) and S2 Security which requires exchanging security keys. I don't have the definitive answer and also suggest to ask on the HS forum.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline rafale77

Re: Question for those also with HomeSeer experience
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 12:26:15 pm »
#1. You can select if you want to include either in Secure or un-Secure Inclusion.
I (and probably many others) assume that this is to be able to include a Secure device as non-secure, but I think it is more complicated as there is Security ( before S2) and S2 Security which requires exchanging security keys. I don't have the definitive answer and also suggest to ask on the HS forum.

It isn?t quite for this purpose. Actually unlike vera, homeassistant already enables you to chose to include securely or un-securely any device. It is a different call to the zwave chip. The vera just switches to non secure when secure fails without any user intervention.

The purpose for this question is to see if I can use Homeseer with other controllers securely. Without this, Homeseer cannot be added to my network as a secondary controller and have the ability to control my secure class devices. I currently have 3 controllers (I had four) on my network. One Zway, I am using as a tool to view and setup associations, the other is Homeassistant HUBZB which I am using as my SUC/SIS master (because that stick?s firmware apparently refuses to be a secondary controller) and the vera as a secondary zwave but through which I run all my controls. The other two were setup as potential alternate device bridge solution.
Z-way is failing to meet my needs because of its lack of secure class key setting. It is supposed to get the key through a secure inclusion to the primary but it fails. It is otherwise a very nice controller with a lot of plugins, multi platform (linux, windows, 32 and 64bit) for much less than Homeseer but it?s support notably from community is very far behind.
Homeassistant/openzwave could be the final solution. It supports the manual security key input but doesn?t offer the same level of control of the network as z-way and Homeseer from what I can see. It?s community is growing. It has an API, which I am currently using with openLuup but I am short of a plugin for full integration.
Considering Homeseer but it sounds to me for now that it would be just another z-way. Much more expensive but better supported.
Thank you all for the answers.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!