Author Topic: SRT31 Cannot contact device  (Read 863 times)

Offline Catman

SRT31 Cannot contact device
« on: November 10, 2018, 02:25:02 am »
Hi all

Sorry I only ever come here to ask for help as opposed to contribute :( . Latests issues I'm having with my SRT321 thermostat.

LastNote="Cannot contact device, error code: 1" Node="12" NodeType="ZWaveThermostat" NodeDescription="Thermostat"/>

Sometimes this means the heating does not come on or go off when we're expecting it to (my scenes turn the temperature down when the system goes into 'Away' mode and overnight, then back up when we come home or in the morning'

The unit is only about 15 feet away from Vera, direct line of sight.

Wakeup interval is 300s, polling is 150s

FWIW I have a similar problem with a FGMS-001 but that's far less critical and further away.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

C

Offline Ionut S

• The handler
  • Global Moderator
  • A Tribute to Dedicated Insanity
Re: SRT31 Cannot contact device
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 06:49:31 am »
Hi,

This seems to be a communication issue mostly despite the fact that the device is close enough to the controller. However, how is the device behaving? Shows this error message at times or it's like a permanent tattoo? Would be great if you could email us regarding this issue so we could look into it properly.

Please use your unit's assigned email if possible, also, please Enable Tech Support on your controller before emailing us and include the Tech Support string into that email.

To enable TS please go to: Settings -> Customer Care -> Enable.

Our support email is: support@getvera.com

If you are set on fixing this on your own, you might want to check the communication directly (not through Scenes) by changing the State of your device(SRT321) from Vera's Dashboard and then from the Thermostat Itself.

Also, you could try to move the Controller or Thermostat closer if possible, in case that the communication was partially lost due to z-wave network changes (add/remove nodes) the communication will be restored if those devices are brought closer to each other.

I'm waiting for your updates! Have a good one!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:42:23 am by Sorin »
Slow and steady till' you're ready.
- Customer Care -

Offline Catman

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 03:23:11 am »
Thanks I'll send to tech support as well but in answer to some of your questions:

This is an intermittent fault.  Although consistently intermittent. So *most* of the time if I update the temperature setting from the Vera interface, the command reaches the thermostat. I'd estimate about a 5% failure rate.

There have been 1500 instances of that error in the log since 10/8 until this morning.

I can't really move the units closer together as it'll be in the middle of our entrance hall.  No idea if this error has always been present, but it's certainly there in the oldest log I have (August)

The only addition / removal of nodes were some distance away, in another direction (North as opposed to east) but I have also executed 'Update Neighbour Nodes'

Cheers

C

Offline ejmm22

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 08:28:15 pm »
Thanks I'll send to tech support as well but in answer to some of your questions:

This is an intermittent fault.  Although consistently intermittent. So *most* of the time if I update the temperature setting from the Vera interface, the command reaches the thermostat. I'd estimate about a 5% failure rate.

There have been 1500 instances of that error in the log since 10/8 until this morning.

I can't really move the units closer together as it'll be in the middle of our entrance hall.  No idea if this error has always been present, but it's certainly there in the oldest log I have (August)

The only addition / removal of nodes were some distance away, in another direction (North as opposed to east) but I have also executed 'Update Neighbour Nodes'

Cheers

C
Hi Catman
Were you able to resolve this issue?
I have the same problem and had no luck with support, please let me know, i have not been able to use my zwave network for months now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Catman

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 03:51:06 am »
Just on the SRT31, or all over?

Cheers

C