We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Beta started!  (Read 42960 times)

Offline intveltr

Re: Beta started!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 08:28:06 am »
Quite every things is working, but I cannot see working my door sensor (eversrping) and my windows sensor (AEON). I can just see a '--' in the status.

Alarm sensors (motion, water, smoke, doors etc) show "---" when not tripped, and "tripped" + a red ring when tripped (see attached image, and yes, I have water in my crawlspace :( ).  Perhaps "ok" would be a better default.

Note that you can change this yourself: select the control and click the spanner, then modify the "text shown when off" field.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline TommyE

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 09:07:38 am »

Quote from: intveltr
Good idea, I'll add it to the list.  a PIN could be added to the whole app, or a certain screen, or to specific controls (similar to the current optional confirmation popup).  What do you think would be best?

At first I thought of the whole app beeing protected by a PIN, but when you mention it, I can see that all three possibilites would have different uses, and if one can wish I'd pick all three. :) If only two then app, and then specific controls. If only one then the whole app.

I also saw you mention more custom graphics for the buttons. Don't know if it would be possible to enter an URL in the app and then have the app fetch the custom graphics from the desired URL?

Regards
TommyE

Offline davidd1205

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 09:41:27 am »
against by the spm103 are not considered as sensors against the sp103 work very well and the ezmotion
Do you mean that the SPM103 does not appear in the list of sensors in HomeWave?  What kind of sensor is this, I could not find any reference to it?

and it's possible to personalyze the message in the ask control ?
Good suggestion, I'll add it to the to-do list.

a question for me would be the ultimate weapon, provides you a geolocation to start a scene at a particular location

I'm currently looking into the options for keeping iPhone apps awake in the background to do this sort of thing. 

Thanks for the feedback!

i'm confused
that's a SM103
http://www.domadoo.fr/produit,1908,1,EVERSPRING--Capteur-d-ouverture-Z-Wave-SM103.htm

my five sm103 not appear in the list of device

thanks David

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 09:49:33 am »
Quite every things is working, but I cannot see working my door sensor (eversrping) and my windows sensor (AEON). I can just see a '--' in the status.

Alarm sensors (motion, water, smoke, doors etc) show "---" when not tripped, and "tripped" + a red ring when tripped (see attached image, and yes, I have water in my crawlspace :( ).  Perhaps "ok" would be a better default.

Note that you can change this yourself: select the control and click the spanner, then modify the "text shown when off" field.

I have just seen the 'Tripped' status. Zes, I believe that a green ok will be much better.

Thank you for the prompt feedback

Offline frichter09

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 10:31:56 am »
Hi!

First of all, thank you very much for this excellent app.
I have been using Automator and iVera.
Anyways, this is what I think about HomeWave so far:

The app works great over WIFI and 3G, the app seems to be running very stable. One of my biggest suggestions is about the color scheme. I know that you just released a new version to address this however I do not see any possibility to also change the background color in your app. Black is just a little bit tot dark :) Do you think you can add this feature?

Also, I have 3 door locks (actually two Kwiksets and one using the Woobsy Plugin) which are not showing up. Besides my door locks, my thermostat (CT-30) and camera do not show up in the list either.

I love the way you actually swipe the individual controls. However, when sliding from one page to another, I often activate lights, scenes, etc. by accident. I am not sure if other users agree here but it might be helpful to add two little arrows to allow swiping through the individual pages. Or maybe a bar on the buttom of the app that you can click on to get to your individual pages? Or maybe a bar users can activate if they feel they need it? As I said I am activating scenes etc. by accident when navigating through the pages - that is also true for my wife :)

I have a lot of dimmers at home and another thing I am suggesting is to always display the % of load - not only when you are actually  interacting with the app. You could also allow the user to decide what type of info each circle should display when the app is idle. (EDIT: I see this is available in the latest beta - thanks!)

Speaking of the circles, it also might be a good idea to chance the icon for scenes (or let users decide what type of icon to use). In my layout I usually have the dimmers and switches on the left side of the screen and some scenes on the right side. It would be nice if the scene icon would look slightly different so users get a better idea between the actuall physical switch, dimmer etc. and the programmed scene.... just a thought.

Anyways, thanks again for this great app and I am looking forward to testing the upcoming releases for sure. Also, if you need someone in the future  to translate this app from English to German...let me know. :)

Flo
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:04:11 pm by frichter09 »
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 11:01:02 am »
intveltr,

As another developer, I wanted to say great work!

- Garrett

Offline knewmania

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 12:42:00 pm »
App looks great. I really like the flexibility in setup and configuration. Opens up a lot of possibilities.

-Is the supporting documentation in the works? I would be happy to assist if you need help with that.

-I have several Fortrezz WWA-02 water/temp sensors. Are/will these be supported? I attempted to set these up but they don't appear when selecting either Sensor Indicator or Sensor Measurement.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback.
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline intveltr

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 02:27:45 pm »
One of my biggest suggestions is about the color scheme. I know that you just released a new version to address this however I do not see any possibility to also change the background color in your app. Black is just a little bit tot dark :) Do you think you can add this feature?

This is definitely planned, though it may take some time as it requires a nasty extra screen.  Currently, you can specify control colors from a set of predefined "functional" colors i.e. Yes, No, Active, Inactive, Alarm, etc.  In the future, you will be able to change those predefined colors as well.

Also, I have 3 door locks (actually two Kwiksets and one using the Woobsy Plugin) which are not showing up. Besides my door locks, my thermostat (CT-30) and camera do not show up in the list either.

Door locks & cameras are not supported yet, I'll come to that a bit further on in the pilot :)   The thermostat not showing is a surprise.  Did you check both under Thermostats and Sensor Measurements (for heat setpoint & reported ambient temperature)?

I love the way you actually swipe the individual controls. However, when sliding from one page to another, I often activate lights, scenes, etc. by accident. I am not sure if other users agree here but it might be helpful to add two little arrows to allow swiping through the individual pages.

Good to know this!  The trick is to make long swipes; if you touch a control and then move off it, the control will not react (except dimmers / thermostats).  But the title bar in Operate mode has enough room for left/right/home buttons, I can add these as an option.

Speaking of the circles, it also might be a good idea to chance the icon for scenes (or let users decide what type of icon to use). In my layout I usually have the dimmers and switches on the left side of the screen and some scenes on the right side. It would be nice if the scene icon would look slightly different so users get a better idea between the actuall physical switch, dimmer etc. and the programmed scene.... just a thought.

Anyone have a good suggestion for an icon for scene buttons, let me know! :)

Anyways, thanks again for this great app and I am looking forward to testing the upcoming releases for sure. Also, if you need someone in the future  to translate this app from English to German...let me know. :)

Thanks for the offer & feedback! :)

-Is the supporting documentation in the works? I would be happy to assist if you need help with that.

Should be forthcoming soon.

-I have several Fortrezz WWA-02 water/temp sensors. Are/will these be supported? I attempted to set these up but they don't appear when selecting either Sensor Indicator or Sensor Measurement.

I'll look into this (I might have a Fortrezz thingy lying around).  Out of curiosity, how does the Fortrezz show up?  Is it a single device, or 2 devices (each with their own Vera device ID)?
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline frichter09

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 03:22:04 pm »
One of my biggest suggestions is about the color scheme. I know that you just released a new version to address this however I do not see any possibility to also change the background color in your app. Black is just a little bit tot dark :) Do you think you can add this feature?

This is definitely planned, though it may take some time as it requires a nasty extra screen.  Currently, you can specify control colors from a set of predefined "functional" colors i.e. Yes, No, Active, Inactive, Alarm, etc.  In the future, you will be able to change those predefined colors as well.
Thanks! I dont mind an extra screen to change the black background color, haha.

Door locks & cameras are not supported yet, I'll come to that a bit further on in the pilot :)   The thermostat not showing is a surprise.  Did you check both under Thermostats and Sensor Measurements (for heat setpoint & reported ambient temperature)?

Just re-checked everything. My T-stat is nowehere to be seen. Also the camera is not working but I think that this is normal at this point, right?

I love the way you actually swipe the individual controls. However, when sliding from one page to another, I often activate lights, scenes, etc. by accident. I am not sure if other users agree here but it might be helpful to add two little arrows to allow swiping through the individual pages.

Good to know this!  The trick is to make long swipes; if you touch a control and then move off it, the control will not react (except dimmers / thermostats).  But the title bar in Operate mode has enough room for left/right/home buttons, I can add these as an option.

Thanks for the tip. Its just something I might have to get used to :) Yeah, the modified title bar would be nice to have for sure.

Anyone have a good suggestion for an icon for scene buttons, let me know! :)

How about not the round circle but a square around the text?

Thanks for the offer & feedback! :)

Anytime!

Should be forthcoming soon.

I'll look into this (I might have a Fortrezz thingy lying around).  Out of curiosity, how does the Fortrezz show up?  Is it a single device, or 2 devices (each with their own Vera device ID)?
[/quote]
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline frichter09

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 03:25:48 pm »
I found another thing.

I have some scenes set up with luup code to poll my battery operated devices.

When I execute the scene I do not get any feedback wether the scene ran successfully.
The icon color changes from blue to grey. I assume it should change to white after the scene ran?
Please see attached screenshot.

Flo

Offline intveltr

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 04:13:29 pm »
When I execute the scene I do not get any feedback wether the scene ran successfully.
The icon color changes from blue to grey. I assume it should change to white after the scene ran?

I noticed that in some cases, scene feedback is a bit iffy.  Not sure if it's a Vera issue or something in my code; I'll investigate. 
The ring turns white if Vera considers the scene to be "active", which usually means that all devices in the scene have been set correctly.  If you have Luup code in your scene, the "active" statue may not be quite what you'd expect (in which case, you can tell HomeWave not to show active scenes, in which case the ring will always be blue or grey).

Offline knewmania

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 04:15:36 pm »

The WWA-02 device shows up as a single device in UI5. It shows temperature and has water leak notification options. See attached.
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline frichter09

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 04:17:33 pm »
Thanks!
I might change it to do not show active scene for now.
Flo

Offline TommyE

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 06:47:56 am »
An idea for the coming camera support.

I have a camera in my garage, and I also have a trigger on the garagedoor so that I can see whether it is open or closed.

What could be nice is to have the sensor information overlap the picture from the camera, or maybe just draw a red or green border around the camerapicture to
show whether the garagedoor sensor is triggered or not.

Also, if you want a Norwegian translation at some point I'm ready.

Regards
TommyE
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:57:40 am by TommyE »

Offline intveltr

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 08:01:53 am »
New build has been posted.  Please let me know if the following devices now work:
- Fortress WWA02 temp/water sensor: both leak detector and temp reading should work, but you'll need to add two controls to get both.
- CT30 Thermostat (and others): Only supports heat setpoint and current temperature as yet.
- Door sensors (Everspring SM103)

Scene status has been modified slightly: the scene control will go from grey (unknown) to blue or white on <i>any</i> message from Vera about this scene.  Effectively, this means you will get confirmation that Vera received your request to run the scene, not that it actually ran to completion.

The default caption for untripped alarm sensors is now "ok".  This only applies to newly added controls; your existing controls will not be changed.