We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Beta started!  (Read 43130 times)

Offline Intrepid

Re: Beta started!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 08:21:00 am »
Great work. 

I've only tested dimmers, switches (physical and binary), and scenes so far.

Regarding the control icons, basically I see blue when off and white when on.

1. switches seem to work intuitively; blue=off, white=on.

2. Scenes toggle between blue and white.  I have an "all inside lights off' scene.  First run, icon goes blue, next run, icon goes white.  The color toggle for a scene does not tell me anything.  Maybe scenes should not toggle their color?

3.  Dimmers keep a 3/4 blue circle all the time.  The left 1/4 is either white for the  partial dim %, or black/blank for the undimmed %.  And seeing the blue ring on the other 3/4 looks like the dimmer is off at a glance.   I don't have an answer, but this piece of UI seems a little confusing.

Offline davidd1205

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 08:25:54 am »
New build has been posted.  Please let me know if the following devices now work:
- Fortress WWA02 temp/water sensor: both leak detector and temp reading should work, but you'll need to add two controls to get both.
- CT30 Thermostat (and others): Only supports heat setpoint and current temperature as yet.
- Door sensors (Everspring SM103)

Scene status has been modified slightly: the scene control will go from grey (unknown) to blue or white on <i>any</i> message from Vera about this scene.  Effectively, this means you will get confirmation that Vera received your request to run the scene, not that it actually ran to completion.

The default caption for untripped alarm sensors is now "ok".  This only applies to newly added controls; your existing controls will not be changed.

yes i 'have installed and my sm103 works very well
tjhank you

i have a bug sometimes with enter the text on the off label but impossible
my solution enter in the case of the on label and after in the case of the off

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 08:27:54 am »
The version #5 is working correctly.

I didn't understood the support for door sensor. It was not already included with the Status Sensor?

Question: for the door/sensor is possible to see if they are tripped or not. How can I arm and bypass and check the status? Maybe clicking on it?

Thanks
Matteo

Offline knewmania

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 08:43:39 am »
New build has been posted.  Please let me know if the following devices now work:
- Fortress WWA02 temp/water sensor: both leak detector and temp reading should work, but you'll need to add two controls to get both.

I still don't see either of my WWA-02 devices when using either the Sensor Indicator or Sensor Measurement control.
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline intveltr

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 09:04:37 am »
2. Scenes toggle between blue and white.  I have an "all inside lights off' scene.  First run, icon goes blue, next run, icon goes white.  The color toggle for a scene does not tell me anything.  Maybe scenes should not toggle their color?

Scenes are white when Vera reports them as "active", which usually means that all devices are set as ordered.  This can be disabled in cases where the "active" state doesn't make much sense: go into the scene's settings and turn "Show Scene State" off.

3.  Dimmers keep a 3/4 blue circle all the time.  The left 1/4 is either white for the  partial dim %, or black/blank for the undimmed %.  And seeing the blue ring on the other 3/4 looks like the dimmer is off at a glance.   I don't have an answer, but this piece of UI seems a little confusing.

That dimmer gadget works best on large dimmer controls.  You can turn it off: go into the dimmer's settings, and turn "Light level bar" off, then enable "Light level text" if you want to see the power % instead.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2012, 09:06:35 am »
yes i 'have installed and my sm103 works very well
tjhank you

i have a bug sometimes with enter the text on the off label but impossible
my solution enter in the case of the on label and after in the case of the off

Good to hear about the SM103.  I noticed the bug with the Off text field as well, will look into it!
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2012, 09:10:58 am »
I didn't understood the support for door sensor. It was not already included with the Status Sensor?

The status sensor supported it, but the filter for the list of devices you can link to it did not include the DoorSensor device type, so these devices weren't selectable.  A simple configuration file change did the trick.

Question: for the door/sensor is possible to see if they are tripped or not. How can I arm and bypass and check the status? Maybe clicking on it?

Arm/Bypass is not supported yet.  (will add to the list)

Offline intveltr

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2012, 09:20:40 am »
I still don't see either of my WWA-02 devices when using either the Sensor Indicator or Sensor Measurement control.

Strange.  Could you go into the Vera GUI please, and do the following:
1) open the settings for one of the WWA-02 devices.
2) go to the Advanced tab
3) copy the value next to device_type and paste it here.

Thanks!

Offline knewmania

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2012, 09:45:37 am »
Strange.  Could you go into the Vera GUI please, and do the following:
1) open the settings for one of the WWA-02 devices.
2) go to the Advanced tab
3) copy the value next to device_type and paste it here.

As requested:

urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:TempLeakSensor:1
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline intveltr

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2012, 10:02:38 am »
urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:TempLeakSensor:1

Right... the Wiki specifies urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:TemperatureLeakSensor:1, which is why the app doesn't pick it up.  Hopefully it will be fixed in the next build.

Offline Dolphran

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2012, 10:55:01 am »
Just got the beta running.  My first thought is that plugin support will be a key factor for me. Support for the 3M-50 Thermostat plugin, and the DSC Alarm panel plugin would be great.   Most importantly though, I think it needs support for the Virtual Switch plugin.  This would allow an access point to other unsupported plugins via setups on the Vera.  Is this planned?

Offline frichter09

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2012, 11:28:31 am »
Gooood morning.
Thanks for the new build.
I can add my CT-30 Thermostat now, however I do not get any info on it.

See attached screenshot.
Any thoughts?

Flo
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2012, 03:01:27 pm »

That dimmer gadget works best on large dimmer controls.  You can turn it off: go into the dimmer's settings, and turn "Light level bar" off, then enable "Light level text" if you want to see the power % instead.

Ahh, I like that better.  Thanks.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2012, 06:51:15 pm »
Just got the beta running.  My first thought is that plugin support will be a key factor for me. Support for the 3M-50 Thermostat plugin, and the DSC Alarm panel plugin would be great.   Most importantly though, I think it needs support for the Virtual Switch plugin.  This would allow an access point to other unsupported plugins via setups on the Vera.  Is this planned?

Did you try virtual switches?  I have several though I added them manually rather than install the plugin, but the end result should be the same.  Vera presents these as real devices, and they should show up as any other swith in HomeWave.

For any plugin: if it defines the same uPnP interface as regular Vera devices, HomeWave won't know the difference.  I am planning support for devices that fall outside the regular Vera definitions (by allowing you to add custom definitions); the supporting framework is there in the software, but there's no GUI for it yet. 

Offline intveltr

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2012, 06:56:20 pm »
Gooood morning.
Thanks for the new build.
I can add my CT-30 Thermostat now, however I do not get any info on it.

Not sure why that is... perhaos there's a slight difference between the data structure of device:HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1 and device:Heater:1 (the latter is what I have).  Both are defined in the uPnP standard so I can look it up even without having access to an actual thermostat like yours.  If that doesn't give me a clue, I'll add a simple debugging window to the app to log what is going on, so you can send me those details.

By the way, did you try getting the temperature measurement from the thermostat (using a "Sensor measurement" control)?

That reminds me... I need to add a Fahrenheit readout to this thing :)