We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Beta started!  (Read 43135 times)

Offline frichter09

Re: Beta started!
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2012, 07:27:31 pm »
Inveltr,

Am I supposed to turn on and off the thermostat?
If I click on the item nothing happens.
Not sure if that is supposed to behave like this....

Flo
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline intveltr

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2012, 05:29:06 am »
Turning the thermostat on/off is not supported yet.  Thermostat and fan mode will come as separate controls.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2012, 08:04:00 am »
I entered my mios login.  same result.  turned off iPhone wifi, same result.  The spinner stays on the screen about 1/4 second.

I'm sure this is due to my rebuild.  I wouldn't suspect the home wave app if automator and cp.mios.com weren't working, but they are.

Thanks for mailing your JSON dump.  I noticed you have no rooms set up on your Vera, and that is indeed what bugged HomeWave.  The next build will fix this, in the mean time you can just add a room to continue working with the app :)

Ahhh, correct, I have not setup any rooms.  Glad we caught this, as I'm probably an oddball with no rooms on a new build.

edit:  I added a room without moving anything into it and the app works.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:12:56 am by Intrepid »

Offline frichter09

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2012, 06:40:31 pm »
Thanks for the new build!
My D-Link wifi camera is working perfectly.
What is the refresh interval on the cam?

Also, thanks for putting the arrows in the top bar, navigating is much easier now!

If only my locks were supported  ;)

When are you planing to release this version?
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline intveltr

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2012, 07:26:56 pm »
The cam thumbnails refresh once every minute; this interval can be changed in the app settings.  The fullscreen view refreshes continuously.

The plan is to submit Homewave to the app store at the end of August, but the way things are going, I think I will bring that date forward.  The next few builds will wrap up camera support, support for locks, and full support for thermostats.  After that it's mostly polishing and localization.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Minnies

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2012, 07:42:44 pm »
+1 on the arrows.

Still not able to change from C to F. Do I need a thermostat or someting installed?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2012, 07:47:57 pm »
Still not able to change from C to F. Do I need a thermostat or someting installed?

Which devices for displaying and/or setting temperatures have you currently added to HomeWave?  And have you tried re-linking these controls to their corresponding devices in Vera, or tried to delete them and add them again?

Offline Minnies

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2012, 08:00:56 pm »
Relinking did not work. deleting and reinstalling does work. I have a bunch from 3 way sensors to pool temp sensors to Google. Thanks!

Offline frichter09

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2012, 09:23:04 pm »
The cam thumbnails refresh once every minute; this interval can be changed in the app settings.  The fullscreen view refreshes continuously.

The plan is to submit Homewave to the app store at the end of August, but the way things are going, I think I will bring that date forward.  The next few builds will wrap up camera support, support for locks, and full support for thermostats.  After that it's mostly polishing and localization.

I should really start checking the app settings with each new build :)
Concerning your timeline, I agree that this might be pushed forward giving how well things are moving....
Flo

Offline knewmania

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2012, 11:03:27 am »
All 4 of my Foscam camera's are working with the update. Very nice.

Under the Applications Setting, what does the 'Keep iPhone on' feature do?
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline intveltr

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2012, 11:33:12 am »
Under the Applications Setting, what does the 'Keep iPhone on' feature do?

If you enable that, your iPhone will never go to sleep while the app is running.  It's meant for wall-mounted iDevices being used as permanent control panels.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2012, 05:46:50 pm »
Small detail to keep in mind: the app currently assumes that Vera has a fixed IP address.  In normal installations this will often not be the case.  The next build will verify the IP address on every startup.  In the mean time, if the app does not connect to your Vera (or uses MIOS even when on the LAN), then clear the IP address in the settings, and restart the app.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2012, 01:34:13 pm »
A new build has been sent out!   This one adds support for camera panning, as well as support for thermostat cooling setpoint, fan modes etc.

Please test the thermostat stuff thoroughly :)  I don't have a full feature thermostat to try this on.

A few notes on adding the new thermostat controls:
  • After adding a thermostat heat setpoint control, you can change it to control the cooling setpoint by going into the control settings.  You will notice a new item above the label text, titled "Controlling: Heating Temperature".  Click on the blue arrow to change it to Cooling Temperature.
  • Important: existing thermostat controls won't have the option to change the control to Cooling Temperature.  You will have to delete and re-add that control.
  • You can control thermostat mode, fan mode by adding a "Thermostat Settings" control.  Link it to your thermostat.  Then go into the control's settings, and click the "Controlling:... item.  You can select which item you want to manage with this control.

Offline knewmania

« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »
The horizontal panning for my Foscam camera's are reversed using the App. Right moves the camera left, etc. The vertical movement is correct.
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline intveltr

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2012, 06:18:03 am »
The horizontal panning for my Foscam camera's are reversed using the App. Right moves the camera left, etc. The vertical movement is correct.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?  My camera works correctly; it's on the foscam plugin but the cam itself is some weird Chinese knockoff. Maybe they got their wires crossed (literally).