We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Beta started!  (Read 43376 times)

Offline Intrepid

Re: Beta started!
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2012, 07:16:01 am »
The thermostat 'set setpoint' control shows the wrong temp on my Trane.  Left to right on the pic are temperature, fan control, setpoint.  The temp icon is correct 75, the set point temp 55 is incorrect.

Regarding the pulldown swipe to get to main screen, about half the time I end up pulling down the IOS notifications screen instead of the app's navigation to the main screen.  Is it just me or anyone else get this too?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2012, 12:41:34 pm »
Re. The thermostat set point: did you try deleting and then re-adding the control?  (needs to be done only during the beta when a control undergoes fundamental changes)
Also:
- what happens when you change the temperature on the thermostat, or in Vera's UI; does the control change?
- does the thermostat or Vera's UI change when you change the control? (the thermostat might take a few minutes to change)

Re. The swiping: the solution is to start the swipe a bit lower.  The swiping stuff in general is still a bit troublesome, but I'm not sure how to improve it.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2012, 04:10:11 pm »
New build posted:
- App now uses Vera discovery process.  Vera's IP will be updated automatically if it changes.
- Default screen timer added: when specified (in the app's Settings), the app will switch back to the default screen after the specified amount of time has passed without any activity.
- Lock support for opening and closing (experimental).  Locks should currently appear as on/off switches.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2012, 05:11:11 pm »
Re. The thermostat set point: did you try deleting and then re-adding the control?  (needs to be done only during the beta when a control undergoes fundamental changes)
Also:
- what happens when you change the temperature on the thermostat, or in Vera's UI; does the control change?
- does the thermostat or Vera's UI change when you change the control? (the thermostat might take a few minutes to change)

Re. The swiping: the solution is to start the swipe a bit lower.  The swiping stuff in general is still a bit troublesome, but I'm not sure how to improve it.

On the thermostat:

The app shows the thermostat accurately, 76F right now.  The setpoint control shows 55F.

If I adjust the setpoint via the web UI, the app setpoint does not change.  If I adjust the setpoint on the app, the web UI does not change.

I just downloaded the new app, deleted the set point control and re-added.  let me know what else I can try.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2012, 05:40:57 pm »
If I adjust the setpoint via the web UI, the app setpoint does not change.  If I adjust the setpoint on the app, the web UI does not change.

Have you tried adjusting the setpoint in the App, then checking the actual thermostat 5-15 minutes later (and perhaps checking the UI to see if Vera tries to transmit something to the thermostat)? 

Can you go into your thermostats settings in the Vera UI, and check a few things on the Advanced tab please:
- device_type
- device_file

Do other apps control the thermostat correctly?  The app uses the standard uPnP variables for the thermostat, and those work well with both the virtual thermostat device and the RTCOA (WiFi thermostat) plug-in.

Offline frichter09

« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2012, 07:25:28 pm »
If I change the setpoint from within the app it is correctly reflected on the actual thermostat.
I had it once where the thermostat was not reacting but after 1-2 min it was fine...
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline Minnies

« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2012, 08:52:53 pm »
New build posted:- Lock support for opening and closing (experimental).  Locks should currently appear as on/off switches.

Not sure I understand the lock switch function. It does indeed send a signal to lock or unlock the lock. But the status does not reflect the lock status. It seems to toggle with the lock / unlock command, but not reflect the actial status (sending an unlock command to a Schlage does not unlock the lock, it only allows a person present to manually turn the lock).

Offline intveltr

« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2012, 05:11:22 am »
How does the lock control appear in Vera's UI?  Does it show if the lock is "enabled", i.e. the lock will allow someone to manually turn the knob to retract the bolt, or does it show if the bolt is actually retracted, or both?

Sadly I have no locks to test with, so I don't even know how these devices are supposed to behave exactly

Can you actually unlock the door using the app?  I found that the app is using an incorrect Service URL when sending the lock/unlock commands, at least for Kwikset locks.

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2012, 07:02:00 am »

Have you tried adjusting the setpoint in the App, then checking the actual thermostat 5-15 minutes later (and perhaps checking the UI to see if Vera tries to transmit something to the thermostat)? 

Can you go into your thermostats settings in the Vera UI, and check a few things on the Advanced tab please:
- device_type
- device_file

Do other apps control the thermostat correctly?  The app uses the standard uPnP variables for the thermostat, and those work well with both the virtual thermostat device and the RTCOA (WiFi thermostat) plug-in.

device type
urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1

device file
D_HVAC_ZoneThermostat1.xml

automator app works correctly.

Offline knewmania

« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2012, 12:00:47 pm »
New build posted:
- App now uses Vera discovery process.  Vera's IP will be updated automatically if it changes.
- Default screen timer added: when specified (in the app's Settings), the app will switch back to the default screen after the specified amount of time has passed without any activity.
- Lock support for opening and closing (experimental).  Locks should currently appear as on/off switches.

My Foscam camera issue (reversed horizontal controls) seems to be fixed. Did you make a change to resolve that or was the problem mine?

I am able to add my Kwikset locks, and the correct status is displayed. Trying to unlock the lock does not work. I attempt to unlock the lock and the status in the app will change to unlocked (or locked), but the actual lock status doesn't change (the lock doesn't lock or unlock). When I do this process with UI5 open, I can see that some command is sent to the lock.
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline Minnies

« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2012, 12:28:37 pm »
How does the lock control appear in Vera's UI?  Does it show if the lock is "enabled", i.e. the lock will allow someone to manually turn the knob to retract the bolt, or does it show if the bolt is actually retracted, or both?

Sadly I have no locks to test with, so I don't even know how these devices are supposed to behave exactly

Can you actually unlock the door using the app?  I found that the app is using an incorrect Service URL when sending the lock/unlock commands, at least for Kwikset locks.

The lock control show a padlock and indicates if it is closed(locked) or open (unlocked). It relects the status of the deadbolt. The UI is similar to a door sensor except it has a lock/unlock button. When the deadbolt is operated manually the status in Homewave does update. However it is not in synch all of the time.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2012, 03:58:45 pm »
The thermostat 'set setpoint' control shows the wrong temp on my Trane.  Left to right on the pic are temperature, fan control, setpoint.  The temp icon is correct 75, the set point temp 55 is incorrect.

I'm somewhat stumped by this one.   A possible explanation is this: judging from a picture of the Trane thermostat, there is only a single set of up/down buttons for the temperature; the heating and cooling temp are not set by separate buttons.  However, the thermostat does keep separate heating/cooling setpoints internally.

Judging from the Vera config file you sent me earlier, I can see a cooling setpoint in the 70s, heating at 55 (as displayed in the app), and the thermostat in cooling mode.  This could mean that messing with the heating setpoint in the app will not show any change in the thermostat (since it is displaying the cooling setpoint).  Vice versa the same: the thermostat updates the cooling setpoint when you change it, while the app shows the heating setpoint (and doesnt change as a result).  I hope that makes sense...

Can you try the following:
1) Set your thermostat to Heat mode, and change the temperature in the app, as well as in the thermostat itself.
2) Set your thermostat to Cooling mode again, and change the control in the app to control the Cooling setpoint (edit mode, select the thermostat control, click the spanner, click on the blue button next to the "Controlling..." caption.  Then choose Cooling setpoint.  (The displayed setpoint might not change until you touch the thermostat)

In both cases you will hopefully find that the app responds to your thermostat and the other way around.

If so, it might mean that I'll have to add a third option for the thermostat spinner control: one that controls the setpoint according to the heat/cool mode of the thermostat.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:32:05 pm by intveltr »

Offline intveltr

« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2012, 03:59:41 pm »
My Foscam camera issue (reversed horizontal controls) seems to be fixed. Did you make a change to resolve that or was the problem mine?

I did.  Code-wise it made more sense to reverse the actions, and I am trusting your Foscam more than my own knockoff :)

Offline intveltr

« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2012, 07:27:22 pm »
New build posted:
- Added a lock control that uses the correct Service IDs for locks.  If you previously added your locks as on/off switches, please delete them from HomeWave and re-add them; you'll find a separate control type for them.  Try if the control now correctly opens/closes the lock.
- Added an option for thermostats to control heat/cool setpoint from a single spinner control.  If you wish to try this option, please delete and re-add your thermostat control.  Combined heat/cool setpoint control is the default.

Regarding the new thermostat control: you can now opt to control:
- Temperature (default): this controls the heat setpoint when your thermostat is in heating mode, and the cool setpoint when in cooling mode.  In Auto mode it controls both (not sure that is right, though).
- Heating Temperature: this setting always controls the heating setpoint, regardless of the thermostat setting
- Cooling temperature: the same, but for cooling.

The new "combined" control is available for thermostats, but not for the 3M-50 thermostat plugin.

Please note: Your Vera UI will most likely not reflect any changes in temperature setpoint, until Vera manages to actually transmit the new setpoint to the thermostat.  This can take up to several minutes.  Changes made on your thermostat should be visible in HomeWave as soon as they appear in the Vera UI.

Offline frichter09

« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2012, 09:17:27 pm »
Hi inveltr,

The new version does not work for me.
The Kwikset locks still show the same behavior as before. If you click on it within the app, the status changes, however the door lock does not do anything. This is also true for my Garage door opener which is in fact a evolve relay hooked up to my opener.
Also, the thermostat (CT30) stays at 0F.  ::)

Flo
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)