We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Beta started!  (Read 43144 times)

Offline intveltr

Re: Beta started!
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2012, 05:10:04 am »
Re. the locks, this seems to be due to a silly coding error (that's the trouble of not being able to test these things myself :) )   Does that Evolve relay appear in Vera as a lock?

Re. the thermostat: from the screenshot it seems that the thermostat is set to "off"; that would be why it does not show a temperature (perhaps it ought to show --- instead of 0). Try setting the thermostat to heating or cooling; the control should show the corresponding heating or cooling temperature set point.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2012, 07:18:55 am »
today's update fixed the thermostat!  it displays proper set point, changes setpoint, and updates setpoint when i change from web UI!  Very nice!

Offline frichter09

« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2012, 10:23:10 am »
Re. the locks, this seems to be due to a silly coding error (that's the trouble of not being able to test these things myself :) )   Does that Evolve relay appear in Vera as a lock?

Re. the thermostat: from the screenshot it seems that the thermostat is set to "off"; that would be why it does not show a temperature (perhaps it ought to show --- instead of 0). Try setting the thermostat to heating or cooling; the control should show the corresponding heating or cooling temperature set point.
Ah, thanks!
I will try this when I get back home!
The evolve relay does not show up as a lock (which is good because technically its not a lock anyways). It shows up as a on/off switch.
However I am using a plugin to combine my relay and window sensor to a lock. This lock is correctly displayed as a lock in HomeWave...
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline knewmania

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2012, 11:43:06 am »
New build posted:
- Added a lock control that uses the correct Service IDs for locks.  If you previously added your locks as on/off switches, please delete them from HomeWave and re-add them; you'll find a separate control type for them.  Try if the control now correctly opens/closes the lock.

I am seeing some oddities with the locks (beyond them not working). I see that locks are now an option to add as a device. When I add the lock their details specify that the lock will appear green when locked and red when unlocked, but when they are added they show up as gray with an unlocked status. At the time of adding the locks, their actual status was locked so the app didn't get the real status. When I actually try to use the lock/unlock function it works similar to what I saw before (and what Flo is reporting). Not sure if these details are helpful, but figured I should report.

Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline frichter09

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2012, 12:09:09 pm »
I had the same issue knewmania is reporting as well.
The locks were grey when first added. Just didnt put that info in my first post.  ::)
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline intveltr

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2012, 12:27:42 pm »
I am seeing some oddities with the locks (beyond them not working). I see that locks are now an option to add as a device. When I add the lock their details specify that the lock will appear green when locked and red when unlocked, but when they are added they show up as gray with an unlocked status. At the time of adding the locks, their actual status was locked so the app didn't get the real status. When I actually try to use the lock/unlock function it works similar to what I saw before (and what Flo is reporting). Not sure if these details are helpful, but figured I should report.

The grey color indicates that the app hasn't received any info on the device status.  You may still see the color change at some point; the app can figure out the status from the data from Vera in some cases.

While you're messing with locks, could you try the following URL in your browser?  Replace the IP address with that of your own Vera, and the number 57 with the device ID of your lock.  This URL should lock it.

http://192.168.2.13:3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_action&DeviceNum=57&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline knewmania

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2012, 01:00:38 pm »
While you're messing with locks, could you try the following URL in your browser? 

I am away from the home for several days so won't be able to try the URL for a while.  :(
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2012, 05:43:45 pm »
on the thermostat, is it possible to show the STATUS (cooling, heating, idle)?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2012, 05:53:48 pm »
on the thermostat, is it possible to show the STATUS (cooling, heating, idle)?

Everything is possible :)

Actually, the control already grabs the status when Vera sends it, I could display this info.  Perhaps as a small ice crystal/flame/nothing icon to save space (the control already has a lot of stuff on it)

Offline frichter09

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2012, 05:55:48 pm »
Oh, displaying a different icon is a great idea.
Also, maybe you can color code it? red for heat, blue for cooling, grey for idle?
Or maybe let the user choose the color...

Offline frichter09

« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2012, 06:03:58 pm »
I think I found a bug.
When I re-arrange my home-screen layout (move lights before locks)  this is not reflected on the actual control screens.
the locks will still show up before the lights while swiping...

Flo

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2012, 08:02:34 pm »
Oh, displaying a different icon is a great idea.
Also, maybe you can color code it? red for heat, blue for cooling, grey for idle?
Or maybe let the user choose the color...

Or a simple H, C, or I.

Or H, C, -

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:11:39 pm by Intrepid »

Offline frichter09

« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2012, 09:08:24 pm »
Or the icons....  :P

Offline frichter09

« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2012, 09:24:16 pm »

The grey color indicates that the app hasn't received any info on the device status.  You may still see the color change at some point; the app can figure out the status from the data from Vera in some cases.

While you're messing with locks, could you try the following URL in your browser?  Replace the IP address with that of your own Vera, and the number 57 with the device ID of your lock.  This URL should lock it.

http://192.168.2.13:3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_action&DeviceNum=57&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1

This works perfectly fine!
Just tested it!

Offline intveltr

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2012, 06:08:43 pm »
I think I found a bug.
When I re-arrange my home-screen layout (move lights before locks)  this is not reflected on the actual control screens.
the locks will still show up before the lights while swiping...

Not really a bug :)  The order of the screens is sort of random (it doesn't change though).  Once you start working with different size buttons on the home screen, the relative order of them is kind of hard to work out.  In the future, I may add a feature to specify the sort order and perhaps exclude certain screens from the swipe order.