We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Beta started!  (Read 44594 times)

Offline intveltr

Re: Beta started!
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2012, 06:10:29 pm »
New build posted:
- Locks should now work (fingers crossed!).  Please delete lock devices and re-add them.
- Thermostat setpoint controls now show "off" when the thermostat is in Off mode.
- Localization added.  Only Dutch & English for now, will send files for translation to volunteers!
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline frichter09

« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2012, 09:47:20 pm »
I am happy to report that all my locks are working correctl  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Are you still planing on letting the user choose the overall background color?  8)

Flo
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline davidd1205

« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2012, 03:25:01 am »
New build posted:
- Locks should now work (fingers crossed!).  Please delete lock devices and re-add them.
- Thermostat setpoint controls now show "off" when the thermostat is in Off mode.
- Localization added.  Only Dutch & English for now, will send files for translation to volunteers!

yes locks is now good

for french tranlation i can try  :)

Offline Minnies

« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2012, 09:00:06 am »
Yes, locks are now good.

One suggestion. When a switch or device is asked to turn on or change to have status update soon after selection to verify that it was completed. I have found instances where communications did not go through and did not know the action did not occur.

Any news on the Aeon HEM (energy manager)? That is the one thing that causes me to use the Mios web page now.

Thanks,
Ron

Offline intveltr

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2012, 09:56:08 am »
The problem with status updates is that when a command is sent but not received by Vera, Vera does not send the device's status to the app (since nothing will have changed).  The result is that the device status remains 'unknown'.  It's a tricky condition to work around (and I have seen the same behaviour in other apps); polling the full status after every action would consume too many network and Vera resources.   As far as I know, it is not possible to poll Vera for the state of just a single device.

I have considered adding a Refresh button, so that a full state refresh can be pulled from Vera manually at least.

Re. the Energy manager: this looks like it is a fairly easy device to add.  I have ordered one and will hopefully get it tomorrow or Monday, so I'll have a go at adding it :)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2012, 09:57:11 am »
Are you still planing on letting the user choose the overall background color?  8)

Not sure if that'll make it into the first release.

Offline Minnies

« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2012, 11:02:35 am »
The problem with status updates is that when a command is sent but not received by Vera, Vera does not send the device's status to the app (since nothing will have changed).  The result is that the device status remains 'unknown'.  It's a tricky condition to work around (and I have seen the same behaviour in other apps); polling the full status after every action would consume too many network and Vera resources.   As far as I know, it is not possible to poll Vera for the state of just a single device.

I have considered adding a Refresh button, so that a full state refresh can be pulled from Vera manually at least.

Re. the Energy manager: this looks like it is a fairly easy device to add.  I have ordered one and will hopefully get it tomorrow or Monday, so I'll have a go at adding it :)

I do poll individual devices by scenes to ensure status are up to date.

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","Poll",{},72)

Offline intveltr

« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2012, 05:32:47 pm »
Nice, that works over HTTP as well.  I can add an option to issue a Poll action to a device if it is changed from HomeWave.  Not sure if that'll make it into the first release though.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »
In my android app (AutHomation) I have the option to poll the device when long pressing the device and choosing the poll option. This can be done as you said over http.

- Garrett

Offline frichter09

« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2012, 07:21:09 pm »
Be able to poll the device is for sure a feature that should be added :)
Flo
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline knewmania

« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2012, 09:26:03 am »
New build posted:

Excellent!

I have a couple of ideas for enhancements:

-The ability to change the size of the webcam view (pinch method).

-Support for camera presets.

-The ability to set/modify lock PIN codes.

-The ability to manually trigger scenes.
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2012, 09:32:01 am »

-The ability to manually trigger scenes.

Add a scene, click it, it runs in the current version.

Offline Minnies

« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2012, 09:40:51 am »
I forgot where to look as to how to configure if you have more than 1 home/Vera module.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2012, 03:34:07 pm »
I have a couple of ideas for enhancements:

-The ability to change the size of the webcam view (pinch method).

-Support for camera presets.

-The ability to set/modify lock PIN codes.

Do you mean the ability to zoom the full-screen camera view?
Camera presets and lock PINs will come after launch!

Offline intveltr

« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2012, 03:35:27 pm »
I forgot where to look as to how to configure if you have more than 1 home/Vera module.

Go to your iPhone's Settings thing, and scroll down to the HomeWave app, then click that.  You can manually specify the device's IP there.