We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Like to hire paid assistance for setting up alarm/lock contol for VacationRental  (Read 6121 times)

Offline frankflorida

• Sr. Newbie
I bought all the components, controller, lock, camera, motion and door sensor... but I have no clue how to get it running?
Just got to the point where the controler found my units but don't understand how to set up scenes and get them to work. Waisted now hours and no results... If someone can setup/program my system remotly I would be happy to make it a paid service...
Frank

Offline MNB

@frankflorida, how did you fare with getting support? Mike
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline plainfieldhouse

I have also just begun by buying three Schlage locks...

Ideally would have them sync with a Google Calendar...

unable to find anyone who can help me..

Are you the person I'm looking for!

Offline chixxi

There is a google calendar plugin available: http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=1338

What are the exact questions/problems you have?
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Online DeltaNu1142

PM sent, since I'm also in FL.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline Minnies

I also have a rental home in FL. Specifically Davenport area just south of Disney.

It would be nice to have a local resource that could do any major system resets, component installations and help with any other issues that may arise (and yes I have had a few). Has to be knowledgable about MCV, various components and internet/router setup.

My system had been working nearly flawlessly until I had a Schlage lock failure in mid Feb (had to switch locations to keep the front door working) and when MCV recently changed my configuration to 3.20. Not sure which one is at fault but I no longer have any neighbors other than "1" for most devices and several have none. Functionality is a bit erratic as a result, including the pool controller which is pretty darn important.

Online DeltaNu1142

I'd like to help, but I'd rather not promise and then not be able to deliver.  I'm a professional in another industry who happens to be an electrical engineer that likes this stuff...  but I wouldn't make it a career.

I'm in the Tampa area & could probably help on a consultant basis.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline plainfieldhouse

I have also just begun by buying three Schlage locks...

Ideally would have them sync with a Google Calendar...

unable to find anyone who can help me..

Are you the person I'm looking for!

I know that a Google Calendar plugin exists, but I am not a programmer. I have been manually entering combos into the locks, which has been fine. But im looking to have the locks be modifiable thru Google Calendar.
Wherever the "formatting is" - whether in the title or description to create a 4 digit combo, i'll follow.
But when the event is created in the calendar the 3 locks sync to allow that 4 digits to work, and then when the event ends, the locks delete the combo.

Offline aecchalet

That is an interesting idea but the pins are not stored in the variables listed under the Advanced tab of the device (lock).  Does anyone know if this can be done?
Vera Plus 1.7.2138; 12xHRDS1, 2xTrane SCHTZMT400 Tstats; 5xZIR00, 4xCA9000 PIRs; 2xHA01C Recept; 2x2wy ZDW120W switch; 1xAppl (ACT, GE/Jasco), 1xLite Dim Mod (GE/Jasco, Evolve);  2xDead Bolts Schlage

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
Considering the fact that under UI5 you can see the codes and you can add/remove same via the pin codes tab in the lock settinsg (wrench) there must be a way to have a scene set/remove one. I wonder if that will involve LUUP code.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Yes, it can be done via luup in a scene. I recently just added the ability to create and delete pins in my android app.

- Garrett