Author Topic: Dusk to dawn outdoor light scene?  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Abscam

• Sr. Newbie
Dusk to dawn outdoor light scene?
« on: July 20, 2012, 06:44:54 pm »
Is there something built into UI5 that is plug and play for this, or do I have to figure out how to script something?  On my x-10 network there was a simple dusk to dawn +/- xx minutes setting to easily setup an outdoor light to automatically come on and go off.

How does one do this with Vera?  I have the switch installed...haven't figured out the rest.

Thanks in advance.
-cjd

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: Dusk to dawn outdoor light scene?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:32:20 pm »
Yes, you can do this by creating a scene and the easiest way to do this is to set up one scene scheduled to turn on lights at sunset and another scene to turn this off at sunrise.

I have included an overview of creating a scene that may assist.

Offline Abscam

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 11:31:35 am »
Yes, you can do this by creating a scene and the easiest way to do this is to set up one scene scheduled to turn on lights at sunset and another scene to turn this off at sunrise.

I have included an overview of creating a scene that may assist.

OK. I think I found my error. I had two scenes and two schedules. But. The schedules were both pointing to the same lights on scene. So I started from scratch and made a lights on scene and then saved and made a schedule. Saved and made a lights off scene, saved and made a schedule.  Looks better now.  Thanks.

Offline electricessence

Dusk to dawn outdoor light scene?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 03:17:40 pm »
I'd suggest using the heliotrope plugin. And then you may need to add the Combination Switch plugin.
No code. With at least one scene you'll be able to turn lights on and off based on the position of the sun which changes throughout the year but can be based simply on "Altitude".

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 06:03:57 pm »
I'd suggest using the heliotrope plugin. And then you may need to add the Combination Switch plugin.
No code. With at least one scene you'll be able to turn lights on and off based on the position of the sun which changes throughout the year but can be based simply on "Altitude".

Since the original question @futzle has embedded Heliotrope in to Combination Switch. Combination Switch is very, very versatile in what can be achieved using a "combination" of settings and when used with Heliotrope, it functionally results in a Virtual Switch for Day vs Night. For the basic function you asked for it will achieve the same outcome but as you get to appreciate the versatility of using the Combination swtich, it would expose you to how this can be used under multiple specific conditions to managed results....   

For details see:
Heliotrope;
Combination Switch; and
Virtual Switch for Day vs Night