Author Topic: Fibaro smoke sensor and temerature sensor  (Read 816 times)

Offline kwieto

Re: Fibaro smoke sensor and temerature sensor
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 04:28:53 pm »
Really, I have only limited options in this menu like 'Update neighbor nodes' and 'Add configuration settings'.
Nothing about a tampered event.

Check the manual for configuration parameters. notifications are under parameter 2

I start to feel that the support for this device is not so good. A smoke sensor is a product you have to be able to rely on. It should be absolutely avoided that future software updates breaks compatibility as this goes by unnoticed until an actual emergency occurs.

The question is where the problem lays. I have some "no-name" (bought on Aliexpress) CO sensor and that device works well (manual test triggers the alert in the controller).
It may be that the issue is on Vera's side (they provide integration which doesn't work), or on the Fibaro's side (i.e. they changed firmware which broke integrations with other controllers). I don't know which is true.

They should look into stabilizing the software is my opinion. I love the fibaro smoke sensor device I start regretting my choice of controller.

What so special in this sensor?
Design is nice, yes, but except of that I don't find it worth changing the controller.
Vera is not state of the art device, but for example with Fibaro controller you'll get probably more incompatibility issues with various devices.

Offline jp1980

Re: Fibaro smoke sensor and temerature sensor
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 05:33:01 pm »
After some futher testing, I did receive the tampered event, and my scene got started! Thats great.
This what I did, I added a configuration setting:
Variable : 2
Data Size : 1 byte dec
Value : 3

When saving this value Getvera cannot push this to the device but has to wait for the device to contact the controller.
To force this process simply push the button 3 times on the device.

After that it didn't immediately work, it took a minute.

Thanks again for assistance. I'm new to home automation, still lots to learn even though I have a software developer background.

What so special in this sensor?
Design is nice, yes, but except of that I don't find it worth changing the controller.
Vera is not state of the art device, but for example with Fibaro controller you'll get probably more incompatibility issues with various devices.

Yes its all about esthetics most smoke sensors are ugly. I don't want ugly things in my living room. Also it is light we installed a stretch ceiling, put a magnet above it and I can stick the unit on, looks really neat.  8)

In general I also find the getvera slow. Today I installed a smart meter reader cable, and I must admit installing wasn't that difficult. However it is slow in loading all the pages.