Author Topic: Aeotec DSD37-ZWUS not working with VeraSecure  (Read 593 times)

Offline Neight

Aeotec DSD37-ZWUS not working with VeraSecure
« on: November 22, 2018, 11:21:34 am »
Hello all,
I am brand new to Vera after switching from SmartThings and have experienced nothing but frustration so far.  I am hoping someone here can help me.  I have a number of questions, but I will start with the simplest first.  I recently purchased a VeraSecure and successfully unpaired and paired all of my old devices with my hub.  I have several Aeotec door/window sensor 6's which work except for my basement which has trouble getting a signal through the foundation recess.  I had purchased an Aeotec DSD37-zwus repeater to remedy the signal problems I had when using SmartThings.  Now after transferring everything to Vera, the repeater does not appear to be communicating with the door/window sensor.  It worked previously with SmartThings, but now with Vera, I still get a poor signal at the basement door.  I even moved the repeater within a few feet of the door/window sensor 6 with no luck.  The repeater shows in my VeraUI with no options listed and the red light on the device indicating connection stays lit.  Does anyone have any suggestions before for this before I try to dive into my other issues?

Offline Neight

Re: Aeotec DSD37-ZWUS not working with VeraSecure
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 02:27:04 pm »
I believe I resolved my issue with some help from AeoTec.  I had to manually add the altid for the repeater to the list of neighbors for the door/window sensor.  So far so good.

Offline Jamr

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 01:19:52 pm »
The repeater needs a good signal to repeat to your sensor. so if it is not getting a descent signal from your controller, it will not be able to do its job. If this problem persists, try moving your controller. Lots of rebar and metals in your foundation can create shadows with your signal from your controller.

Offline Neight

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 07:24:15 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  I received some assistance from Aeotec on the matter and had to manually add the repeater as a neighbor to the door window sensor for some reason.  It has been working well for the past three days.