Author Topic: Mysterious Time Zone Change??  (Read 1063 times)

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
Re: Mysterious Time Zone Change??
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 03:11:02 pm »
I am. Boy that's interesting.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline korvemaker

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 03:28:15 pm »
Also running the beta version. I forget when I installed it, but the last update time might cooincide with when the fun began.

Offline Fubie

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 03:46:07 pm »
I am but I've been in the beta for awhile and didn't have this happen before this weekend.  I've been using Chrome on Android and requesting the desktop site so I can easily verify the time and (re)set the timezone.  I'm not sure what is triggering the timezone change but I've had had to reset it twice since I first posted.

Offline swfire271

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 05:13:50 pm »
This is the reply I got.  Does it make any sense?  I don't understand how a network reset would do any good when clearly I'm not the only one that this is happening too, and I haven't made any changes to my network settings at all.....I have not reset anything as of yet, but it did change to the wrong time zone again this afternoon.  Frustrating......

FYI I'm on firmware 1.7.4001   and also running the beta mobile app.

Thank you for contacting Vera Support!

It might be possible that this behavior to be related to the LuaUPnP reloads. There on the unit is a script that check the unit connectivity with the router and for any reason it detects that the Vera controller loses its IP address even if it did not.

This matter has been reported to our Development Team and it should be addressed with the next firmware release, until then please perform a network reset on the unit and let the network settings unchanged.

To do this, from Dashboard, go to Settings > Net & Wi-fi > Reset to default network settings.

You can keep an eye on our Release Notes page that I?ve attached below in order to see when the next firmware will be released.

http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles

Please let me know if this matter still persists,

Thank you!

Offline swfire271

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2018, 05:17:25 pm »
Update:

I just set it back to Central Time and saved it from my Chrome browser on my PC.

I then logged into the beta mobile app and literally watched the time zone change on the dashboard page to the wrong one.

Offline Jamr

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2018, 07:54:05 pm »
Are any of you guys running the beta version of VeraMobile?
My troubles started the same evening I installed the beta, or at least it looks like it...

Now that you mention it, yes I just started using the mobile beta. I believe it was the same day also.

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 05:04:54 am »
and there I was just about to look at the beta App, I'll hold off for now.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Fubie

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 07:28:10 am »
I don't think this is tied to the app.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't seem to find anywhere in the app where you can view let alone change the timezone.  After three days of fighting the timezone constantly resetting I finally made repeated changes (and yes I saved those changes) to my information in Settings > Location and Users & Account Info > Unit Settings.  After making multiple changes and saving each one at a time the unit "appears" to have saved my timezone.

To me, this issue seems to point to a problem between the web form and how/when the data is saved on the Vera.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2018, 07:34:19 am »
Hi guys, this is already under the magnifying glass as we speak.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline sky320

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2018, 01:19:12 pm »
This needs to be addressed quickly as it is causing the scenes to run at incorrect times. As long as I do not go to use my androids VeraMobile it stays. I have an Android phone so when I am on the road I now have to use chrome to access.  >:(

Offline korvemaker

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 05:32:32 pm »
It's now reverted to GMT-5:00 (after i'd moved my events to GMT-11:00)

Offline Jamr

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2018, 01:34:10 pm »
After the initial mysterious switch I switched it back to the correct zone and it has stayed there even with me using the beta many times.
Have you tried switching it back to the correct time zone?

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 03:56:47 pm »
running the beta and all is OK (I'm in OZ).

Edit: no. I'n not OK. The Beta caused a FW upgrade which shot my working system.
Now awaiting a downgrade to my last known working FW version.
Use in Sandpit only.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 04:06:18 pm by zedrally »
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2018, 04:03:54 am »
Good day everyone.

The mysterious time zone changes were indeed affecting the Android beta users, but this was, in fact, part of a deeper implementation of a timezone mechanism which was reverted in the latest Android Beta push.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7