Author Topic: Life cycle of the vera edge  (Read 186 times)

Offline zachattac

Life cycle of the vera edge
« on: December 03, 2018, 04:27:42 am »
Hello I would like an honest answer, what is the support life cycle for the Vera edge controller and the firmware upgrade life cycle, when will support end. I have a Vera 2 so its time to upgrade but don't want to be caught out if the support is only for a couple of years. Or when is the next hardware release cycle.
regards Dene

Offline Cristina

• Support
  • Sr. Newbie
Re: Life cycle of the vera edge
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 09:01:59 am »
Hello,

Please note that Vera Edge controller is an active controller and it was born to use our latest platform, called UI 7. We are very active in releasing firmware versions  on UI 7.

Even if we have new hardware in our market, Vera Plus and Vera Secure, we still offer support for Vera Edge and even for old controllers, like Vera Lite or Vera 3.

For any other issues or questions please send us an email to support@getvera.com.

Thank you and Have a nice day,

Offline Nameless

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 01:50:41 pm »
Please read the posts regarding the Mios acquisition. Educate yourself on the risks / benefits. While your controller may indeed remain supported, it may be better to wait and see what the new company comes up with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Jamr

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 02:17:24 pm »
Vera is great with their support. I recently had help with a Vera Lite and they did not once mention it was too old to help me with it. Of course this may change with new owners.