Author Topic: Z-wave switch - Qunino Vs Fibaro  (Read 767 times)

Offline Domoworking

Z-wave switch - Qunino Vs Fibaro
« on: December 05, 2018, 09:09:16 am »
Considering all the problems I read about FGS-223 and FGS-213 I was thinking about buying some Qubino's, but a quick serach showed up a lot of thread about problems.....
I remember I also read somewhere about qubino breaking more easly (at least from a statistic point of view).

Any comment or reccomandation is welcome....

Offline Jamr

Re: Z-wave switch - Qunino Vs Fibaro
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 11:18:17 am »
You might want to check out Enerwaves single relay RSM1-PLUS. They are a tad bit cheaper.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:13:12 pm »
^^^ Without stating your region it's not possible to give a definitive answer.
Guessing you are in the EU then try Philio, simple non fuss modules which work well with Vera.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Domoworking

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 07:52:44 pm »
Sry, you are right... i'm in Europe.
BTW anyone has tested Aeotec mini switch?

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 07:59:43 pm »
Try the Philio PAN series, all work perfectly with Vera.
Google for resellers.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 07:40:58 pm »
Cracking deal on the philio ones on here

Www.homecontrolshop.com

Offline timmy

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 07:41:40 am »
Hi, I also advise you to try Philio PAN, you should not have any problem to make it work with Vera

___________________________________________________________________________________
https://downloader.vip/torrent-sites/ https://downloader.vip/vpn/ https://tutuappx.com/
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:04:06 pm by timmy »

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 07:49:51 am »
Qubino relay 2 work flawless!
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline kwieto

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 04:21:13 am »
As for relays, I can recommend Qubino, with one remark: although they are small, they need some room for necessary ventillation. If put it in too small wallbox or leave to little room for ventillation they you may risk that they broke (it happened to me). But if you manage that, they work without issues.

I wouldn't recommend Qubino's RGBW and PWM Thermostat, as they have issues with proper configuration.

Offline trygve

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 03:36:58 am »
I have mostly Qubino devices and a couple of Fibaro. I have Qubino 240V flush dimmers, relays (both single and double), 12V dimmer and flush shutters and have never had any issues with them. I had one being broken from the factory and I did blow out one rgbw dimmer due to me adding the wrong power supply to it and thats all the issues I've had.

Had zero issues wih the couple of Fibaro's also. I have one double relay from Fibaro and I find it a bit more wonky than the Qubino one.
Vera Edge. Qubino flush dimmers-, 10V dimmers-, flush relays-, flush shutters-, Sunricher touch panel-, RGBW touch panel, Secure thermostats & relays, HeatIt thermostats, Fibaro RGBW dimmers, Aeotec multisensors-, Switches, Z-Wave.Me Wall Controllers, SwiidInter Cord Switch, Velux Integra, Sonos

Offline Domoworking

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 02:48:32 pm »
I bought one TBK Home TZ79 switch. They are a little bit cheaper than competitors and support zwave plus and energy monitoring.
No problem with pairing, just need to manual add device parameters to configure.
Seems to be working properly by now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 04:37:29 pm by Domoworking »