Author Topic: 3 Ghost Motion Sensors have appeared and support response is poor!  (Read 215 times)

Offline dJOS

The other day I rebooted my Vera Plus yesterday becasue it was behaving oddly and then I took a closer look after that hadnt solved the issue ..... and discovered I have 3 Ghost Motion Sensors for my Aeotec Multi-Sensor 6 that never existed before. These are the reason I was seeing odd behaviour with motion alerts.

Anyway, I logged a ticket with support and today I got a reply:

I have checked your unit and saw that the ghost devices are created by the ZW100 Aeotec that you have. More specifically, this one Upstairs MultiSensor. I am not sure why these appeared on your unit and please know that I have enabled Verbose Logging and Lock Log Levels on your unit. Therefore, I would ask you to exclude the device, factory reset the sensor to default and then include it again.

If you will experience this issue again after you include it, let us know with an approximate time and date when you noticed it or when they appeared if possible so we would be able to check the logs and see what may cause this.

Frankly I'm not impressed as that involves a bunch of config to put all my scenes back to how they should be - my sensor didnt magically create these sensor ghosts, my Vera plus did so why cant support just fix it (without messing up half my Zwave device ID's like they did last time my VP started playing up!)?
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline Don Phillips

Re: 3 Ghost Motion Sensors have appeared and support response is poor!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 09:42:47 pm »
It is a pain but after you include the device, you can change its device number back to the old number to maintain your logic.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline dJOS

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 10:53:10 pm »
It is a pain but after you include the device, you can change its device number back to the old number to maintain your logic.

I only re-added it a few weeks ago so Im quite frustrated TBH - thanks for the info tho, I wasnt aware you could change device ID's manually.
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline dJOS

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 05:00:07 am »
Thankfully Vera support have fixed the issue without making a mess of my zwave Network this time - I don't know what they did but I'm grateful they sorted it.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 05:17:17 am »

How?
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline rafale77

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 09:32:06 am »

How?

It is an attribute of the device. Go into the device under advanced.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 09:35:41 am »

How?

It is an attribute of the device. Go into the device under advanced.

"params" - "id"? is that harmless?
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline rafale77

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 09:40:49 am »
Yes it is the id (not the altid which is the zwave device id it is linked to on the zwave API if it is a zwave device). Just make sure there is no redundancy as I suspect the luup engine deletes duplicate numbers during a luup reload. Otherwise it is quite safe to change.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline dJOS

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 03:22:19 am »
Ok, now I'm really pi$$ed off - today the following devices stopped working with Alexa and my Reactor Scenes:

Rachael's lamp - was ID 56
Lounge Fan - was ID 70
Xmas tree - was ID 174

and all of these devices had the following added to the end of their names "1 1" and now have different Zwave device ID's.

To say I'm extremely unhappy is an understatement right now, I'm really freaking close to throwing my Vera Plus in the bin and buying a HomeSeer rather than wait for the UI8 re-build!!!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 03:23:52 am by dJOS »