Author Topic: New Plugin: Deus Ex Machina  (Read 25353 times)

Offline nutshellml

Re: New Plugin: Deus Ex Machina
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2017, 09:49:48 am »
Question: Will Dues Ex Machina plugin still work if I have my "AWAY" mode in vera turn all lights off?  Will the Plugin still turn them on randomly after sunset?

Online rigpapa

« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2017, 07:59:42 pm »
@nutshellml, yes. It works in any mode, and can also be set to work only in certain modes (e.g. Away and Vacation).
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, SiteSensor, and Auto Virtual Thermostat plugins. Using Vera Plus (1.7.3232), Vera3 (1.7.855), 50 dimmers and 40 switches (mostly Leviton, some Linear and GE), a dozen sensors, a truckload of PLEG, and of course, my own plugins.

Offline peterv123

« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2017, 11:57:16 am »
Hi there, I have installed the Deus Ex Machina app and I can see it in my vera controller :)

Would someone help with how to configure it please.  I really cant work it out! Step by step would be amazing.

I want to trigger the random light sequence when in away and vacation mode.

Sorry if this has been posted else where!

Many thanks in advance

Peter

Offline MNB

« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2017, 09:15:53 pm »
@rigpapa, many thanxs for the updated and improved plug-in. Question in regards to "Lights-Out Time" field the current default is 23:59 (11:59 pm) can I assume that if I enter 05:30 (0530 am) and the plug-in is enabled it would turn on some time around sun-down and would randomly turn on/off lights/devices that the user specifies until 05:30 am in the morning or is there a problem bridging between two days? Mike

Update: Helps if one reads the documentation.. the answer is yes one can enter 24hrs times and yes it bridges between two days.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 08:36:18 pm by MNB »
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline nutshellml

« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2017, 08:01:06 am »
I set up Dues Ex AWAY mode.  After reviewing some of my cameras, I noticed that the Duex Ex ran all night (didn't stop at specified time) Also did not shut all off in the morning or at end of cycle.  Any thoughts on what this could be?

Offline sam11i

« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2017, 03:06:39 pm »
Hi,

I am having trouble saving the settings in the app. I select the lights to be controlled but the check marks do save when I press "back", thought the time does stay saved.  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Sam

Offline sam11i

« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2017, 05:22:53 pm »
Figured it out. I was using the orignal version of the app not the UI7.

Thanks

Offline Thorden

« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2017, 06:55:03 am »
Hi Rigpapa,

Any news about release of version 2.5? I see it is released on Git Hub.
Really looking forward to the new functionality of this absolutely fantastic plugin!

Thank you for your great work with this one!

Online rigpapa

« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2017, 07:59:16 pm »
Yes! Version 2.5 was submitted a couple of days ago and I'm waiting for Vera to approve it. I know I can just email their support team, but I always find it amusing to let the approval requests sit for a week or two, you know, just to see if anyone is paying attention. ~:-/
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, SiteSensor, and Auto Virtual Thermostat plugins. Using Vera Plus (1.7.3232), Vera3 (1.7.855), 50 dimmers and 40 switches (mostly Leviton, some Linear and GE), a dozen sensors, a truckload of PLEG, and of course, my own plugins.

Offline Thorden

« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2017, 04:06:28 am »
Great stuff, looking forward to try it out!

Thanks again!
 :)

Online rigpapa

« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2017, 10:49:42 pm »
Looks like they approved it. Version 2.5 is released!

Offline sebby

« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2017, 08:04:41 am »
Looks like they approved it. Version 2.5 is released!

Thank you for working on this plugin.  It is awesome!

Offline nutshellml

Scene Control not working
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2017, 03:30:31 pm »
So I'm creating a "Scene Control".  On Scene: "TV ON" Off Scene "TV OFF".  (I created two separate scenes in Vera one to turn on my tv via my harmony hub and one to power off everything.   I have a maximum of 4 targets on, and the Max On Time in my controlled devices is 30:

Issue 1 - I add my On and Off scene and click the + but nothing happens. 

Question (once I figure above out) - how long will that "TV ON" stay on for?

Online rigpapa

Re: Scene Control not working
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2017, 06:13:09 pm »
So I'm creating a "Scene Control".  On Scene: "TV ON" Off Scene "TV OFF".  (I created two separate scenes in Vera one to turn on my tv via my harmony hub and one to power off everything.   I have a maximum of 4 targets on, and the Max On Time in my controlled devices is 30:

Issue 1 - I add my On and Off scene and click the + but nothing happens. 

That's a bug! I've patched it and posted it on Github here: https://github.com/toggledbits/DeusExMachina/blob/develop/J_DeusExMachinaII1_UI7.js

To install it, go to the above link, then right-click on the "Raw" button above the file contents display, and choose "Save Link As..." to save the file to your local hard disk (don't change the filename). Then, upload that file using Vera's UI uploader under Apps > Develop Apps > Luup Files.

Question (once I figure above out) - how long will that "TV ON" stay on for?

It will stay on for not more than 30 minutes, if the Max On Time is set for 30 as you indicated above, and as little as the minimum cycle time, which is 5 minutes by default. Since DEMII's default maximum cycle time is 30 minutes, your Max On setting won't have any discernible effect. Max On is meant for just a few devices that would normally have short cycle times, like a light for a toilet, or a hallway light, in "natural" usage.

Offline nutshellml

Re: Scene Control not working
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2017, 08:47:25 pm »

That's a bug! I've patched it and posted it on Github here: https://github.com/toggledbits/DeusExMachina/blob/develop/J_DeusExMachinaII1_UI7.js

To install it, go to the above link, then right-click on the "Raw" button above the file contents display, and choose "Save Link As..." to save the file to your local hard disk (don't change the filename). Then, upload that file using Vera's UI uploader under Apps > Develop Apps > Luup Files.

WORKED.  Thanks...   Question -  I vaguely remember somewhere there was a way to "Test" everything.  can you point me to the info to do so.